Frenzy Princess <3 ^^

Do not PM me! Ask questions in the thread so everyone can see the answer so I don't get asked the same questions over and over! thx <3

DON'T USE CHAIN WITH THIS BUILD! IT IS GARBAGE!
Almost everyone who has complained about having trouble with this build has said they use Chain.

Explanation:
- 105% - 154% increased attack speed from frenzy.
- 80% all resists. With 80% all resists, we are allowed to have twenty five times our LoH (LoH = Life on Hit) in listed damage for our main skill (50 LoH = 1250 listed damage).
- 1% life regeneration to counter DoT effects.
- 80% - 110% increased Weapon Elemental Damage
- 134% - 222% increased life.

My Current Stats:
- Level 70
- 4800 DPS on single target Frenzy
- 2800 DPS on Split Arrow
- 3300 life
- 80/80/80/-24 resistances
- 7000 armor (51% reduction)

Skill Web:
Level 49 (48+18)
Level 68 (67+20)
Level 90 (89+20)
No Pierce Level 90 (89+20)
Unwavering Stance Level 90 (89+20)

Bandit Quests:
Norml - Resistances (Kraitlyn) or Life (Oak)
Cruel - Skillpoint
Merci - Frenzy Charge (Kraitlyn)

Main Skill:
2L - Split Arrow + LGoH
3L - Split Arrow + LGoH + Weapon Elemental
4L - Split Arrow + LGoH + Weapon Elemental + Faster Attacks
5L - Frenzy + *LMP/GMP + LGoH + Weapon Elemental + Pierce/Whatever
(LMP/GMP = Lesser/Greater Multiple Projectiles)(LGoH = Life Gain on Hit)

Single Target Skill:
2L - Poison Arrow + LL
3L - Poison Arrow + LL + Weapon Elemental
4L - Frenzy + LL + Weapon Elemental + Faster Attacks
5L - Frenzy + LL + Weapon Elemental + Faster Attacks + Faster Projectiles
(LL = Life Leech)

Other Skills:
4L - Reduced Cost + Wrath + Anger + Grace
4L - Summon Skeletons + Spell Totem + Increased Duration + Minion Life

Gear Priorities:
Weapon:
- % Attack Speed
- % Weapon Elemental Damage
- Flat Physical/Elemental Damage
Quiver:
- Flat Life/Mana
- % Resistances
Chest/Head/Feet:
- +30% Movespeed (Feet only)
- Evasion
- Flat Life/Mana
- % Resistances
Hands/Rings/Amulet:
- Flat Life/Mana
- % Resistances
Belt:
- Flat Life/Mana
- % Resistances
In-Game-Name: Lezli
Last edited by Lezli on Feb 11, 2013, 11:09:22 AM
It's obvious that you have a clear idea of what you want to accomplish with this build.

However, there are several things I'd like to suggest to improve it. Like you, I plan roll a Ranger that's based on Frenzy.

- Attaining Slitherpinch gloves or Carnage Heart may be unwise until OB is several months underway.

- Instead of using Frenzy with LMP for AoE attacks, you can use Split Arrow instead. Use Frenzy on single targets to charge your attacks, then unleash Split Arrow. It saves on the need to use LMP, which is a 150% mana cost multiplier on TOP of all those other multipliers, and still loses out to Split Arrow by 2 additional arrows. (3 vs SA's 5)

- I know this build revolves on Weapon Elemental Damage, but you will be hard pressed to attain such a support for your character when OB hits as it is a highly sought-after support gem. Rangers don't receive it as a quest reward, so you should have a different sort of support in place of WED if you can't get one. (Faster Attacks, Faster Projectiles, Culling Strike, Iron Grip) The same goes for the auras and supports for the auras you want to use, Hatred and Grace are the only auras on your list that are given as quest rewards. Reduced mana, Anger, and Wrath are not and you will have to trade for them. Reduced Mana in particular will be very expensive until the game gets underway for a few months.

- Chain is a drop-only support and is also bound to be nerfed in OB, so keep that in mind. The same for Diamond flasks, those are drop-only and like Chain, there are plans to nerf it for OB.

- Consider using IceShot to supplement your cold damage. Great for in-your-face mobs and good for single targets. (using LMP will jack the mana cost too high)

- I also made some minor changes in your build. Consider this a lvl 75/80 build:
Main changes made were:
- more defense via Reflexes notable
- more crit via Throatseeker notable
- replaced Heavy Draw notable with Fury Bolts notable (less phys damage overall)
- one less Frenzy charge (up north)

Just food for thought.
For Ranger build tips, tactics, and critiques, visit this thread:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/69224
Last edited by Islidox on Jan 15, 2013, 11:28:57 AM
Interesting build. I'm new to the game, you probably noticed in the other thread :), so bear with my questions.

How do you plan to get skill and support gems after character wipe? I'm level 42 but I havent seen quite a few of gem skills and support gems you mentioned.

You listed your build in several stages, stating character level, but your lvl52 build has 64 points allocated. How is that possible? I thought characters can go up to lvl100 and you get extra 11 points from quests (hence 111 points in skill calculator).

Thanks
@Baron
I can just level a witch and a templar to the second difficulty to get most of what I need that isn't a Ranger quest reward. Currently it takes about three hours to get to Cruel, so getting almost everything I need will be done withing 12 hours.
You only get 99 skill-points from levels since you don't get one at level 1, and get between 12 and 16 from quests. Then when OB hits, it will be between 16 and 20 from quests (putting the max at 119)

@Islidox
1. I wouldn't be trading for any gear for quite a while.

2. I've done the math on Frenzy compared to Split arrow after extensive personal experience. The DPS of Frenzy+LMP is usually around double that of Split Arrow+Support (other than chain) if three or less projectiles hit. If all 5 hit, their DPS is comparable. Comparing them at gem level 16, not only does Frenzy have 30% more BASE damage, but it gets '20% increased damage' more, on top of having 60% faster attack speed. It can also get +42% attack speed from quality, where as Split Arrow can only get +20%. Having more physical damage with fewer hits also means that using mana leech to sustain the skill is much more realistic. By using Split Arrow, I would be sacrificing damage on all but the largest mob packs for absolutely no gain whatsoever.

3. Getting a templar to the Cavern of Wrath in normal takes about an hour, and would get me Weapon Elemental Damage as well as some other skill gems I need. Doing the same for a Witch gets me more of the skill gems I need.

4. Chain is a damage multiplier, but it is only ONE of the damage multipliers I use and would be using after OB. Currently, I can get to, and farm, Merciless fellshrine with Frenzy+LMP+ManaLeech+FasterAttacks without a problem.

5. Haha, Ice shot blows. After having leveled a bow user to 62 using it as its main single target skill, I can tell you that having extra damage converted to cold doesn't help in the least (trade out leech for a bit more damage if using Cold Penetration), and its extra slow is worthless against fast mobs, which are the only ones the extra slow would be needed against.

6. Did you know you can format a link like this? (switching out the brackets for the right type)
(URL=www.google.com)Whateverthelinkappearsas(/URL) = Whateverthelinkappearsas

7. The extra life is completely unnecessary. I find 10 deaths by level 53 to be completely acceptable considering 6 of them were when I faced Ruthless Vaal with 5FPS and 200 ping (the character I am currently playing as practice for this OB build). The extra evasion ends up giving me quite little damage reduction unless I'm going to be sacrificing evasion on my chest and head (by using hybrid armor for example), on top of the fact I roll my portions with the 'of Iron Skin' or the evasion equivalent. By getting Fury Bolts, I would be spending 3 points for 4% attack speed and 12% damage, meaning 1.3% attack speed and 4% damage per point since Fitness and just one (or 2 if I find I need it) Might node will give me all the strength I need for skills. That isn't worth getting in my opinion.

Thanks for the replies guys! <3
If you have any other questions, feel free to ask. My current ranger will be my... eighth(?) that I've gotten to doing maps, so I should be able to answer anything you come up with. ^^
Last edited by Lezli on Jan 19, 2013, 12:04:59 PM
@Lezli: All I made were suggestions. Take em with a grain of salt :).

I approach most of my builds for OB as being able to self-sustain without overreliance of farming characters. (I'm well aware of quest rewards for other classes that you can use to attain certain gems) After playing for months, I find myself more of a Hardcore mindset that survivability is more important than ekeing out 5000+ DPS. Attaining enough life for the beginning of the endgame will lead to less frustration and less hours wasted when leveling beyond lvl 70.

As for the AoE Frenzy, your argument is valid. However, relying on +gem quality is unwise as being able to attain than many GCPs will be difficult. As such, using the base gem stats (at whatever level) is a far more convincing argument. Also, GGG mentioned that pack mob density has been increased for OB, so keep that in mind. (It would probably mean more kiting than usual due to less crowd-control capability, but still feasible.)

Ice Shot blows, I agree. However, using it for utility wouldn't be a bad idea. Certain skills don't necessarily have to be used like a default attack. I suggested Ice Shot due to the fact that your build focuses on cold damage moreso than other ele dmg types.

As for links, I got tired of embedding them into links, and went for spoilers/url tags. Simple and effective.
For Ranger build tips, tactics, and critiques, visit this thread:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/69224
Last edited by Islidox on Jan 15, 2013, 1:48:53 PM
@Islidox
I hope I didn't offend you because I choose to address each point in depth; the response isn't just for you, but for everyone who reads it afterwards. ^^

My statement about Frenzy > Split Arrow was using the base stats. The difference gem quality makes is just icing on the cake.

The emphasis on cold damage is for crowd control. This build is indeed squishy, so the movement and attack slowing effect from cold damage is far better for this specific build than shock stacks or burning (extra damage). Since we know that chill and freeze duration are based on the amount of cold damage dealt, we do want it considerable enough to keep things crowd controlled while we move between shots. We'd also be using a Diamond flask for every rare (and magic pack if we can), so they would be frozen. The slow CC from ice shot becomes terribly redundant.

I will put a disclaimer at the top though, stating that this is not a build suited to Hardcore.
Lezli:

On your 54 chart you skip over Heartpierce for Deadly Draw? (no reason for this)

You also get Acrobatics (sets armor to zero) and Iron Reflexes (Turns evasion into armor)

Unless you've read a post saying it works with screenshots that could seriously blow up in your face and set you to no defense other than that 20% dodge

---

edits: ok yeah. . . your build is almost certain to fail:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/13797/highlight/

-
Last edited by MaximumSquid on Jan 15, 2013, 2:05:59 PM
"
MaximumSquid wrote:
Lezli:

On your 54 chart you skip over Heartpierce for Deadly Draw? (no reason for this)

You also get Acrobatics (sets armor to zero) and Iron Reflexes (Turns evasion into armor)

Unless you've read a post saying it works with screenshots that could seriously blow up in your face and set you to no defense other than that 20% dodge

---

edits: ok yeah. . . your build is almost certain to fail:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/13797/highlight/

-

LOL WAT
I think you're viewing a different skill web. XD
I don't take Acrobatics.
I do prioritize Deadly Draw over Heartpierce though because of Diamond Flasks.
Lezli:

Looks like I read the chart wrong. . . you're not taking acrobatics, but you still take Deadly Draw over Heartpiece on your level 52 chart

They are the same cost "3" and are on the same path so switch it up a little so you get a greater benefit early
Crit multiplier is so much difference from crit chance.
IGN: TsuruyaNyro

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info