18.2% Life Regen Righteous Fire EK - [1.1.1] - Video Inside.

Introduction:
Have you ever wanted 100% fire resistance, temporarily? Have you ever wanted 800+ life regeneration per second? Have you ever wanted to melt melee attackers who get too close? This build may be for you!

The build uses Righteous Fire and Iron Will with a large amount of strength to boost the damage of Ethereal Knives. The high life and life regeneration also makes for a rather durable character, which has taken me further in maps than I have been before. The immunity to freeze and the temporary 100% fire resistance during the duration of a Ruby flask means that a good portion of the game's dangers are mitigated.

Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-oEoONV69LY

Achieving High Fire Resistance:
Using a level 20 Purity of Fire aura along with 28% increase effect of auras from the passive tree gives +5% maximum fire resistance, couple this with Elemental Adaptation (+2%), the new marauder nodes (1+1%) and Rise of the Pheonix (+8%) gives a total of 92% fire resistance, meaning that RF will only be burning for 7.2% of our maximum life (7.5% when you factor in ~200 ES).

Life Regeneration:
As RF burns for 7.5% of maximum life per second and we are able to get 11.1% life regen from the passive tree we need more. The first way of doing this is by using the Vitality aura which grants 2.1% life regen at level 20 with the increase aura effect from the tree. This leaves life regeneration at 5.7% which is enough to sustain casting EK with blood magic as well as RF, but using The Blood Dance unique boots, granting Frenzy charges on kill and an additional 1% life regen per frenzy charge. With the final build that means that an additional 5% life regen is obtained, giving 10.7% life regen over top of RF's burning damage.

Max life regen = 11.1% (passive tree) + 5% (blood dance) + 2.1% (vitality) = 18.2%

Defencive Stats (Pre 1.1.1)
*Fully buffed, 5 Frenzy, 6 Endurance and Granite Flask.

Righteous Fire's Burning Damage:
With the changes to damage over time skills added in Patch 1.0.2 it is now possible to increase the burning damage of RF without killing yourself. As such I have chosen to use a Searing Touch with RF linked to Increase Burning Damage, Empower, Faster Casting and Increased Area of Effect to boost the damage dealt to mobs unlucky enough to try and engage in melee combat.

Required / Recommended Gear:
Required:
Rise of the Pheonix enables you to obtain much higher fire resistance making RF sustainable.
Alpha's Howl allows for an additional aura to be cast on mana (total of 4).
The Blood Dance gives an addition 5% life regeneration, meaning you have 6% regen over top of the Righteous Fire, which burns for 10% of maximum health with 90% fire resistance.

Recommended:
Astramentis gives enough dexterity to allow you to cast EK and the extra strength improves the damage bonus from using the Iron Will support gem, it also gives needed intelligence for running a high level Vulnerability curse.

*Note: Astramentis is not required if you pick the +30 Dexterity node near Unwavering Stance and get ~4-14 dexterity from gear (rings/amulet/glove) and the Blood Dance (+30-40 Dexterity), allowing you to wear Alpha's Howl.

Build Keystones:
Iron Reflexes
Unwavering Stance - not in 1.1.0 update

Bandit Rewards:
Normal +40 Life from Oak
Cruel +18% Physical Damage from Oak
Merciless +1 Frenzy charge from Kraityn, to increase life regen with The Blood Dance boots.

Ethereal Knives Support Gems:
Blood Magic
Life Leech
Faster Projectiles
Faster Casting
Iron Will OR Added Fire Damage

Auras
Reduced mana gem +24% reduced mana reservation from passive tree and Alpha's Howl:
Hatred
Vitality
Purity of Fire
Purity of Elements OR Purity of Lightning OR Tempest Sheild

Support Skills
Linked with Cast when Damage Taken support gem (lvl 2):
Enduring Cry (lvl 5)
Molten Shell (lvl 8)
Raise Skeletons (lvl 8)

Final Build Attributes from the Passive Tree at level 86 Templar or level 85 Marauder:
+333 to Strength
+104 to Dexterity
+93 to Intelligence
+426.5 to maximum Mana
+978.5 to maximum Life
Evasion Rating: 308
+5 Maximum Endurance Charge
+4 Maximum Frenzy Charge
+3 Maximum Power Charge
4% Additional Elemental Resistance per Endurance Charge
4% Physical Damage Reduction per Endurance Charge
5% Attack Speed Increase per Frenzy Charge
5% Cast Speed Increase per Frenzy Charge
50% Critical Strike Chance Increase per Power Charge
20% increased Melee Physical Damage
234% increased maximum Life
11.1% of Life Regenerated per Second
40% increased Mana Regeneration Rate
12% increased Physical Damage
12% increased Radius of Auras
16% reduced Mana Reserved
28% increased effect of Auras you Cast
3% increased Effect of Buffs on You
80% increased Armour
+8% to Chaos Resistance
+4% to maximum Fire Resistance
+3% to maximum Cold Resistance
+3% to maximum Lightning Resistance
+2 to Melee Weapon and Unarmed range
15% increased Life Recovery from Flasks
+18% to all Elemental Resistances
+8% to Fire Resistance
18% increased Frenzy Charge Duration
27% increased Damage over Time
Converts all Evasion Rating to Armour. Dexterity provides no bonus to Evasion Rating

Current Gear

Pros:
High life and life regeneration.
Able to do Vulnerability, Elemental Weakness and Reflect maps while sustaining RF.
Defensive as well as offensive, RF can be switched off to have 800+ life regen.
6 Endurance charges reduce any incoming physical damage.
Immune to freeze and fire (100% fire resistance for 4 seconds with Ruby flask).
Good damage with RF: 8-10k EK with Iron Will, 7-9k with Added Fire Damage with added burn from RF.
Decent Damage without RF: 3-5k EK damage, depending on gear and skill gem level/quality.
Blood magic maps allow you to swap BM support gem with added fire.
Good fun burning people in PvP.

Cons:
Cannot use RF in 50% regen, no regen, blood magic and -max resistance maps (although still clears fast enough).
Not the greatest single target damage.

Possible Upgrades:
The build is actually better suited to Marauder, but I had a free respec for my Templar so I made it this way. Going marauder would allow you to remove the unnecessary strength nodes at the templar start area and get more %life from the ring in the centre of the tree.

Possibly use Doon Cuebiyari and Kaom's Heart for extra life and burning damage.
IGN: MrG.
Build Videos & Item Testing: www.youtube.com/user/MrGxyz/videos
Stream: https://www.twitch.tv/mr_g__
Last edited by Mr_G on Apr 19, 2014, 10:26:13 AM
Updated.

Astramentis is not required if you pick the +30 Dexterity node near Unwavering Stance and get ~10 dexterity from gear (rings/amulet/glove) and the Blood Dance (+30-40 Dexterity).
Last edited by Mr_G on Dec 6, 2013, 9:21:21 PM
Interesting build we have here.

But i think you can precise this build is better by starting with a marauder ;)

Edit: It's done in the last part of your post, sorry :p
Last edited by KikitheKing on Dec 7, 2013, 7:38:57 AM
I just made a new char, trying to play with your build.
2 questions though.

1) 60% more burn damage in the holy fire circle. isnt it worth skipping 2-3life nodes for this one? I havent done the math on it damage wise less life vs 60% more burn damage. but might be worth it?

2) atm iam sitting at -14% ms with shield and all. What about spending 3points to get to leather&steel? nice little armor and speed boost.
Last edited by kauZeyh on Dec 8, 2013, 10:02:25 AM
"
KikitheKing wrote:

Yeah, that was what I was planning to do, just forgot that the centre health node gave 12%. Thanks for the correction.

"
kauZeyh wrote:
1) 60% more burn damage in the holy fire circle. isnt it worth skipping 2-3life nodes for this one? I havent done the math on it damage wise less life vs 60% more burn damage. but might be worth it?

2) atm iam sitting at -14% ms with shield and all. What about spending 3points to get to leather&steel? nice little armor and speed boost.

A1) If you want to go for increased burning damage from the passive tree that will most likely give you more than the added life will, I prefer to go as much life as possible though and the build uses lots of points as it is already. Using a 4L Searing Touch on switch is enough to increase the burning damage by 129% with a level 20 Increased Burning Damage gem.

A2) I don't normally worry about picking up move speed from the passive tree. Using Lightning Warp is a fairly fast way to get around and having one flask like this is normally enough:
"
xMasaox wrote:

That's a solid build, Scion is definitely good for these types of builds that span the entire tree. You can only cast 3 Auras though right? You could pick up stun immunity and extra life if you really wanted them as well.

Do you find stun a problem at all? What is your max life/armour at the moment?
Here is a slightly modified Marauder build that has higher Dexterity/Intelligence from the passive tree and hopefully won't require Astramentis. You still need more int from an amulet to use leveled vulnerability and a high level wand:

You make a note in there about Searing Touch being used. How is that holding up without having Rise of the Phoenix in this build?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info