Day 1 of many to come - Cheating in PoE.

It is beyond time to answer what is happening with map and zoom hack in PoE.

Making a post a day in this forum until this is addressed.
"When I close my eyes, I see this thing, a sign, I see this name in bright blue neon lights with a purple outline. And this name is so bright and so sharp that the sign - it just blows up because the name is so powerful... It says, "Diamond Supporter."
For those of us not entirely in the loop, care to provide details?
How to make a build: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/510084
Current guides: N/A
"
Kirielis wrote:
For those of us not entirely in the loop, care to provide details?

The map system in poe uses a protocol very similar to that of diablo 2, where the server sends the full map seed to the client, who is then trusted to reveal it incrementally.

This results in the ability for the client to expose the entire map and all of its contents at any time, making maphacking (see entire map and whats in it) and zoomhacking (more map area onscreen) trivially easy.

As to exactly how prevalent these hacks are in racing, who knows, but they certainly are present.
IGN: KoTao
Poor Racing Subforum, gonna get endless spam of new threads, as I don't see em doing anything about it ;D
And by drawing attention to these things, you are only making them worse.
The silent majority.
"
PanicAK wrote:
And by drawing attention to these things, you are only making them worse.

Citation needed.
IGN: KoTao
"
As far as I'm concerned, its 13th century England around here, you are guilty until proven innocent.

i agree and i also think morsexier maphacks. please take action until he is proving innocent.
"
SmallD wrote:
"
As far as I'm concerned, its 13th century England around here, you are guilty until proven innocent.

i agree and i also think morsexier maphacks. please take action until he is proving innocent.

Funny guy. Morsexier actually streams every single race he participates in and has thus proven himself innocent.
Last edited by Hassefar60 on Nov 29, 2013, 11:01:37 AM
"
Hassefar60 wrote:
"
SmallD wrote:
"

Funny guy. Morsexier actually streams every single race he participates in and has thus proven himself innocent.

yes, but back in open beta when he actually did well in races his group would exploit being able to tell the map based on an ID we could see, which is basically maphacking. Until he is proven innocent of this charge, i demand action be taken for his transgressions.
Last edited by SmallD on Nov 29, 2013, 11:12:22 AM
"
SmallD wrote:
"
Hassefar60 wrote:
"
SmallD wrote:

yes, but back in open beta when he actually did well in races his group would take advantage of being able to tell the map based on an ID we could see, which is basically maphacking. Until he is proven innocent of this charge, i demand action be taken for his transgressions.

You clearly know a lot about maphacking. How come?

Regarding his performance, whatever. He is doing fine. I actually thought he had improved but that may be a matter of opinion. He can defend himself if he wishes to but I don't think he is bothered by your silly accusation.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info