Open Beta - Character Wipe - Wait Time?

Hey everyone,

I apologize if this topic has been beaten over the head already.... numerous times. I did a little bit of searching and could not find a difinitive answer. As we all know the character wipe is set to happen tomorrow.

Lets just say, for this topic of discussion the wipe is to occur at 2pm "your time." I assume the servers are going to be shut down, and rebooted / wiped / whatever else is neccessary for this wipe. My questions are:

1) How LONG will this character wipe take? Will it "start" when the timer runs out and take a day? an hour? a minute? a week?

2) Once the wipe has been set, will the servers just be refreshed and started back up again? what was the average down time to initiate the last patches ( I never had the experience of waiting for them to patch the game overnight or other ways, etc )

In summary.... I notice the countdown timer but how much LONGER will we have to wait AFTER this timer to actually PLAY the game?

Thanks friends.
Most patches are 1 minute long. Due to the geniuses at GGG. :P

Character wipes, IIRC, are around 15-30 mins long wait time for the servers to come back up. However, I have a feeling that GGG will probably take their time with this one. Nothing has been released giving a definitive downtime though.
Not long.
No more then one hour i think
Gl & HF may the rng gods be with you.
I saw a post by Chris on reddit saying when the timer is zero it will be available to play so im guessing the wipe starts at an hour left or something
"
AidenBlah wrote:
I saw a post by Chris on reddit saying when the timer is zero it will be available to play so im guessing the wipe starts at an hour left or something

Can you link that post please?
Why wouldn't they just run the server as a copy of present already set up with the OB version of the game and with all the wiped/reset characters already installed ready to go?

From what I heard the intent is to have a number of servers ready to go if launch numbers are higher than anticipated anyway... this would be a particularly good use for what would otherwise simply be held in waiting.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info