Ultimate Purgatory Vanquisher [ 1.0.2 Minmaxed Optimized 1H Axe Infernal Blow Tank ]

Greetings, mortal.

Here you will find my 1H Axe wielding Infernal Tank build. This build is my creation, while many similiar ones coexist and I've decided to share it in a guide, just out of the joy of sharing. The main point of this build is that it is minmaxed and optimized surpassing the total stats granted of many similiar builds that are viable with very cheap items, with asmuch gained for as little spent as possible and gaining most ouf of the stuff that matters.

Keep in mind that you can make alterations to the build suiting your needs and itemization. It's not easily broken. The same as before applies to the size of this guide: I will keep it as short as possible without trying to leave anything vital out.

Player History: I've played since the end of closed beta, and fiddled with around 8 endgame characters and countless lower ones. In Diablo2, I was #1 in the European HC Ladder in Season 2 ( briefly, before getting owned by a reflect Oblivion Knight or something. ) Other similiar games I've played include Diablo, Diablo Hellfire, Diablo 3, Titan Quest, Torchlight and Torchlight 2.

Passive Skill Tree:

Key Summary:

Spoiler

Life:
+130 to maximum Life
+171 to maximum Life (from Strength)
236% increased maximum Life
1.5% of Life Regenerated per Second
2% of Physical Attack Damage Leeched as Life

Mana Regen:
40% increased Mana Regeneration Rate

Defense:
105% increased Armour
64% increased Evasion Rating and Armour
Converts all Evasion Rating to Armour.
Ignore all Movement Penalties from Armour
+50 to maximum Evasion Rating
28.8% increased Evasion Rating
12% of Block Chance applied to Spells

Resistance:
+86% to all Elemental Resistances
+2% to maximum Cold Resistance
+2% to maximum Fire Resistance
+2% to maximum Lightning Resistance

Damage:
8% increased Area Damage
41% increased Elemental Damage
40% increased Elemental Damage with Weapons
30% increased Fire Damage with Weapons
23% increased Melee Physical Damage
68.4% increased Melee Physical Damage (from Strength)
12% increased Physical Damage
100% increased Physical Damage with Axes
52% increased Physical Damage with One Handed Melee Weapons

Total Passive Physical: 255,4%
Total Passive Fire: 111%

Attack:

33% increased Attack Speed
7% increased Attack Speed with Axes
6% increased Attack Speed with One Handed Melee Weapons
+288 to Accuracy Rating
36% increased Accuracy Rating with Axes

Total Passive Attack Speed: 46%

Misc:
+2 to Melee Weapon and Unarmed range
14% additional Chance to Block with Shields
55% increased Defences from equipped Shield
2% increased Movement Speed
20% increased Radius of Area Skills
Cannot be Stunned

PROS:

-Cheap, doesn't necessarily require uniques at all
-Easy and enjoyable to play, balls to the wall style
-Great AOE damage
-Mapping viable
-When itemized correctly can use 1 or even 2 Auras
-Lots of options for itemization while progressing
-The manliness emanating from the build alone might cause females to chase you around

Cons:

-Requires very spesific gearing
-Poor singletarget damage
-Extremely manahungry when IB is 5 or 6 linked, requires regen and leech
-The manliness emanating from the build alone might cause females to chase you around

This build, as many of the similiar ones is 100% viable for mapping. I started clearing lvl66 maps at lvl58 ( albeit due to having 2 similiar characters before I knew how to itemize beforehand. )

Optimal stats, itemization, advice:

Spoiler

Optimal general stats:

-High armor/evasion
-High +Life
-Elemental Resists
-Mana Regen/Leech
-Life Regen/Leech
-Fire Damage
-Physical Damage
-Shield Block

Expensive, not necessary supreme items to go with the build:

-Dyadus, Infernal Axe
-Aegis Aurora, Champion Kite Shield
-Rainbowstride, Conjurer Boots
-6L Astral Plate with +Health, Triple Resists and High Armor

My current crap items, with build totaling 2.4k Life, 75% Eleresists, 5,6k Armor, 40% Block, 3.2k tooltip DPS and infinite mana so I can use any Aura:

Character level at the time of posting: 61. Gems might or might not be in place as I have tons of 4L items and switch them around when leveling and often for the lulz, see skills -section instead for setup.

Bandits:

Help Oak at all difficulties.

Skills:
Spoiler

4L: Immortal Call - Summon Skeletons - Enduring Cry - Cast On Damage Taken
Cuts off spiky damage and occasionally saves your life.

4L: Double Strike - Life Gain On Hit/Life Leech - Faster Attacks - Melee Physical Damage
Your singletarget attack, you can also use Heavy Strike.

4L: Reduced Mana - Clarity - Hatred - Enfeeble
Can use either Aura, if itemized well both. Curse mobs.

6L: Infernal Blow - Multistrike - Faster Attacks - Melee Physical Damage - Melee Splash - Weapon Elemental Damage
Your main attack. Faster Attacks makes it super manahungry: be prepared with items.

2L: Leap Slam - Faster Attacks
Mobility, escape.

That leaves 1 socket and one 3L if I'm not mistaken, fiddle with those as you like.

FAQ:
Spoiler

Why not Resolute Technique?
It is simply not required and the points can be used better elsewhere. Your chance to miss is abysmal and nigh meaningless seeing how you will be having ridicilous attackspeed and exploding mobs that have nothing to do with your chance to hit, being your main source of damage.

Why some of the odd picks in the health nodes?
Acquiring as many 12% or more nodes with as little points spent as possible.

The build is giving me too much elemental resists with my gear, oh god what WILL I DO!?!?
Leave unneeded nodes unpicked or free yourself to use items that give other beneficial stats than resists.

Why axes?
Easy to obtain keystones with minimal points spent, granting big damage increases and reasonable attackspeed/damage ratio.

I hope you enjoy.
Last edited by Minorith on Dec 3, 2013, 7:26:14 AM
Reserved.
2400 life

No RT

So much physical nodes but no MPD gem

So much accuracy nodes and no crit / crit multi

Is that really a 120 pt tree?

seems like you just threw together a build in a spastic fit and decided to give it a cool name and share for the lulz

Too funny ^^
Last edited by mvm199 on Dec 3, 2013, 5:14:58 AM
"
mvm199 wrote:
2400 life

Grants more life than most similiar builds ( build comparison tool can be found here: http://pstree.tk/ ) my current items hardly have anything to do with the build itself. Can't argue with calculators or logic, sorry.

"
mvm199 wrote:

No RT

Explained in the FAQ section with a factually correct answer.

"
mvm199 wrote:

So much physical nodes but no MPD gem

Physical damage gets converted into firedamage, more physical = more fire. Also, what would you replace from the 5-6L main attack with Melee Physical? Yeah, nothing, if you'd want the best performance. Physical damage also helps a LOT against mobs that resist elemental damage or Fire damage, as this build can't switch to Glacial Hammer ( with equal results atleast. )

"
mvm199 wrote:

So much accuracy nodes and no crit / crit multi

Not required, just like RT isn't.

"
mvm199 wrote:

seems like you just threw together a build in a spastic fit and decided to give it a cool name and share for the lulz

Seems like you just skimmed trough the build in a spastic fit and decided not to have any understanding of the game mechanics nor give it any actual thought, just saying stuff out of pure spite.

Thanks for your response.
Last edited by Minorith on Dec 3, 2013, 6:16:17 AM
If you have no crit scaling, you might as well RT ... every hit is important, if you have 7 aps and 80% chance to hit thats 2 attacks every second out. You cant generate explosions if you miss, and if you hit more = you kill quicker, so the rate of explosions and hence kill speed goes up. Basics.

120 point build? Are you gonna make it to 100 with 2500 hp? And take no bandit quests? No one plans a 120 pt build, not even the no life streamers.

Just 14% block from the tree? Why even bother?

Grants more life than most similiar builds --> I dont think I have seen an infernal blow build, or heck, anything called a 'tank', with less than 4k hp. Have you even tried mapping with this yet?

Not required, just like RT isn't. --> You are not making any sense now. RT or crit?

This build seems a mess.
"
mvm199 wrote:
If you have no crit scaling, you might as well RT ... every hit is important, if you have 7 aps and 80% chance to hit thats 2 attacks every second out. You cant generate explosions if you miss, and if you hit more = you kill quicker, so the rate of explosions and hence kill speed goes up. Basics.

However not required, as stated before. This build also offers more elemental damage than most similiar ones as the Templar keystones are often left off. There is more than enough damage. Points spent better elsewhere, as noted before. Excess DPS isn't useful when you can already clear maps with more than enough speed.

"
mvm199 wrote:
120 point build? Are you gonna make it to 100 with 2500 hp? And take no bandit quests?

The build grants more life than most, my current items do not. Can't explain it any clearer than that. You're in essence asking me if I'm going to play with the same items forever. You probably know the answer to that.

"
mvm199 wrote:

Just 14% block from the tree? Why even bother?

More isn't needed especially if you get a good shield with 30% block, go try it out yourself.

"
mvm199 wrote:

Grants more life than most similiar builds --> I dont think I have seen an infernal blow build, or heck, anything called a 'tank', with less than 4k hp. Have you even tried mapping with this yet?

I guess you're thick in the head. Build grants more hp than most, again. Current items don't, hence my 2,5k HP on my now lvl61 character ( which still has many life nodes ahead of him to take from the build, which you didn't think about I guess. ) Use PoE builder and tree comparison tool, equip the build with items you'd imagine an endgame tank having and behold, 4-5k HP. I don't even know why you're talking about this when it obviously has more life than some of the other mainstay builds I've compared it with, using a calculator ( which probably knows better than you, which I also linked for you to use and see for yourself. )

"
mvm199 wrote:
Not required, just like RT isn't. --> You are not making any sense now. RT or crit?

This build seems a mess.

Neither is required, as I plain clearly stated before. If you think either of them is an absolute must, its your logic that is a mess. If you can perform, and perform well, without either, wasting points there is exactly that, a waste.

I'm clearing maps as we speak without any issues even with my current gear. Obviously you seem rigidly stuck in the "must-do" -bandwagon sheep style of thinking ( must either crit or RT for example, sorry, nope. If you have maximum ELE resits from gear even for maps that punish resistances, by all means, take RT and leave a resist or two out. Excess -anything- is waste. )

And to further clarify mapping and endgame, I've had 2 Infernal Blow tanks before this one, and I've cleared maps with them easily, and this build tops both my previous ones. I speak from experience, this isn't experimental.

Anyway, you're obviously trolling or just having a god knows what agenda. Thanks for your concern but the build is fine. I hope you read the reply thoroughly so you won't be repeating yourself in your next possible reply, as everything has been answered. Good point about the bandits, forgot those while I made the guide last night, added.
Last edited by Minorith on Dec 3, 2013, 6:49:33 AM
Keep saying a 120 pt build is ok (when you say help oak all 3 times ... make sense much?!) or that RT isnt necessary ... you lose out lots of effective dps without RT. Its *not* a crit build, NOT choosing RT is the worst decision you could take. Anyone with experience with melee knows this as a basic fact ... gospel truth ... not going crit? take RT without questions, the effective dps loss isnt worth it.

It doesnt grant more hp than most builds, most builds have 270%++ hp, you have 230% ... and with a 120 pt tree! lol

With a mix of half / decent and mediocre gear, after the 1.0 life buff, I can break 3-4k hp in merciless without a sweat. lolbad

Block is all or nothing in this game ... you either max it or you stick with what your shield gives you. Wasting a few points and not maxing it or getting close to the cap (65 ish) is just that, a waste of points, which you seem to love.

I wonder what maps you are clearing with a 61 lvl marauder who isnt on the ladder, with no RT when there is absolutely no reason not to take it, and that ridiculously terribad hp. You probably arent even in late act 3 yet.
Last edited by mvm199 on Dec 3, 2013, 6:34:42 AM
"
mvm199 wrote:
Keep saying a 120 pt build is ok (when you say help oak all 3 times ... make sense much?!) or that RT isnt necessary ... you lose out lots of effective dps without RT. Its *not* a crit build, NOT choosing RT is the worst decision you could take. Anyone with experience with melee knows this as a basic fact ... gospel truth ... not going crit? take RT without questions, the effective dps loss isnt worth it.

It doesnt grant more hp than most builds, most builds have 270%++ hp, you have 230% ... and with a 120 pt tree! lol

With a mix of half / decent and mediocre gear, after the 1.0 life buff, I can break 3-4k hp in merciless without a sweat. lolbad

Block is all or nothing in this game ... you either max it or you stick with what your shield gives you. Wasting a few points and not maxing it or getting close to the cap (65 ish) is just that, a waste of points, which you seem to love.

I wonder what maps you are clearing with a 61 lvl marauder who isnt on the ladder, with no RT when there is absolutely no reason not to take it, and that ridiculously terribad hp. You probably arent even in late act 3 yet.

I checked 2 mainstay builds against mine regarding life, they both granted 20% less than mine and less +life aswell. Stop making stuff up and just get something else to do.

You're also wrong regarding block, it's not all or nothing at all. Never is, never has been. It's all about optimization and best overall performance.

Here's a screenshot I took just for you, around 3 minutes before posting this:
http://img13.imageshack.us/img13/8018/gqje.jpg

You have now been proven to be wrong on all accounts regarding your spiteful claims. Just stop making a fool of yourself even more ( or continue by all means, whatever waters your flower ) and find something better to do. Build is fine, it works, it's highly viable for endgame and will continue to be so until the end of time no matter what you spew up next. Have fun accepting that. Done with you.
Last edited by Minorith on Dec 3, 2013, 7:16:31 AM
That screenshot could be anyone. Your build feels so powerful you had to run a white 66 map because even a random mod scares you.

Why insisting on 120 point build? Dont you get it? Few ppl can get so high lvl and you should plan ~100 pts most. So depending on what you prioritise, that would probably be even less hp.

What builds did you look up? Anything less than 280% hp is just bad imo.

Last i ripped on nemesis from desync, I had 1500 hp end of normal ... just 2xxx hp at merciless starting maps is bad. You will die, die, die.

Btw, you had to stop replying to me 2 posts ago.

"
mvm199 wrote:
That screenshot could be anyone.

You're unbelievable, I'm starting to feel sorry for you. Feel free to add Hatchetter ingame and put a spyglass at where it says my characters location. Remember to verify the pixels. I like the way you keep making up new excuses continously, just shows how cornered and desperate you are, probably realizing how wrong you have been and continue to be. And yes, I was supposed to ignore you. Note I said many times in the guide you can fiddle with the points: Taking RT is not off my purse if you wish to do so.

This was supposed to be a PM but I misclicked, so let's not count that. Now you can truly have your desperate monologue that to me radiates some personal issues if I'm being honest... I wish you a great day anyway and thanks for noting the bandit rewards.
Last edited by Minorith on Dec 3, 2013, 7:21:23 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info