A Ground Slam Marauder

I've decided that come open beta my first character will be a ground slam marauder because it's a pretty plain and easy to play build however I'm unsure whether I should go with 1H/shield or 2H.

Currently I have a 57 2H ground slam mara that is doing okay but does sometimes die on harder maps. Is it reasonable shift to a 1H mace come OB?

This is my current build - criticism here is totally welcome.
Last edited by Piggy on Jan 20, 2013, 7:26:40 AM
"
Piggy wrote:
I've decided that come open beta my first character will be a ground slam marauder because it's a pretty plain and easy to play build however I'm unsure whether I should go with 1H/shield or 2H.

Currently I have a 57 2H ground slam mara that is doing okay but does sometimes die on harder maps. Is it reasonable shift to a 1H mace come OB?

This is my current build - criticism here is totally welcome.

You need more life nodes, the cluster on below Marauder are useless except for 12% melee damage.

Always add life nodes 1st before damage nodes.

You could always add mace damage nodes down RT, beside bloodless near Blood Drinker, Bone Smasher with Fitness just above RT path & od cus the 12% melee damage at the start of Marauder.

My fixes:

You will lose quite alot of Dps with 1H unless you are going Elemental with Physical but a shield is gonna help you alot.

Here's my 1H Marauder Mace/Shield build that I might used for OBT:
Last edited by heatzz on Jan 20, 2013, 12:00:20 AM
Yeah, I did regret getting those physical nodes early on after I realised it's best just trying to get your HP up first. It's definitely something I'll consider come OB.

You've not taken the life regen nodes down by the duelist, any reason? (I've noticed other people don't go for regen either).
I'm pretty curious about the current state of a ground slam marauder. Before taking a break (waiting for OB) from PoE, I got my marauder to 74 with a GS/BM/Blood Rage build which was highly effective.

Upon returning recently, I updated my build around the new skill tree and it feels pretty underpowered and nonviable for late game.
Procurement  : The Ultimate Exile's Companion!
Forum Thread : https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/172710/page/1
Github : https://github.com/Stickymaddness/Procurement/
"
I'm pretty curious about the current state of a ground slam marauder. Before taking a break (waiting for OB) from PoE, I got my marauder to 74 with a GS/BM/Blood Rage build which was highly effective.

Upon returning recently, I updated my build around the new skill tree and it feels pretty underpowered and nonviable for late game.

Yeah, my 57, albeit imperfect GS/BM mara is faring not too greatly. It's not that he dies too much really though there is the odd incident, it's more that he just isn't as good as comparable lvl 57 players.

I think I'm going to reassess which build I go for.
"
Piggy wrote:
"

Yeah, my 57, albeit imperfect GS/BM mara is faring not too greatly. It's not that he dies too much really though there is the odd incident, it's more that he just isn't as good as comparable lvl 57 players.

I think I'm going to reassess which build I go for.

Meh, that's a bit disappointing to hear my suspicions confirmed. I'd still like to go a BM marauder, with some kind of aoe as a main attack. I'm going to have to play around with some builds!
Procurement  : The Ultimate Exile's Companion!
Forum Thread : https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/172710/page/1
Github : https://github.com/Stickymaddness/Procurement/
Melee is very much doable in end game (HC or SC). Ground Slam is still a very usable skill in end game despite the nerf that it drastically needed. Before the nerf, Ground Slam was very OP, now it's just a "good" skill. I've ran both Bowrauder and GS Marauder many times over and I can say that a Bowrauder (any ranged spec) is more safe and efficient, but equally viable in end game. Ranged vs Melee will always be this way, it's just the nature of the beast.

I will be running a GS Marauder come OB and I have no worries that it will be undoable.
Once more into the fray, Into the last good fight I'll ever know, Live and die on this day, Live and die on this day IGN: Mastodon_The_Primeval

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info