x

x
Last edited by ballsonfire on Jun 23, 2014, 5:02:53 AM
I honestly don't mean to be rude, but, its standard. :)))))))
"
MrSpaviel wrote:
I honestly don't mean to be rude, but, its standard. :)))))))

well i just like to theorycraft, and standart is most suitable. also i spent sooo much time on this game already, i just cant see myself spending more to accumulate as much stuff on non standart play.

but more to the point, as is i would not consider it hardcore viable, but if i respec part of my nodes into ES, and switch my ring For Shavrones revelation with Es regen, it makes alot of sense in any league. just watch out for chaos damage. i plan to swaop shield for either a high Es high EV, or High ES, Spelldamage, and chaos res when i get some orbs eventually
You meant ruby flask on #2, right?

I'd been seriously thinking of crafting a low life RF build on Crown of Eyes, doing pretty much what you described, but didn't have the funding to pull it off. Crown alone costs more than my total networth.

Also, "good but not gg" is a description of a 313dps crit claw now? Really?
How to make a build: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/510084
Current guides: N/A
"
Kirielis wrote:
You meant ruby flask on #2, right?

I'd been seriously thinking of crafting a low life RF build on Crown of Eyes, doing pretty much what you described, but didn't have the funding to pull it off. Crown alone costs more than my total networth.

Also, "good but not gg" is a description of a 313dps crit claw now? Really?

Opps, indeed i had my flasks comfused, but you see my point. While the fire resistance is in effect it can still drain all your life in around 8 seconds when you pop rf you go offensive right away to leech it back.
Was doing some meeps and totally forgot i was on a -res map... Killed myself obviously

Crowns are very expensive indeed for now, good news is new shav can be had for around 30 ex unlinked now.

As for my claw, when you compare it to a max rolled dagger for example, you get like 150+ more dps, up to 10 crit, crit chance up to 80 and crit mult. That is easy doubke the dps., i am waiting for a perfect claw though to eventually maybe mirror. Perfect claw can have 550 ish

I would probably be using a dagger if i had one.

Om a side note, i dont have a 20/20 righteos fire, so i lose alot of dos there too.

All in all i like how it worked out, once i reach my target lvl of 85 it should be smooth sailing from thre. So far i am 76 and still missing a whole es cluster.

I can spec the remaininng points to more dps or defense, not yet sure. My fire res is slacking a little for now, might need to look into a new shield i guess
Hi, nice build. Why do you use Inc. AOE and Conc. Effect for your Reave 6L instead of the Inc. Crit Chance and Damage gems? I guess you are using Inc. AOE to offset the penalty of Conc. Effect - but does it give more DPS than using the crit gems?
"
Ceryneian wrote:
Hi, nice build. Why do you use Inc. AOE and Conc. Effect for your Reave 6L instead of the Inc. Crit Chance and Damage gems? I guess you are using Inc. AOE to offset the penalty of Conc. Effect - but does it give more DPS than using the crit gems?

Hi,

Well there are 2 possibilities, either that or crit damage mult + power charge on crit. Dps wise i would have to check, but obviously conc effect + incresed multi gives the mist dps but range is very small. I went with conc effect and increased aoe to offset the conc effect drawback, also for niw i prefer concentrated effect because dps output is more consistent, which makes a big different in reflect maps, especially if you cross a reflect mob, basically trying to avoid crit spikes. Dps is already high enough that i actually had to tone it down just a bit.
Also i just rerouted the tree for that, to get more es and slightly less dps.
Ok, I get what you are saying and having the lower DPS without crits would help against reflect I guess. I'm trying to decide between your build and the other Scion build by biggerboom - his is much more crit heavy and uses Spectral Throw.

You have any high level map gameplay you can post? Would be interesting to see how you play the build and I really like the Righteous idea - risky, but exciting. How much DPS you get if you use RF with your 6L Reave in these cases:

- Inc. AOE and Conc. Effect
- Inc. Crit Damage and Conc. Effect
- Inc. AOE and Inc. Crit Damage

I'm running a similar build as a witch with dagger damage and crit nodes but without the crown, so no Pain yet. I have Reave in my 6L and I use Spectral Throw in a 4L with Inc. Crit Chance to generate power charges. Definitely some advantages to Spectral Throw in that you can kite dangerous situations, but I really like melee so I have that in my 6L. What issue I have with Reave is that sometimes it feels that my hits are missing mobs too frequently (87% accuracy) - maybe it was the desync last night, or maybe the multistrike gem causes me to shift directions too much.
Last edited by Ceryneian on Nov 26, 2013, 10:09:37 AM
"
Ceryneian wrote:
Ok, I get what you are saying and having the lower DPS without crits would help against reflect I guess. I'm trying to decide between your build and the other Scion build by biggerboom - his is much more crit heavy and uses Spectral Throw.

You have any high level map gameplay you can post? Would be interesting to see how you play the build and I really like the Righteous idea - risky, but exciting. How much DPS you get if you use RF with your 6L Reave in these cases:

- Inc. AOE and Conc. Effect
- Inc. Crit Damage and Conc. Effect
- Inc. AOE and Inc. Crit Damage

I'm running a similar build without the crown, so no Pain yet. I have Reave in my 6L and I use Spectral Throw in a 4L with Inc. Crit Chance to generate power charges. Definitely some advantages to Spectral Throw in that you can kite dangerous situations, but I really like melee so I have that in my 6L. What issue I have with Reave is that sometimes it feels that my hits are missing mobs too frequently (87% accuracy) - maybe it was the desync last night, or maybe the multistrike gem causes me to shift directions too much.

thank you for your interrest, i will try to get a video or something up once i farm a few more levels, i would feel much better with that AR/ES cluster under the belt, that armor bonus will make a world of difference when popping granatine too, so i look forward to that.

for now i will thry to give you the numbers (all numbers will be with bloodrage and on low life, hatred, no charges yet)
i dont have all gems 20/20, reave is still 18/0, so keep that in mind for all numbers, it would mean roughly 5-10% more

Conc Eff + In Aoe is 45K
crit dmg + conc eff 60k
inc AOE + crit 35k

EDIT: i bought 20/20 reave and swapped for 20/20 multistrike and Conc eff+ inc aoe dps went to 50k as expected (did not adjust other numbers yet though)

with 3 frenzy 5 power charges:
60 k
85 k
50 k

With a simple Rathpith shield just for testing spelldamage(mine is 54 spelldamage)
85k from conc+ increased crit dmg + charges goes up to 95 k

all in all, if i had the dagger used for the other build i would not say it is a stretch to say my dps would be up by roughly 75% maybe even more i guess. even though the dps difference is not double, but that higher base crit, crit mult, crit chance are huge!

i did give spectral throw a go, but i kinda like reave, it fits my socket colors nicely, has good coverage, and i like the aded bonus of being able by switching 1 gem have it become a strong single target attack (you could always move some gems around for single target attack i guess, but too much hassle, and all supporting slots are taken by auras or Cwdt) or great AOE. that is good enough for me.

i mean it might sound not very convincing, but i do find my route very balanced especially i get to reach those AR/ES nodes, which are awesome when combined with EV/ES nodes and IR. also when you lvl from 86 to 90 the 4 remaining points you spend either on damage, or even more es (either the middle ES cluster near scion, or 30+es shield bonus nodes top left, basically by lvl 95 you can get almost all ES nodes on tree if you want more survivability.
Last edited by ballsonfire on Nov 26, 2013, 10:50:07 AM
Ahh interesting Thanks for the numbers, and those numbers are with RF right?

How is your mana? Are you running into trouble on low regen maps. It might be ideal to keep Reave without quality which only adds attack speed.

I like the idea of using Claw - more life leech. But without crit like with the dagger you will have lower DPS as you said, but you will be safer on reflect I guess...

I am using a Witch at the moment. My ideal goal is to get high block into the build. What I plan to do is use one of these builds and then start decreasing the DPS and getting block. Key question is how much DPS do I lose to get to maximum block. This is where crits and the Crown come in - to use Pain and Righteous to help keep DPS high. Rathpith globe could be one of the best shields for such a build - block, spell block and spell damage.

I am still considering Reave vs Spectral throw. I like evasion which would work well with a kiting skill like ST, if I get high block in as well - survivability will be very strong.

Any chance you can post screens of your Offense and Defense? Thanks man!
Last edited by Ceryneian on Nov 26, 2013, 10:34:51 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info