A Few Questions

Hi all,

Just signed up for the beta and I have a few questions that came to mind as I was perusing the passive tree. I hope some of you can answer them for me.

1. How exactly does critical strike % work in this game? For example, let's say you have 5% chance to critically strike and you pick up a passive that grants 15% critical chance, does that now bring you to 20%, or is that 15% improving a base multiplier that we don't see in the character sheet?

2. Is there a cap on movement/attack speed?

3. Does weapon damage impact spell potency, or is weapon damage only tied into physical strikes?

4. Can all classes use all weapons or are there restrictions?

Thanks for any and all answers.
Try this http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/11707
Malice Mechanics thread: i think you will find the answers there
IGN: KimELF, I encourage every player before making a thread to use Search option, Yes forum has that!
1. Multiplier
2. As far as i know there is no cap
3. not sure
4. Any class can use anything, only difference is different starting areas on the passive skill tree (more relevant to what the class should be using but does not have too)
Last edited by AidenBlah on Jan 22, 2013, 2:02:27 PM
1) Crit multiplier and critical chance are two different things.

First is what your damage is multiplied by when you score a critical hit. Base is 150% so a 15% node when multiplier your damage by 165% on a critical strike.

Second is your chance to critical strike and is based of the base critical strike chance of your weapon. So if you 5% chance to crit and you gained a 15% critical chance node. You would gain 15% of 5% chance to crit. So your crit chance would be 5.75. (I think never used a crit chance build but I'm fairly certain)

2)No but you can figure things out like this for yourself.

http://en.pathofexilewiki.com/wiki/Movement_Speed

It has a wealth of knowledge.

3)No and yes. As in no to the first part of your question and yes to the second part.

4)No restrictions, all classes can use all weapons as long as you meet the level, STR, DEX, INT requirements.
IGN : Jackyboy_Trade
Last edited by Jackyboy on Jan 22, 2013, 2:05:56 PM
1. 15% improving a base multiplier of the weapon you use

2. i dont think you have a cap for MS or AS

3. No its not affaect spell except the spell using the weapons to cast the speel like power syphon or lightning strike for exemple

4.Yes they can you just need to meet the STR , DEX or INT requirement of the weapons

IGN : Bisebille
Thank you all for the responses; very informative.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info