Racing and Brutus

The Brutus fight in every race style he is in has tons of desync, Decent Champs and Turbo are the worst. Its very annoying to know I'm either going to die or have to run around for a few mins letting my health regen just because of this desync.

Maybe for the races replacing Brutus with a differnt boos that doesn't revolve around a 1-2 hit KO would help.
Brutus is really the only boss that regularly desyncs even outside of turbo races. It's really not a huge deal for me because I mainly play ranger and spectral throw is like "U WOT M8".

But I can see how this leaves a really bad impression, especially with newer players. How PoE ever hopes to get rid of that "desync-stigma" when the very first boss fight is a pure desync-fest to most players is actually a mystery to me.

It's as though GGG have accepted desync as part of the game and expect their player base to do exactly the same.

It's not just Brutus by the way, I've recently made a thread about doorways which are very "desyncy". Also snakes in vaal ruins are just desync mobs, I don't think I've ever seen them not desync (again, not a huge deal, but I can understand how most player's experiences are somewhat tainted by the negative desync-experience that can in most cases be tied to very few specific monster types and FUCKING doorways.)

edit: Also, why does Vaal have legs when he is not supposed to walk around. I swear in the past few races where I killed Vaal he always desynced and started walking around... why can he even do this... none of his attacks necessitate legs and yet... he can walk. Blows my mind, honestly.

You don't give a wheelchair-bound guy Jordan's for christmas. Think about it.
#1 Victim of Murphy's Law.
Last edited by SlixSC on Nov 30, 2013, 10:28:14 PM
After a lot of practice, I've learned to fight Brutus without ever really desyncing in a way I don't understand or expect, so it's pretty easy to deal with now.

Seriously, though, FUCK doorways. I still can't get that shit right even after a year of practice.
Face it, all of your suggestions are worse than this idea:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/657756

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info