Open Beta vs. Actual Release

After searching around a bit I've found a lot of conflicting information. Can I get some clarification about the difference between open beta and an official release for PoE? I've read the term 'soft release', I've also read claims of character wipes after open beta.

-Will characters be wiped again between open beta and release?
-What does "soft release" actually mean for PoE?
-What will open beta lack that release won't other than bug fixes/other changes of that nature, if anything?

These questions may sound stupid, but in my experience open beta can be very different from game to game, and I'm just hoping someone can give me a little insight into what open beta means to PoE and what the transition will be like vs. the transition from closed to open beta.
Characters will never be wiped again.
I guess its a soft release because they feel they have so much more potential in adding things so there will be bugs

In my opinion i think this is mainly so u can actualy play the game properly now, without losing your progress every month-few months, hope this helps
Last edited by AidenBlah on Jan 22, 2013, 1:57:58 PM
"
Aftergl0 wrote:

-Will characters be wiped again between open beta and release?
-What does "soft release" actually mean for PoE?
-What will open beta lack that release won't other than bug fixes/other changes of that nature, if anything?

-This is the last wipe, the characters will never be wiped again.
-It means it's essentially release.
-There is no announced list of features planned for official release, but I suspect something like guild support might find its way in till then, nothing drastically different though.
Thanks guys, pretty much exactly what I was looking for

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info