Zone Tells/Indicators

Copy pasting from my reddit thread to see if I can expand the list any more here. Feel free to contribute new info or point out any errors.

-I don't claim credit for any of the information. I'm just cleaning and compiling user-posted info.-

Act 1:
The Tidal Island: If you've reached high ground, Hailrake is the other way.

Mud Flats: The Rhoa nests are arranged in a triangle with water in between them. Following the water also leads you to the flooded depths.

Lower Submerged Passage: If you find the flooded depths in a race turn around, it's always a dead end. The waypoint is usually in between the Upper Submerged Passage and the Flooded Depths. The passages are usually pointing in two directions from the waypoint.
Here is an extremely simplistic way of explaining how lower submerged passage works, 99% of all times I run straight to upper, and this is my logic: http://imgur.com/SnmYqkc This is mostly true however there is a permutation of the lower submerged passage in which there is an open passage from the right of the flooded depths dead-end 'loop' which leads straight to the exit. If you run up the right side you can see it looks slightly different which can be a tell about this being the case. That being said, in a race it's still usually more efficient not to look for it as you only see this 1-2 times out of 100.

Upper Submerged Passage: Of the four corners, the entrance/exit can be in any except the lower left.

Ledge: The waypoint points to Kuduku and the exit. (It's pointed on one side, and that side leads to Kuduku/The Climb.)

Warden's Chambers: Follow the trail of blood.

Prisoner's Gate: Head to the side of the map, either left or right as soon as you enter the waypoint. Walk in that direction for some paces, if the road doesn't split into a cliff and a downside road go to the other direction and follow the road that goes downside. Note: I have come to the conclusion that 75% of the time it's on the right side of the map so that's your best bet.

The Ship Graveyard: To find the exit of the area to the Cove walk side by side to the sea.

Cavern of Wrath: Follow the ghosts that beckon you. Also if you start seeing the treasure on the ground (in both zones), you are just about at the exit.

Act 2:
Crossroads: Always the same, lain out exactly like an X. Follow the road to the WP, then follow the fork to whichever zone you need (its the same pattern you see as on the waypoint/quest screen).

Blackwood: The fastest route possible is traceable by following the red shrubbery on the forest floor. Always be in or headed to the densest concentrations of shrubbery you can see, and you get the express route to Western Forest. The only problem I've found is that the stuff doesn't spawn in Spider Zone, so if it heads into there you can get derailed a while working out which way it left. Just head away from the waypoint and you'll usually make it fine.

Western Forest/River Crossings: If you follow the main path of the zone and keep an eye on the sides of the path, there will at some point be a break at the side formed by a subtle path of little stones. The opening to that path will be marked by a little pillar on each side. Following that path leads to Alira/Tree Roots in their respective zones.
Wetlands: Find the zone's central river and follow it upward. The waypoint is always just above a small waterfall near the middle of the zone. Following the river up further always leads to Oak's camp.

Ancient Pyramid: The next set of stairs is almost always diagonally opposite. This is not true in Caverns 2.

Act 3:
Crematorium: To find Piety, you should see a pile of bodies covered with a tarp the moment you enter the room

Warehouse Sewers: The Undying Blockage is always by the waypoint.

Battlefront: The Ribbon Spool is always located straight across from the Docks entrance, i.e. in front of the force field, which is always against the SW side of the map. From the Ribbon Spool, the waypoint is always located to the upper right, leading up to Solaris. There is a ridge that runs diagonally through the center of the map. This ridge will have the ribbon spool at the bottom left of it, the WP in the middle, and Solaris at the top center-ish. The docks is off the left side of the ridge, marketplace is off the right.

Docks: There's a circular junction marking on the ground which marks the area leading to the Battlefront. It's intersected on 4 sides by the cart tracks. If you see that, you should turn back because there are no mobs there.

Ebony Barracks: Gardens exit is always before the general. For Gravicius, you should find the staircase covered in red carpet. This is good to know because you can actually draw away the mobs without triggering Gravicius himself as long as you don't get too close.

Lunaris 2: Walking down the short flight of stairs from the waypoint, there'll be a bronze statue on one side of the red carpet. The direction opposite that statue will usually, but not always, always contain a path to Lunaris 3. It won't necessarily be the quickest path to
Lunaris 3, but it will usually lead you there one way or another.

Lunaris 3: In Lunaris 3, always follow stairs upward, and check the "outside edge" of the level for the next stairs. Additionally, when you pass the last set of stairs leading up to the gate/cage area, you're always given the option of going left or right. There's a 100% tell for which direction is correct - at the top of the stairs, there will be 2 conjoined carts on one side, and a single cart on the other side. The side with the single cart is always the correct path. Similarly, in the big round room right before Piety, the stairs up to the portal will either be at the back on the left or the right. The cart in the middle while entering the room points the right way. It's angled only slightly, but it's very visible if you look closely.

The Imperial Gardens: The Sceptre of God is north-east following the main path. The Library is west following the main path.

Sceptre of God: Next set of stairs almost always diagonally opposite, except final exit and level with waypoint. (Waypoint forms something of a T-Shape with the stairs.)
Last edited by Phylaris on Dec 10, 2013, 8:07:28 PM
Nice thread but there is one that isn't correct. The ghosts in the cavern are random, I have had them beckon me into dead ends.
"
Nice thread but there is one that isn't correct. The ghosts in the cavern are random, I have had them beckon me into dead ends.

Yeah, happened to me as well.
Are you shpongled yet?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info