1H + Shield / Reave / Arctic Armour very defensive build

Hi!

so i recently tried an EK/Arctic Armour Scion and i like how easy the merciless act 3 was and some easy maps so far

so i wanted to try something similar with 1h reave + shield

Skills & Auras
Spoiler
clarity - hatred - reduced mana

arctic armor

reave - added fire dmg - life leach - ? - ? (faster attacks ? concentraded effect ? increased area of effect?)

Skill Tree
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgAACGeTOr0nGDz56L689MZFCjXWMZ6C5JARiq9KyLM_T1Ye3zsoA5ZuPWBDgwlvnspKGYaS86xHwzpWLax_m7UZivsJ9toaj26qtfKpbmxGcmwyCXgNvooB3KQZG_ol34TZbmm-p8S41fhlTUd-q8W9gZkrWNtT36yv55HDhpuDhO907XrvYEsFLUCgnrnvTii1YIi_1USesHPstvH0U7tVqZe0rLohYHTxhTLSTcAPTioppTWSrFmI8Vuv3Q38xWegGNuHdkp9qwtyw8wG0TYJMxc-FI5TNW1stUixs-1Bpn-H22HibXtVSyaVjDamV03j

the last points i would go for are the ones in the shadow starting zone

i would love some feedback if this build looks good

Main questions

1.will i have enough dmg ?
2.will i have enough life ?
3.did i pick too much Armour/Evasion ?
4.is it even possible (enough mana without eldritch battery) with this build to go 2 auras (clarity/hatred) + arctic armor ?

ITEM Suggestions are very welcome mainly 1h weapon and Shield

Note : Im currently just a standard league Player, don't have much resources, therefor there is no specialization Claws/Swords/Daggers in this build, as i don't have the funds or the items i like to use as my dream gear for this build and don't want to get stuck on one specific one, i just use the one i will have

sorry if the english is bad
Last edited by exaven on Dec 1, 2013, 3:06:00 PM
bump
if you have soul taker and aegis aurora, i would suggest this build

edit: sorry i didnt see you have only limited resources, but anyway the build is the same
unless you want to use other weapons
i have a ranger with 1H sword+shield, the build is quite similar, except i start at ranger starting area
at first you dont want to spec into one specific weapon, so you can grab all the general 1H melee physical weapon damage nodes first

if you decide to use shield it is only natural that you should try to max your block chance

Last edited by laburnum on Dec 2, 2013, 1:08:03 PM
um you cant use Reave with an Axe

and isn't aegis aurora more useful for an elemental build ?
Last edited by exaven on Dec 3, 2013, 12:50:15 AM
"
exaven wrote:
um you cant use Reave with an Axe

and isn't aegis aurora more useful for an elemental build ?

you can use double strike+melee splash, the effect is similar to reave, only better

aegis aurora is so good because of restoring ES everytime you block
you also will be using added fire and hatred aura

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info