Ultimate Purgatory Vanquisher [ 1.0.2 Minmaxed Optimized 1H Axe Infernal Blow Tank ]

Well I havent received a single valid argument from you anyway. Why a 120 pt build? You realise how fail that is to plan around? Also impossible because 117 is the max you can get. And your logic behind not taking RT is still flawed, you lose dps, simple as that. Its not a crit build, no point in not taking it. Every good marauder build that has nothing to do with crit takes RT.
here is same build you lost only 20dex and got +8% more hp and + 18% more phy and +20 str

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEBxthYYz38fLgpLmeb1I8ZLift892sqlnzWf7AGpBVp4QaOOw4V-J35TKJBLMUTYM473w8BZ_fi4zhc-0gRtcpT4Kbe4yezXbnpzD3vhQgUEcB55_LeA1Yr76KAdykGRv6Jd-E2WVNR35uacS41fi-p9JNwA_V7WqTtkFOKimlWNtT35uDrK-E73Tteu9gSwUtQzHS6pStZfBbr90N_MVnoId2Sn23FziWqW5sRnJsMgm18m6qSsiKr5ARguQ1kqxZiPH-j03jplcxnrnd7w7yL2ae-tJwfamVGjJRYKIA0iFXDdlhNujiYZWbZafwH7T5

and resion why you got up fire /cold /light +18% if you can get easy max resist at act3 mercil
you can spend this 3 nodes for something better

for this 3 nodes you can get 20% more armour and 20% more phy and 8% more hp
Last edited by davc1234567890 on Dec 3, 2013, 6:02:31 PM
I would do this if I were you. It still has too many points (112) but it has:
- more life: 264%, 4.4% regen
- more block: 32% chance to block
- plus 12% chaos resist
- removed some resist nodes, in the end you won't need them
- a little less damage, removed about 4 axe points

... and it is a tank

Problem with tanks is that they do nearly no DPS in end-game. Especially in party.
Oh and it's very improbable that you will ever reach 120 points. Maybe 106-109 if you're very ambitious.

Advice: When posting builds, passive trees especially, please keep them in the 95-105 points range. My highest level character has 93 points on the passive tree.
Last edited by nebunelux on Dec 4, 2013, 8:56:45 AM
Here's an optimization on your original tree (if you don't need that +30 dex node than drop it, I simply added it because I assumed you took the path for 20 dex because you needed the dex).

Changes include:

+10 dex
1 less passive point spent (119 points spent)

Also, from experience, Lava Lash really isn't worth the point. The only damage it increases is the 50% physical converted to fire and any other fire damage you have. Using my above tree you can drop Lava Lash, then spend those 2 points to get Crusader from the Templar starter area. That gives you 8% more life and 18% more physical dmg (plus 20 more strength which is MORE physical damage).

While I haven't tested the changes in-game, I know on my IB duelist I dropped Lava Lash and picked up an 18% pdamage node and gained double the DPS loss I took by dropping Lava Lash. I didn't have quite as many elemental nodes as you but base physical damage is added as cold by Hatred before any damage is converted, so it works out quite a bit higher than just Lava Lash alone.

Lava Lash is a nice point if you pass by it and have lots of fire damage, but with IB if you can get base physical damage by avoiding Lava Lash it is generally better to do so.
~IGN: Nagisan
Last edited by Nagisan on Dec 4, 2013, 9:31:28 AM
Lava Lash - 30% increased fire damage with weapons
It is exactly like Catalyze but it's 30% in 1 point. And it's additive with Catalyze.
It does exactly the same with as Increased Fire Damage but with much better efficiency. Fire Damage nodes are usually 6% or 8% and a "big" 18% at the end.
So yeah Lava Lash is pretty good.

IMO opinion it is worth it to get after you got all the physical damage nodes you can get.
It's only 1 point.

Also please do note that the first increase physical/fire/elemental damage point you take will have the best impact on your DPS. All further nodes you have decreased efficiency. If you do the math you can see this.

Details
30% increased physical damage has a bigger impact on DPS if you have 0% increase physical damage. This a 30% increased in DPS.

If you already have 200% from passives and you add 30% increase phisical damage, you have a 15% increase in DPS
"
nebunelux wrote:
I would do this if I were you. It still has too many points (112) but it has:
- more life: 264%, 4.4% regen
- more block: 32% chance to block
- plus 12% chaos resist
- removed some resist nodes, in the end you won't need them
- a little less damage, removed about 4 axe points

... and it is a tank

Problem with tanks is that they do nearly no DPS in end-game. Especially in party.
Oh and it's very improbable that you will ever reach 120 points. Maybe 106-109 if you're very ambitious.

Advice: When posting builds, passive trees especially, please keep them in the 95-105 points range. My highest level character has 93 points on the passive tree.

you forgot RT lol, and then its ironic you talk about decreased dps efficiency

no RT on no crit build = massive fail
"
jsn006 wrote:

you forgot RT lol, and then its ironic you talk about decreased dps efficiency

no RT on no crit build = massive fail

Sorry about that. I just missed it. Of course it should be there.
this is what I meant.

Though that's not the point. Read my previous post again.
The point was about life and block and generally optimizing the build.
"
nebunelux wrote:
It is exactly like Catalyze but it's 30% in 1 point.
No it's not, Catalyze increases Hatred damage as well which is increased with physical dmg increases....therefore increased physical damage increases your base physical, the converted fire (which is increased by Catalyze) AND the added cold (which is also increased by Catalyze), Lava Lash only increases the converted fire.

"
nebunelux wrote:
It does exactly the same with as Increased Fire Damage but with much better efficiency.
Not 100% accurate either with this build. Infernal Blow does AoE Fire Damage when you kill an enemy shortly after hitting it with IB. That Fire Damage is NOT done with the weapon (it is dealt from the corpse, damage equal to 25% of its base max life). The explosion damage is however increased by Increased Fire Damage Nodes, so If you had Arsonist, it would be 32% increased fire damage.

Fire Damage nodes increase the converted damage from Infernal Blow AND the explosion, so instead of doing 25% of the corpses base max health as AoE fire damage, it would do 33% of the corpses base max health as AoE fire damage (with the Arsonist node)....but I agree in saying Lava Lash is a lot more efficient in points, 1 point vs 4 points, even though it doesn't modify the explosion.

"
nebunelux wrote:
IMO opinion it is worth it to get after you got all the physical damage nodes you can get.
It's only 1 point.
With the changes I linked, the build wasn't getting all the major physical nodes it could get. I personally prefer extra physical damage before extra fire damage with Infernal Blow because it increases how much you leech which improves survivability. It also increases the unconverted physical damage and cold damage (via hatred) in addition to fire damage, as opposed to simply increasing fire damage only.

We may have to agree to disagree, I simply think the points are better spent getting raw physical damage increases which help the build more overall than simply increasing fire damage....now if you had more points to spend (without sacrificing the points in the tree I linked earlier) than yes Lava Lash would definitely be one of the next up nodes to grab since it's the only one that's one point away that would do anything major.
~IGN: Nagisan
Last edited by Nagisan on Dec 6, 2013, 9:51:27 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info