Pre-Release Alpha Changes - A Krippendium

Kripp is streaming Alpha now, yay! http://www.twitch.tv/nl_kripp

Use this thread to post changes as you see them on the stream.

All changes observed on Kripp's stream/listed in this thread are unofficial and subject to change by Open Beta release.

---

[UNOFFICIAL] Alpha Patch Notes:

Changes in bold were recently added to the list.

-Clarity mana regeneration nerfed by ~20%.

-Puncture buffed (?)

-*new* Prismatic Ring, ring type with 8%-12% all resist.

-Phase Run removed.

-*new* Quicksilver Flask, grants 40% increased movespeed for 5 seconds.

-Spark projectiles less effective in tight corridors. Projectiles that have bounced off walls can't hit the same target for a short period (?)

-Shock Nova mana cost reduced.

-Lightning Arrow now starts at level 10 (up from level 1). Additional Enemies Hit now 2 at all levels. Small damage increase (?)

-Additional Totem node is now a Keystone, taking it prevents you from doing any character damage. Minions, traps, and curses still work.

-Chaos Inoculation no longer makes you immune to chaos damage. It now lets chaos damage affect ES rather than go straight to your life. The old "+50% more ES" bonus has been split into 5 nodes which add up to slightly less ES overall.

-*new* Energy Shield Keystone (name?). Regeneration effects now affect your energy shield instead of your life. (near Elemental Equilibrium on passive tree)

-Whirling Blades now 80% damage effectiveness (up from 60%).

-Spell Totem now 50% less damage (from 40%) and 50% less cast speed (from 0%).

-Punishment curse back and reworked. It used to reflect damage back to attacker, new mechanics unknown.

-Alchemy Orbs can be purchased at the Vendor for 2 Orbs of Scouring

-New cruel bandit rewards. Choices are +4% Cast Speed, +4% Attack Speed, or +12% Physical Damage

-Chain now 50% less damage (from 40%) and chains +2 times (from +3).

-Additional Accuracy buffed significantly (bonus accuracy more than doubled).

-...[Change you observed on Kripp's Stream here!]
Last edited by Foreverhappychan on Jan 13, 2013, 5:36:53 PM
Qarl wanted us alpha guys to make one thing clear, EVERYTHING Kripp streams is subject to change so just because he shows it today doesn't mean it's written in stone.
Finished 17th in Rampage - Peaked at 11th
Finished 18th in Torment/Bloodline 1mo Race - peaked at 9th
Null's Inclination Build 2.1.0 - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1559063
Summon Skeleton 1.3 - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1219856
"
Moosifer wrote:
Qarl wanted us alpha guys to make one thing clear, EVERYTHING Kripp streams is subject to change so just because he shows it today doesn't mean it's written in stone.

Indeed, there's been many changes to some skills/spells/nodes during the current alpha and some of them were altered more than once or twice. Alpha is an experimenting ground so nothing in it is sure.

They depend largely on the feedback we give them, both written and contextual. They are also doing their own testing on their side and data analysis.

All that to say to not expect things to be identical to the current alpha build at OB.

edit: I believe the permission to Kripp is more for him to showcase some act 3 areas than it is to show the changes.
Build of the week #9 - Breaking your face with style http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_EcQDOUN9Y
IGN: Poltun
Last edited by faerwin on Jan 11, 2013, 9:37:22 PM
"
Moosifer wrote:

Yeah I don't believe that, I highly doubt Tentative Keystone 126 is changing anytime soon ^^.

But more seriously, list of stuff from what I watched:

- Sparks cannot hit the same enemy more than once per second(might be only forked/chained Sparks from another not sure).
- Shock Nova cost reduced.
- Lightning arrow various nerfs, starts at lvl 10 instead of 1, doesn't have shock% anymore, does slightly more dmg per lvl, always hits only 3 targets
- Dual totem is now a Keystone, taking it prevents you from doing any damage, it should not prevent you from having sources of dmg that are not directly yours such as totems obvious but also minions, traps and mines, and it should not prevent you from applying debuffs such as curses
- CI is now: Reduce your health to 1. Chaos damage now affects your ES. Now has a 5nodes linked after it with 4x 6%additional ES nodes and one 30% MORE ES node. Result should be a fair amount lower than current 50% more. Since you're not chaos immune anymore either, it makes it very complicated to survive chaos dmg without having a way to regen ES, via Ghost Reaver or the new keystone:
- New ES related keystone, your Regeneration effects now affect your ES instead of your life. It's near Elemental Equilibrium around the Templar/Witch area.
- Elemental Equilibrium changes but tbh I have no idea how it works on live anyway. Apparently nerfed for multiple types of dmg at once though but reduces by -50% to opposite element so possibly stronger than current?
- Whirling Blades is now 80% efficiency instead of 60%. No tests done to check for desyncs on it.
- Spell Totem is supposedly(guy sent a PM on stream, not confirmed) -50%cast speed now, similar to how Ranged Attack totem is -50%attackspeed.

Other changes but nothing too important that I remember.
Last edited by PyrosEien on Jan 11, 2013, 9:39:47 PM
Do need the confirmation on spell totem cast speed nerf.
IGN: hyperculler (torment)
"
Moosifer wrote:

Cool, added a disclaimer just in case.

All,

Do you guys want me to update original post with changes as more people post them, or would you rather just scroll through thread to see all the observed changes?
Last edited by TeeloBrown on Jan 11, 2013, 9:53:54 PM
"
TeeloBrown wrote:
"
Moosifer wrote:

Cool, added a disclaimer just in case.

All,

Do you guys want me to update original post with changes as more people post them, or would you rather just scroll through thread to see all the observed changes?

update would be nice and could use some formatting...
IGN: hyperculler (torment)
"
PyrosEien wrote:
"
Moosifer wrote:

Yeah I don't believe that, I highly doubt Tentative Keystone 126 is changing anytime soon ^^.

Everything is subject to change.
"
hypershatter wrote:
Do need the confirmation on spell totem cast speed nerf.

well the only confirmation of anything you'll get is seeing it on kripp's stream so if you want to see something you better hope he shows it.
Finished 17th in Rampage - Peaked at 11th
Finished 18th in Torment/Bloodline 1mo Race - peaked at 9th
Null's Inclination Build 2.1.0 - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1559063
Summon Skeleton 1.3 - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1219856
Pyros post added.

I'll be itemizing changes better once the list gets bigger.
Last edited by TeeloBrown on Jan 11, 2013, 10:48:05 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info