Scion - Low Life RF Lightning Warper Flavor Build - Feedback Appreciated!

So, I've always been interested in skills with unique mechanisms. Right now, the two skills that I've been trying to think up builds around are RF (not uncommon) and Lightning Warp (uncommon, it would seem, especially when the focus is on player-casting).

Concept:
Spoiler

I want to be able to quickly warp from group to group dealing heavy damage. I've included Molten Shell (and thus block passives in the tree), Righteous Fire, and Tempest Shield to increase survivability and damage, but the heart of the build is LW. The idea would be to activate molten shell, warp into a group of mobs (hopefully stacking shocks on top of shocks that may already be present due to Tempest Shield) and have the Molten Shell explosion and AOE burn from RF finish off the group. Lather, rinse, repeat.

Skills and Supports:
Spoiler

Lightning Warp - Increased AOE / Concentrated Effect / Reduced Duration / Increased Critical Strike Chance / Mana Leech (?)
Molten Shell - Chance to Ignite / Increased Burning Damage / Life Leech
Tempest Shield - Increased Critical Strike Chance / Elemental Proliferation /
Conductivity
Righteous Fire
Blood Rage
Discipline or Vitality

Ideas for additional supports much appreciated.

Passives:
Spoiler

Definitely going to need help with this. I don't know game mechanics well enough to design an effective passive tree, but this is what I was thinking. The important points as I see them:
-Lots of frenzy charges (you'll see why later)
-Block (so TS can shock as much as possible and MS triggers asap upon warping into a group of mobs)
-ES (low life RF build, so... yeah)
-Life regen (to offset degen from RF and BR)
-Zealot's Oath (so life regen is useful)
-Pain Attunement (might as well go whole-hog with this more damage thing)
-Iron Reflexes (because evasion does me no good if I want Molten Shell to trigger)
-I haven't taken too close a look at the increased DOT nodes coming with 1.03., but it would seem they are right along my passive path and if they apply to RF I might take them.

The tree:
Scion Low Life RF Lightning Warper

Gear:
Spoiler

Three main pieces:
1.) Shav's Wrappings (necessary for any low life build, and doubly so here because I'd like to use Blood Rage for...)
2.) The Blood Dance. You can see that I spec heavily into frenzy charges in the passive tree. The idea here is to build frenzy charges as quickly as possible from Blood Rage and the charge on kill chance from these boots, and then gain, via the boots, life regen (to offset RF and bloodrage degens); movement speed (to make LW as quick as possible); and low life damage (because, duh).
3.) Rise of the Phoenix (for maxed fire resistance to mitigate RF burn degen)

Other than those two I'm open to suggestions. As a RF build with a low max life, I'm guessing shock/stun/freeze are going to be problematic, so gear that negates those effects is probably desirable. Maybe also an item that gives me spell block. Maybe Ephermeral Edge for lowered max life, increased global crit, and increased ES? Or if there's anything else that would synergize with the build, I'd love to hear about it.

Concerns:
Spoiler

Lack of a good single-target attack. With all the more damage bonuses I have, can I just pick a good single target spell and use it for those situations?

Shock/Freeze/Stun vulnerability. Fixable with the right gear?

Elemental Reflect.

Gear: I have some of the gear I'd use, including the shield and a redbeak, and can probably afford the boots. But I do not have a shav's, and I imagine it'll take me a long time to get one. If there's a way around using it I'd love to hear it, but I don't see it because the way I have it set up RF will be draining mainly from ES and so that's where my regen goes, but then there's nothing to offset Blood Rage (maybe life leech?). Would it be possible to make this an entirely life based build?

That's it. Any feedback/advice would be much appreciated! And please feel free to ask if you need anything clarified... I've put some thought into this build but it's obviously not crafted with a laser focus. And I know this is probably going to be far from he most effective build out there -- I just want to have fun and see if it is even remotely viable. Thanks for the help!
Last edited by nsheorey on Dec 10, 2013, 10:27:10 PM
Hmm, seeing no comments, I will go ahead and give it a shot and report back in the near future. Advice always welcome though! :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info