Righteous Fire Scaling..?

so i have a question about the scaling of burn damage-mainly in righteous fire(as im failing to make heads or tails of the patch notes)

Does the burning damage from righteous fire scale with increased elemental damage from gear or your passive tree-specifically what about the elemental dominion node near witch start?

If u understand correctly burning/Righteous fire still does not scale with spell damage, but does however now scale with inc fire-however neither burning or fire damage with increase the damage to the player-but as for elemental damage I havn't a clue
thanks for any help-its much appreciated.
Righteous Fire will be affected by anything that benefits non-attack, non-spell, area fire damage. This includes modifiers to fire damage, elemental damage, area of effect damage, and generic damage.

Self-inflicted damage over time will not be affected by your damage modifiers. This includes Righteous Fire and Blood Rage.
Whoa so you mean increased fire damage nodes are now viable for RF along with burning damage ones? That's awesome.
IGN: SCHVAITZERIZER
"
Righteous Fire will be affected by anything that benefits non-attack, non-spell, area fire damage. This includes modifiers to fire damage, elemental damage, area of effect damage, and generic damage.

Self-inflicted damage over time will not be affected by your damage modifiers. This includes Righteous Fire and Blood Rage.

So the leveling of righteous fire is useless as well as the quality ? makes no sense to put that even on the gem then..
"
uberduffman wrote:
So the leveling of righteous fire is useless as well as the quality ? makes no sense to put that even on the gem then..

From the gem description:
"
Engulfs you in magical fire that rapidly burns you and nearby enemies. Your spell damage is substantially increased while under this effect.

Note that it's MORE damage.

So you can use RF to buff your spell damage significantly (like Foxtactics did with his righteous surgeon/arcer).

49% more damage is insane (even pain attunement gives "only" 30)!
"Fixing the endgame was hard - No matter how hard we buffed red maps, people would keep spamming Gorges.
So we turned Gorge into a red map"
Last edited by qwertz on Jul 24, 2014, 8:46:44 AM
"
uberduffman wrote:
"

This necro was beyond useless.
"Minions of your minions are your minion's minions, not your minions." - Mark
that being said I miss my low life RF caster from some leagues ago...70% more spell damage was so good ;P
LLD BOTW spark/arc caster guide http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1133731

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info