Chain the only support gem working with Ark, but only makes it worse.

Hello Everyone.

This is my first time making a thread.. Ever.

Its about the skill gem called " Arc " Its my favorit spell in the game, but somehow it seems sad. Allmost no of the fun support gems works with it. Not multiple projectiles nor fork, but you can achually use " Chain " it achually works!

But what chain does is making the linked skill gem chain to other targets, but when arc is a single target spell allready doing that it will achually do less dmg.
For eksample it deals 100% dmg on 3 targets = 300% dmg without Chani, but with chain it deals 50% dmg on 5 targets = 250% dmg. Therefore the support gem Chain doesnt achually do any thing good for Arc..

i know the fact that Arc aint a projectile, but to make a skill that cannot be linked with any thing fun is just devastating..

It's like the skill gem " Rain Of Arrows " It aint really a projectile, but it still benefits for projectile dmg and so on, but wont work with the support gem " Multiple projectile " because it really aint a projectile.

Well what i would like to achieve is to make atleast the one and only usable "fun support gem Chain " work with Arc.

I've been here for a long time since beta wishing for the day where a " fun support gem " would work with Arc!

Please Guys lets make this happen!

stay sexy and keep owning thank you
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
Even if arc had incremental increases in chain with gem level it would still be a pretty meh skill.
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/55266

I think Arc has one of the longest discussion threads in the skill forum. It REALLY needs development to become a decent primary skill as so many people want it to be. Unfortunately the past shows no indication that it will ever be improved upon.
GGG was making passes on older, less used/viable Skills, I think they'll definitely buff Arc once they no longer have their hands full with all of the impending Updates. Be patient. :)
IGN: Golem_Antsy, Harvest
"
Sheriff_K wrote:
once they no longer have their hands full with all of the impending Updates.

I really don't mean to be negative about Arc and stuff, but I do need to point out that

"
Our schedule of content updates looks like this. All dates are US dates:

1.0.3: December 10 (tomorrow!)
1.0.4: December 22 (moved forward by two days to avoid Christmas day in New Zealand)
1.0.5: January 7
1.0.6: January 21
1.0.7: February 4

After which they said the first content expansion will be out in March...which I'm assuming will restart the whole bi-weekly patching schedule. :)

But, perhaps Arc will make it into one of the bi-weekly patches at some point.
Suggested many times to improve the skill, i don't understand how something so obvious can continually be overlooked. I don't mind seeing this damn thing chaining 7+ times.
I am the light of the morning and the shadow on the wall, I am nothing and I am all.
"
Crackmonster wrote:
Suggested many times to improve the skill, i don't understand how something so obvious can continually be overlooked. I don't mind seeing this damn thing chaining 7+ times.

Exactly what i mean.. They should really do something about it :D

Lets cross over fingers! I guess thats all we can do :)
have anybody tried cast on crit triple arc?
<redacted>
Personal Item Filter(s):
https://www.pathofexile.com/item-filter/Rxpet8
Last edited by Censurri on Apr 13, 2021, 9:53:40 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info