Merciless act 2 town instancing problem (ghost town)

I've noticed recently that the game seems to create a new town instance when I go to act 2 town in merciless, instead of joining already existing instances with other players in them.

Looking manually at available instances, I see a long list of act 2 towns with only 1 player in them, so it seems I'm not the only one. It doesn't seem to happen in other difficulties.

Last edited by Thalandor on Jan 13, 2013, 1:44:36 PM
I have seen the same behavior with Lioneye's Wtach in Normal: When I go there (be it from Twilight Strand, WP or Portal), sometimes I'm the onyl player there. I've also noted that "list instances" by doing a ctrl-click on the town entrance in Terraces. When I go to another area for some tima and then return to the town, it's full of players again.
Another problem that encountered and that's possibly related: I partied with one of teh gyus on my friend list to trade, and we both went to Lioneye's Watch. We ended up in different instances of it. However, I could still access his portal. We had to do the trade in Terraces where we both showed up in the same isnatnce.
A sword he brought, his foes to maim and rend,
from places dark behind forbidden doors,
But night by night he woke with frighten'd roars
from darkest dreams, too strange to comprehend.
(Anonymous)
I had the exact same problem. I find I am quite confused on how exactly instances worked? I thought towns would be a massive instance for everybody?

How do I join a friends instance? Or find them?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info