[Build] A Versatile Marauder

all constructive feedback is welcome.

I have been trying out a Marauder spec with the purpose of being as versatile as possible. So far (level 45) its going great! The general idea is to be really tanky, and being able to use whatever weapon and skill gem I find. Kind of like a first character when you are not really sure what you want to do, a character to try out most things with. Also quite safe from nerfs, unless GGG decides to nerf any of the key nodes.

Here is what I prioritize:
- Get key nodes (see below)
- Traverse strength nodes when possible
- Get HP% and regen nodes
- Get +30 attribute nodes
- Get Resist nodes
- Get all the "too good to miss" nodes if close enough.

This is the minimum points tree which you can get at about level 30:
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEBGS4n7TJ-Nug6UjwtUFBUSVhjWK9fP26qcql4DXq4fNmMz6lurKquk7Xytz653cT2xq7G2NSP37_nUu8O9kg=

It has 3 corner stone nodes which makes it very versatile together with the Iron Will support gem.

Resolute Technique:
You don't have to worry about Accuracy Rating.

Blood Magic:
You don't have to worry about mana.

Iron Grip:
Projectile Attacks benefit from strength (You can now use bows if you so wish, wands?)

From here, there is a lot of possibilities, I am currently working towards something like this (92p):

Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEBAnEEswUtEuEUTRkuGlUc5yDwJIsn1SftLdIyCTJ-Nug6UjrYOuE8LT0PROdGaU3YTeNQUFRJVgRXDVhjWK9fP2BLYSFhUmSjaHRqHmo7bPZuqnKpdO14DXq4eu98u3zZffWC5ITvhmCHKYjxiq-MdozPkBGRzpSgn8uiAKZXqBipbqxZrKquk7Xytz653bvtxBXEWMT2xYrGrsbY2E3ZYdpi37_nUudj7w7wH_Iv8kXz3fZI_gr-jw==

- 6(!) endurance charges. (30% physical and 30% resist, If you party a lot, perhaps look into Conduite to share charges with party members.)
- 6,4% regen (7,6% with 6 charges up)
- +73% all resist, 103% with 6 charges. (you will have 43% to all resist in Merciless with 6 charges)

Problems:
1. Dex and Int too low to use Wands and Bows.
2. Gear with Evasion is useless. (that's not very versatile)
3. Damage output too low at higher difficulties?

Possible solution:
1. Work around with gear (sucks)
2a. Get Iron Reflexes node to make items with evasion viable, this would also help getting your dex up for using bows. But where do we scale down?
2b. Skip Unwavering Stance
3. Get a better weapon / Try a different approach with skill/item-setup.

Current status:
Level 45
Str: 345
Dex: 82
Int: 91
Ruthless Act 2

Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEABS0S4RkuGlUn7TJ-Nug6UjwtTeNQUFRJWGNYr18_YEthIWSjbPZuqnKpdO14DXq4eu982YLkhO-HKYqvjM-UoKlurFmsqq6TtfK3PrndxPbGrsbY1I_aYt-_51LvDvIv9kj-Cv6P

Gems
Lightning Strike / Fork / Life Gain On Hit
Spell Totem / Fireball / Fire Penetration / Iron Will
Enduring Cry
Warlord's Mark

Warlord's Mark -> Totem -> Run In -> Enduring Cry -> Spam Lightning Strike
compare
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEBAdwB5wJxBLMFLQ6tEuEUIBRNFFIY2xkuGjgb-iFgJd8n1SftKLUpLimlLdIyCTboOlI62D38QKBDnEd-TdhQR1BQVElVqVYEVw1YY1nzXz9gS2CIYSFhUmVNcql07XTxeu982YFvhNmE74ZgjAaMdozPkFWRzpe0njyeuZ7Nn8uiAKQZpKynMKeEqWirxayqrLq53bvtwBrEWMbY0iHUj9lh37_i6udS7DjvDu9O8B_yL_Pd9kj3vg==

to your ur 92p build
@osyrhc
"
chryso wrote:
compare
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEBAdwB5wJxBLMFLQ6tEuEUIBRNFFIY2xkuGjgb-iFgJd8n1SftKLUpLimlLdIyCTboOlI62D38QKBDnEd-TdhQR1BQVElVqVYEVw1YY1nzXz9gS2CIYSFhUmVNcql07XTxeu982YFvhNmE74ZgjAaMdozPkFWRzpe0njyeuZ7Nn8uiAKQZpKynMKeEqWirxayqrLq53bvtwBrEWMbY0iHUj9lh37_i6udS7DjvDu9O8B_yL_Pd9kj3vg==

to your ur 92p build

ok, I did, what are you suggesting? :)
Marauder is a class I haven't played yet... but I am saving that until the open beta.

Is blood magic considered a marauder essential?
"
seg_fault wrote:
Marauder is a class I haven't played yet... but I am saving that until the open beta.

I don't think any node is essential to any specific class, but a node could very possibly be essential to a specific build. If you build a Marauder that spam skills, have little mana and good hp regen (and possibly even life on hit/life leech), then I would dare to say that Blood magic is indeed quite essential. On the other hand, if you build anything that stacks auras, Blood Magic is a bad idea. So you would need to get you mana and regen from lets say the clarity aura and/or nodes. There is also the possibility that you find a build that does not use mana that much, so Blood Magic would not be necessary in this scenario.
"
seg_fault wrote:

Well let's just say that once you've played a Blood Magic Marauder, you don't want to try a normal one.
@sommarlov, @snawfu

Thanks guys, I think that I will look at it too when I roll a new char in OB, I think I will get to the node but wait till I have the correct gear/gems then take it.
Blood magic is almost a must have - not worrying about mana and with all the hp nodes you'll get anyways is beyond worth it - to me the node That turns all ev to armor is always a must too , now you don't worry abt armor or mana and can concentrate on fewer needed mods
Plus when you take that route to get those theirs tons of awesome armor/hp/ATk speed/damage nodes all about
I don't really like resolute technique I manage to get abt 80+ % to hit anyways and Frits are nice
Starting at maurader I'd follow the route that takes u though the hp/regen/resist nodes then work down
Blood magic is almost a must have - not worrying about mana and with all the hp nodes you'll get anyways is beyond worth it - to me the node That turns all ev to armor is always a must too , now you don't worry abt armor or mana and can concentrate on fewer needed mods
Plus when you take that route to get those theirs tons of awesome armor/hp/ATk speed/damage nodes all about
I don't really like resolute technique I manage to get abt 80+ % to hit anyways and Frits are nice
Starting at maurader I'd follow the route that takes u though the hp/regen/resist nodes then work down

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info