[1.0.5]Freeze! Trap Build & one of best party builds with video (farm 73maps)

"
furrylobster wrote:
How feasible, if at all, would it be to do a similar build that is HP focused. Not everyone can afford the Shav's. I'm assuming Chaos Damage maps would be a problem since you couldn't get a ton of HP nodes, but what do you think? Thanks :)

Life build is still viable, but i thought scion is the better class.
100 points scion with life build: http://goo.gl/hnswW3

This build can run chaos map, because i picked Zealot's Oath and owned 3.65% ~ 4.85% ES regren per second.
Completed all challenges in OB and shared my experience. thread/464722
ST Crit Dagger/Discharge build: thread/570185
Freeze! trap build & one of the best party builds: thread/669129
Low life EK scion/MF/block: thread/684037
CI Flameblast/Infernal Mantle Burning Witch: thread/721079
"
JNMeiun wrote:
was actually respecing toward a frost trap build from a build that used lightning warp and in the deerstalkers as its main skill instead.

was really good just got really bored, is there any chance that lightning warp would work better than shock nova here? remember each lw trap can potentially hit twice aoe for a total of 6 hits per throw. remember, you lose +3% per quality shock duration but you gain much more than 1.5% shock chance and damage.

The main function of the shock nova is making all enemies 3 shock effects quickly.(Usually only need a trap) If you have read my sixth point at first post, you knew critical strike are rolled on per-action basis and chance to shock or freeze are rolled on per monsters. The area of lighting warp is also smaller than shock nova. Even if lighting warp could do double damage, it never was the better than shock nova.
About damage, lets compare with the two rotations.

1.lighting warp/cold snap/fire trap
Total damage is [lighting warp]x6 + [cold snap]x3 + [fire trap]x3

2.Shock nova/cold snap/fire trap
Total damage is [shock nova]x3 + [cold snap]x3x1.9 + [fire trap]x3x1.9

Shock nova still win. :)
Last edited by miraio on Dec 13, 2013, 10:25:14 AM
Hi, I'd like to say that this build is very nice, using it atm lvl 65 (as a CI), fully satisfied !

I just can't get how you manage to play with auras on your life, can you explain it ?

Thanks dude, keep updating this nice build :)
Interesting build I must say. But not sure how this build can handle end-game 76-78 maps when you are already struggling to survive in 73 maps (as shown in video) with pretty decent gear.
IGN: Asharin
~[1.0.5] 9K ES CI+VP+AA CoC EK-Discharger~ www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/730607
~Top 5 Builds in Standard/Domination~ www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/599443
"
Qalhys wrote:
Hi, I'd like to say that this build is very nice, using it atm lvl 65 (as a CI), fully satisfied !

I just can't get how you manage to play with auras on your life, can you explain it ?

Thanks dude, keep updating this nice build :)

I equipped malachai's simula to cast vitality and discipline and then equipped my helmet to cast clarity.
"
Wishinan wrote:
Interesting build I must say. But not sure how this build can handle end-game 76-78 maps when you are already struggling to survive in 73 maps (as shown in video) with pretty decent gear.

My fixed map group usually just runs 76-78 maps. I could freeze the most monsters even if i run 77 or 78 maps. I had opened my livestream to share this build few days ago and i equipped the same gears.(http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/675603)
My party members loved me very much! :)
It's no problem to run high level maps with this build.
Last edited by miraio on Dec 14, 2013, 6:35:48 AM
"
miraio wrote:
"
Wishinan wrote:

My fixed map group usually just runs 76-78 maps. I could freeze the most monsters even if i run 77 or 78 maps. I had opened my livestream to share this build few days ago and i equipped the same gears.(http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/675603)

Ye, I'm referring to you soloing end-game maps. Any player could be carried by a 5-man group, I'm sure you agree with me on that.
~[1.0.5] 9K ES CI+VP+AA CoC EK-Discharger~ www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/730607
~Top 5 Builds in Standard/Domination~ www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/599443
"
Wishinan wrote:
"
miraio wrote:
"
Wishinan wrote:

Ye, I'm referring to you soloing end-game maps. Any player could be carried by a 5-man group, I'm sure you agree with me on that.

Actually, you are carrying your group! You make enemies take 90% more damage by one trap and then freeze the most enemies by next trap. "Enemies take 90% more damage" means their life become 52.6%.(100%/190%) "Freeze the most enemies" means your party members don't take any damage from frozen enemies. Third, you can still do pretty good damage. You deal with over 50% enemies life and help your group reduce much damage taken.

I must say it again: You are carrying your group with this buid!
Last edited by miraio on Dec 14, 2013, 1:28:09 PM
"
miraio wrote:

Actually, you are carrying your group! You make enemies take 90% more damage by one trap and then freeze the most enemies by next trap. "Enemies take 90% more damage" means their life become 52.6%.(100%/190%) "Freeze the most enemies" means your party members don't take any damage from frozen enemies. Third, you can still do pretty good damage. You deal with over 50% enemies life and help your group reduce much damage taken.

I must say it again: You are carrying your group with this buid!

I'm still referring to you soloing end-game maps, not in a party. Maybe you've misunderstood me.
could you post the gear for this setup?

I am assuming you need

deerstalker
sunblast belt

is there anything else?

I am currently going for this build and im at around lvl 50. Its pretty fun so far. Thanks!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info