Need help with blood reaper spectral throw build

This is what I have:

Passive tree:

Gear:
Spoiler

Idea:
Using at least 2 auras that give extra dmg and sticking with blood reaper as an end-game weapon

What I need:
advice regarding the tree
advice regarding gem configurations
advice regarding going life+armor versus evasion+acrobatics
Hi sir i probably have more questions than answers but i can share my tree
i'm using sweep with life gain on hit, life leech, faster attack. I have a lot of mana regen and leech from gear. I use vulnerability as a curse obviously. In the tree i'm heading to the newly introduced damage over time passives and more defense. I think that this weapon would be great with flicker strike with frenzy or blood rage, if you manage to compensate the chaos damage debuff. I had great time playing this build through the whole game so far (level 53) but i'm afraid that this weapon isn't viable for endgame content. The bleeding effect is based on physical damage dealt, and there are rare better axes with common combination of affixes and suffixes that you can find in late game (
Spoiler
).
I hope that I'm wrong
Last edited by ammenz on Dec 11, 2013, 5:39:27 PM
To OP:

Is there a reason why you want to use mana instead of blood magic (the gem)? The reason I ask is because 1)so presumably you want to get more links in your gear so that you can link more support gems to your main skill (in this case, Spectral Throw). In order to support the mana in the later stages, you either need an extensive amount of mana/mana regen or blood magic. If you do that, then you can run two (or possibly three auras) on your char without any detriments.

Also, 2) I know you use have that one faster projectiles node coupled with the Slower Projectiles gem...
I would honestly advice against this just because on your tree it seems like you go out of your way to get it...and Slower Projectiles, even though it makes you do more damage (Because of the shotgun effect)...the reach is far too short, especially if it's your main skill.

Let me try to rework your tree a bit, send it to you and see if you like it or my ideas better. If not, at least you will have more ideas to work with =)

To Ammenz:
Current DPS w/out quality: 349
DPS w/20% quality: 419

Quality that thing up man. Plus, yeah...there are better weapons out there. Trust me.
Timezone: PST (California)
Last edited by KickAcid on Dec 11, 2013, 6:42:17 PM
To OP:

This is a quick rework of your tree:

Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgAAAdwB5wOWBS0RHhjbG_ohYCXfJvgppTB3MZ4yCTWSNug64TsoQKBHfkp9SshN404qWK9aUluvYENgS2EhZU1lp2egbEZuPW5pbqpybHTtdPF1TngNeu-DCYTZhO-Haod2iPGQbJWbm12euZ_LpBmmV6iaqW6plKvFrFm18r6KvqfAD9JN3Q3iYedj8kXyl_zF_gr-jw==

What you get with this tree compared to your current tree:

Good:
86% Increased Life
2.5% Life Regen (Currently, you have none)
30 more strength
108% Increased physical damage
16% Increased attack speed

Bad:
196 less Accuracy
80 less Intelligence (won't need it though)
120 less Dexterity
15% Reduced Proj. Damage
No crit nodes (You want to take Resolute Technique eventually IMO)
6% Less Res (Not much)

Notes:
NO MANA/MANA REGEN.

BLOOD MAGIC GEM? Yes. If you use a blood magic gem instead of slower projectiles, you will do more damage because you can replace the CLARITY aura with a damage aura (HATRED is the best one for you imo)

GEM COMBINATIONS
SPECTRAL THROW

ST=Spectral Throw
BM=Blood Magic
FA=Faster Attacks
LMP=Lesser Multiple Projectiles

4L: ST + BM + FA + LMP
5L: Add ADDED FIRE
6L: Add WEAPON ELEMENTAL DAMAGE

LIFE LEECH/LIFE ON HIT SWAP: Swap with WEAPON ELEMENTAL DAMAGE for 1) Hard Maps/Mods, 2)Reflect Maps

Timezone: PST (California)
Last edited by KickAcid on Dec 11, 2013, 7:16:56 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info