Figured I would toss my hat in the ring - My 2h'd Mace ST

I've read over a lot of Spectral Throw Builds since release, always looking, trying to see what other people are doing. I've seen some builds that I liked, and some that I haven't, and figured since I'm now at a point where my build is more or less complete, I'd share how I've been going about doing things.

ME: Anoxtik - Domination - Level 74 as of writing this.
My Build Currently

My build, @ 80
You will notice the next 6 points are invested in HP, and finishing off the Aura Cluster north of the Shadow Area.

Why I Specc'd the way that I did.
There are some points in the tree that are questionable.

The lone 40% Mana Regen Node off the scion starting area for instance. This is from when I was having some mana issues earlier on. I specc'd out of a point of life, and into that, and I stopped having some of the mana problems I was having at the time. It's probably safe for me to remove the point at this point. I haven't yet, mainly because right now, I'm able to run sans mana flask. It is definitely a point that can be respecc'd.

That seems like a long way out of the way to get mind drinker, and an aura cluster. Sure, it is. But, I went that way, because I like Leech. I like leech from passives even more, and I wanted to make sure that I had enough Passive Dex that I could level my gems without fear of being tied to a particular piece of gear for the dex. I was also able to pick up a few very nice passives along the way, and I like them.

I'm specced into Unwavering Stance, but not Iron Reflexes. Yes. I am. I just try not to wear gear with Evasion. Sure, it cuts out some gear, and some gear ends up with wasted EV on it (my rings currently), but I find that if I'm running IR, I want to try and find a way to run Grace, and I can't properly put into words why I dislike that combo, except to say that when I ran it on my marauder I hated it. I hated it so much that I was giddy when release allowed me to remove the Grace Gem from my gear, and never use it again.

What is the goal of the build?
The goal is simple. I throw things, and hop around like a monkey with Leap Slam. I don't run a melee skill. I run 2 Spectral Throws. One LMP'd, and one Not. I didn't want to deal with speccing some nodes that helped my "ranged skill" and some that supported my "melee skill" (specific "Melee Damage Nodes") like I've seen some people do. I wanted each point to either help me stay alive, or help me kill things, no matter what I was using. So here I am, tossing ghostly copies of my mace, and hopping around like a monkey.

Or, standing still, and giggling when things hit me and I have my granite.

What Content am I clearing?
I've cleared up through level 69 maps, no problem. I haven't cleared anything higher than that, as I play primarily solo, and don't have a large pool of maps. I have 1 level 70 map, so I'm holding on to that, and clearing out the stash of the lower level maps right now. Maybe I'm doing it wrong, but I just didn't find a good "Return value" in trading up my 67+ maps for higher maps at the vendor.

What am I wearing?
Spoiler

Obviously, the gear is still a work in progress. I play "primarily" self found. I've purchased a few pieces here and there (belt, is only thing I'm wearing currently that was purchased), but primarily, it's what I find, I craft.

Anyway, not really looking for much of a critique at this point, I'm pretty happy with my progress, but figured I would throw a build out there that doesn't rely on a melee skill, that clears maps (yes, I know, not the "highest maps yet", maybe I'll be back for a critique when I hit a wall), and figured I would give people a look at something that is a little different than the common builds out there.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info