Marauder 1h axe + shield build

Hello PoE Community :)
I'm new here, and i have few questions about the class and the build which i choose to follow on this huge passive tree.

1. I'm old fashion Diablo (PVP) player and i chose Marauder with 1H Axe + Shield. Most of the Marauders that i have seen on youtube and in the game have 2H Weapons and use AoE skills.So I was wondering I there any chance for my build to be a good choice for PVP?

2. I started to build my passive tree in the website. Please check it and give me some advise.

My Build
First of all, you spent way too many points in trying to get your axe damage up. You got a up to a maximum of 77% increased health, which is very, very low. You even left out the life regen (Golem's Blood). You got 8 life % nodes, and more then 25 nodes to increase one-handed or axe damage.

You took resolute technique, which stops you from critting, although you will always hit. yet, you still took 3 points for crit multiplier and 3 points to increase your crit chance.

You used all your 111 points, what will your build be at level 50, 60, 70 and so on? As wel, you wasted many points by spreading out too much.

How I would made a 1h/shield based marauder would be something like:
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEBxthYY1BQjM_2SF8_VEnnUu8Oud3yL9SPGS4n7fPdrKpyqXzZe4whAvcrkHTkUeeuMBkx-3A-oLT7qvMGVw2Rzrvt0iGezacw974B5zboOlLfv8T2PC1Z88AaZp6plVFgGjKAVk99cH2QVaeEGjjsODrYLdJN2Ix2Pfx8uCkuhmBWBGFSYIhVqZe0rLoyCSi1705AoAUtYEt673TtxFgn1aLqEuEM9-nVJCU=

Even though this is not a perfect build, it gives you an idea of what you should look for. This would require level 73 with the health reward from the bandit quests
Last edited by fgcewoud on Jan 21, 2013, 6:02:44 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info