bare trap

ok im still trying to figure out this thing.

i understand spell dmg helps on tooltip but doesnt really help the dmg for real.

but what about added cold dmg??

i know it increases the mana cost but it never seems to chill or freeze.

also does str effect it?

melee dmg?

minion damge?
IGN- Isiander
Spell damage and elemental damage would both affect a Bear Trap linked with Added Cold Damage. These are percent increases though, so you won't notice a real difference on small amounts with a small base damage.

EDIT: Also, freeze only occurs on crits (unless the added cold is quality or you have certain passives) and the duration of freeze and chill are based on percent of life dealt as damage.
Last edited by Xikorut on Jan 18, 2013, 3:57:48 PM
Spell damage does not affect Bear Trap under any circumstances, to my knowledge. Elemental damage increases will. As for "Addded Cold Damage" not causing any status effects, it is a flat modifier and likely does not add enough damage to freeze/chill. You may want to consider the "Hatred" aura if you want your bear trap to freeze/chill. It adds a % of your physical damage as Cold Damage which for bear trap, will be quite a bit of cold damage. As was said before, you won't be freezing things unless it's under special circumstances.
Former player moderator, valued poster, and early-adopter responsible for The Blood Dance.

GGG has forgotten where they came from. As a result, I no longer support the deceitful, corporate Tencent slave sellouts running this game.
IGN:
Spoiler

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info