BANANATHROW lvl100x2 proven;uber atziri capable ... (crit ele spectral mass dps and mf capable)

Do you guys think scion will be the best choice to do a version of this build with? (of course the levelling build will be different but I mean the end game build).
IGN: korgan_bloodarrow
"
Do you guys think scion will be the best choice to do a version of this build with? (of course the levelling build will be different but I mean the end game build).

There have been a couple of variations on this build from people but currently Scion is most point-efficient, you get more out of it.. but you never know, Passive Tree is getting changed and Scion start in particular is getting nerfed - wait till tomorrow to find out.

I'm still betting, Scion will be the best.
IGN: Chundaziri
8/8 Ambush/Invasion Complete - 21/06/2014
8/8 Warbands/Tempest Complete - 10/08/2015
Last edited by Chundadragon on Mar 4, 2014, 4:46:48 PM
"
stzbttln wrote:

It would seem that with the vaal pact nerf, running a life leech gem is now mandatory and going with elemental would be better as it would more effectively mitigate damage from ele reflect.

this was allready the case before vp nerf and is one of the reasons i was using the elemental dagger instead of a high pdps one. THe general direction towars elemental based wont change. imho the only question if one wants at least a high percent or high flat roll or if one doenst one at all atm.
Ingame @FlubbyEverywhere domination or @Flubbyy default
Massive dmg spectral throw guide: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/705757/
Old anarchy rich poeple specc: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/508331 (Flickercharge low life ele cleave)
"
Flubby wrote:
"
stzbttln wrote:

It would seem that with the vaal pact nerf, running a life leech gem is now mandatory and going with elemental would be better as it would more effectively mitigate damage from ele reflect.

this was allready the case before vp nerf and is one of the reasons i was using the elemental dagger instead of a high pdps one. THe general direction towars elemental based wont change. imho the only question if one wants at least a high percent or high flat roll or if one doenst one at all atm.

Would you say attack speed is the absolute most important stat for the weapon? And then let the auras scale the damage up? I'm kind of on a budget for my weapon here, so I think I'll have to go for a ~1.9-2 AS and 9 crit dagger and ele damage as a bonus. Would that be a good enough start? Btw thanks for your help.
#1 spirit shield - #1 ES/all res diamond ring - 6T1 ES/WED/tri-res rustic sash mirror service
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/989804

twitch.tv/steezbattalion
IGN ddddddddddddddddddddime
is this not a good build for the new hardcore league?
"
Flubby wrote:
at early stage sget whatever u can get with high aps and crit. my 1 week experience tells me that will be a mix of some pdmg and ele dmg.
the decision you are planning to make comes at a point where we will have alot more infos as to how bad the effect of vp is and vp shouldnt be picked much befor e90+ levles anyways. i will be running something in that direction as start as well btw.

ON A GENERAL NotE:
i would also hevaily speak agaisnt trying this build with no prior experience as first char in a new league without gear you will suffer and have a pretty steeep learnign curve. Many poeple with huge ressources and a market like standard available came up in this thread asking for assistance on the buld. this becomes even harder at the ealry lvls and with bad gear. so be warned that this is not your easy walk in the park to level was and please refrain from pming me for help if u decide to ( i had to answer quite an amount of pms recently and wont have the time when sotv started to be as kind and responsive as i have been the last days). though if you like a challenge it is definetly still working and well i will play alot early on and if u need hints check out the stream it might help you since ill prolly have the same problems that youll encounter.

First of all this build rules, congrats on creating it and thank you for providing so much info in this thread.
I'm wondering how do you see your skill tree when leveling this for a new league (or 1 week race). Like what would your tree look like at lvl 50-60? What are the most important nodes to get first (besides obviously going Life early on before switching to ES later).

I'll watch once you start streaming since I plan on rolling a similar build for Ambush league tomorrow, thanks again!
"
kenx wrote:

I wouldn't recommend it for hc, the gear requirements are really high.

Skill tree 1.1 has been released:
For my current setup it means more %ES (+6) and more dps (+3k)!
Crit multi got nerfed, but since I can save up some points with the new position of VP and the increased %ES nodes I can get Pressure Points (got the same crit multi in the end) but I also get more crit chance. I did lose a bit of AS and Proj Dmg though.

Obviously in the new league the nerf will be steeper with lower crit multi on the amulet and on Maligaro's but this build still works. If I remove 30crit multi from the amu and take Mali 36crit multi I lose 1k dps in comparison to the current version (48.7k dps).
"
Flubby wrote:

i would also hevaily speak agaisnt trying this build with no prior experience as first char in a new league without gear you will suffer and have a pretty steeep learnign curve.

This. From my experience, level with 2H spectral, make a switch in the late 50's or so.
I know I will.

"
kenx wrote:

Rather not. You usually stop to die after everything came together. Level 100 and several 90+ in Domination proved that.
Still, it's a full dps build. We're not 100% sure yet how the Vaal Pact change will play out.
Reflect been an issue before, if combined with a bad curse, another reflect, etc.

Especially with a lot of incoming damage at the same time. Hint: Invasion is exactly that imo, insane damage spikes.

I wouldn't play the build in hc, you need to be at 100% awareness at all times, since you're basically dead the moment you don't attack.
Plus you really don't want to rip a shavs crown auxium etc..
As some GGG dev said before, If you wanna rip in hc, wear a shavs.

[e] yay Puce calculations!
Looks good imo, we should be fine. Plus we get some dps back from lvl 15+ ST
IGN: Iski
Last edited by Balguez on Mar 5, 2014, 5:28:26 AM
Just saw the new skill tree. Used the application in the reddit thread:

http://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/1zlt62/updated_for_110_offline_skill_tree_calculator/

I did a re-skill of the tree and found the following related to the build.

1. Vaal Pact has been moved up the tree. This saves 5 of the +10-STR nodes to reach it.
2. Unwavering stance has been moved down but requires the same amount of points.
3. Berserking attack speed reduced to 12% from 15%.
4. First Spell damage node reduced to 10% from 12%
5. Path of Savant needs one more point to reach. 6% more ES due to that.
6. Path of Savant's spell damage increased to 16% from 12%
7. 2 less points to reach Throatseeker as 2 nodes have been removed. (-20% crit multiplier)
8. Throatseeker crit multi reduced to 25% from 30%.
9. Have to take the Physique +30 ST node to compensate some of the STR loss in point 1 above.
10. Spell damage per power charge increased to 4% from 3%
11. 2% more ES from node while reaching Arcane focus.

Everything else remains the same (unless I missed something) with the same approach paths. Due to above, we have 4+2=6 extra points to spend.
Last edited by Rahul_Numenor on Mar 5, 2014, 9:27:15 AM
so with the tree being available do u think scion is the best choice for this build (well, a variation of it)
IGN: korgan_bloodarrow

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info