@GGG Devs [Unique or Hybrid Diamond Gems] => skill [Cloud of Angels Tears] AOE ! Feedback Wanted !

I just came up with one fast idea: Available for all weapons and characters...

My Original thread here => http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/65882

PS. I made 2 threads, so this receives more attention and more suggestions for the gems of this type. And i would like to see your constructive Feedback on this gems, if you would like to see them ingame.

!!! Suggestions opened !!!

[Unique or Hybrid Diamond gem] => skill [Cloud of Angels Tears] AOE skill

1] Drop chance in secret level of act 3 or 4 in the future. If they plan to make secret level (yet unknown).

2] Skill Proc at 1/3 of chars health costs no mana. Or it could cost shit loads of mana, haven't fully figured it out yet.

3] Animation for player would be as followed. Starting when char look up in the sky, his hands open on each side like he would be performing a prayer.

4] Mechanics would be like this, when casted the massive cloud gathers in the area of effect and starts with lighting hiting the ground and short second or two after it huge naumber of Angels looks trough the Cloud and start crying tears of sadness, what happened to once a lovely place on earth.

2nd type of possible cast mechanic would be: white mist flashing the area with angels feathers floating around and than cloud appears with lots of Crying Angels.

3rd type of possible mechanic would be as seen in the picture above: Crying Angels appears on a this Pillar and performs a deep sorrow cry which fills area with water, flushing all monsters away in AOE.

5] The cry is so immerse, that area is instantly filled with water, which flushes the monsters away and they dissapear like you would purge the area.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"
Farystar wrote:
@MonstaMunch no you didn't quite get it :)

That's why it is meant for endgame where monsters do massive amount of damage, or you get sourrounded for example in HC where survival means everything. Or it could have limited casts, like 10 casts per day.

Best regards, Fary :)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

GGG thank you for all the great things you are doing. You have combined every element of all other great Rpg's and joined them together as one Diamond, that will shine Forever.

This is coming straight from the heart <3
Last edited by Foreverhappychan on Jan 16, 2013, 6:41:02 AM
A few thoughts:

1. Why "hybrid"? The only "hybrid skill gem" at the moment is portal. This sounds more like a regular spell like ice nova or firestorm but with water (which doesn't currently exist as an element in liquid form) and lightning.

2. I don't really get what you were saying about mana, or why it would cost more/less than other skills.

3. It sounds like you're talking about a mechanic that would ignore the HP/ES of enemies by "washing them away". I don't really get how that would work or why it would be a good thing to have in the game. Apart from that it sounds like firestorm but with water and lightning.

4. How long do you envision this spell taking to cast? Even if it had an unusually long cool down period, this detailed animation (as nice as it sounds) wouldn't work. Plus, what happens to his weapons when his hands open for him to look up at the sky? Does he just drop them, or do they somehow stick to his palms?

5. More elements such as earth and wind would be awesome, but they would take a lot of work and a very long time to even get into testing. I don't think they are a priority at the moment. Also even if they were, I think water would probably be bottom of the list as we already have ice, plus it presents obvious difficulties for the current physics engine (or lack thereof).

6. If you want to mess around with having multiple elements at one time, check out trap support gem, that's something it excels at.

7. I don't mean any offense, but I think it was a good idea to have a thread for skill gem ideas. I don't think it's such a great idea to have a separate thread for each suggestion. Just my opinion.

Last edited by MonstaMunch on Jan 10, 2013, 6:44:54 AM
"
MonstaMunch wrote:
A few thoughts:

1. Why "hybrid"? The only "hybrid skill gem" at the moment is portal. This sounds more like a regular spell like ice nova or firestorm but with water (which doesn't currently exist as an element in liquid form) and lightning.

2. I don't really get what you were saying about mana, or why it would cost more/less than other skills.

3. It sounds like you're talking about a mechanic that would ignore the HP/ES of enemies by "washing them away". I don't really get how that would work or why it would be a good thing to have in the game. Apart from that it sounds like firestorm but with water and lightning.

4. How long do you envision this spell taking to cast? Even if it had an unusually long cool down period, this detailed animation (as nice as it sounds) wouldn't work. Plus, what happens to his weapons when his hands open for him to look up at the sky? Does he just drop them, or do they somehow stick to his palms?

5. More elements such as earth and wind would be awesome, but they would take a lot of work and a very long time to even get into testing. I don't think they are a priority at the moment. Also even if they were, I think water would probably be bottom of the list as we already have ice, plus it presents obvious difficulties for the current physics engine (or lack thereof).

6. If you want to mess around with having multiple elements at one time, check out trap support gem, that's something it excels at.

7. I don't mean any offense, but I think it was a good idea to have a thread for skill gem ideas. I don't think it's such a great idea to have a separate thread for each suggestion. Just my opinion.

@Monsta Munch thank you for the constructive feedback. Notes taken and hoping for more suggestions about such gems and skills. And about this unique drops, which will be so hard 2 get.

It is unique gem that would only drop in the world. It would have like 5 second area effect flushing all monsters. Cooldown lets say 2 min. It could have no mana cost or it doesnt have to be Hp related at all. I'm sure you get the point now.

Ps. Its about unique gems and only gems with this kind of effect, that are hard to get and have massive damage typo.

GGG thank you for all the great things you are doing. You have combined every element of all other great Rpg's and joined them together as one Diamond, that will shine Forever.

Last edited by Farystar on Jan 10, 2013, 7:11:59 AM
"
Farystar wrote:

It is unique gem that would only drop in the world. It would have like 5 second area effect flushing all monsters. Cooldown lets say 2 min. It could have no mana cost or it doesnt have to be Hp related at all. I'm sure you get the point now.

Ps. Its about unique gems and only gems with this kind of effect, that are hard to get and have massive damage typo.

Ok, I get it now, super amazing unique gem that any class can use and cause massively more damage than any other skill/gem currently available.

Doesn't work and will never happen, regardless of how rare it is. Such an item would destroy the game.

Also, you can turn off bold text by taking out the b in brackets. Bold is only cool if used by Charan when he's angry.
Last edited by MonstaMunch on Jan 10, 2013, 7:18:29 AM
@MonstaMunch no you didn't quite get it :)

That's why it is meant for endgame where monsters do massive amount of damage, or you get sourrounded for example in HC where survival means everything. Or it could have limited casts, like 10 casts per day.

Last edited by Farystar on Jan 10, 2013, 7:23:22 AM
"
Farystar wrote:
Or it could have limited casts, like 10 casts per day

Not quite sure if I'm being trolled. If so, well played.
@MonstaMunch

I am happy that you forced me to rethink the idea abit and it is not my intention to troll. Thank you for understanding. I actually like my idea, that spells like this would have limited cats per day.

Last edited by Farystar on Jan 10, 2013, 7:49:41 AM
"
Farystar wrote:
it could have limited casts, like 10 casts per day

lolwut? How would that work and why should it?

"
Farystar wrote:
spells like this would have limited cats

Spell casters with cats is very cliche, give them kangaroos or something.

Edit: and even if you gave them cats, why limit them? Cats are sociable, it can be considered cruel to keep them in isolation all the time. Having said that, they do also typically appreciate a few hours of isolation every day. Is that what the daily limit is for?
Last edited by LeMule on Jan 10, 2013, 8:51:14 AM
It would work well as said and intended. Limited cast for this particular spell would come in so it doesn't get abused. That's why it would be casted in situation where you suddenly get sorrounded in with deadly pack of monsters. Specialy handy to get yourself out of trouble in HC.

Best regards Fary :)

Ps. I just gave my opinion on this particular spell type. Others wouldn't have to have this kind of limitation, depends on spell mechanic and what the spell is intended for and for that particular situation, where player finds himself in.

Last edited by Farystar on Jan 10, 2013, 10:41:15 AM
bump...

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info