Power Siphon (Culling Strike?) affects drops

I have recently experienced multiple bad or bugged drops when using Power Siphon. I assume that the cause must be the "culling strike", so the Culling Strike support gem may have the same issues, but I haven't tested it yet.

I killed Kraityn with Power Siphon and he did not drop his amulet. He also only dropped two items instead of his normal larger drop. I tried him again and let my minions kill him instead and he dropped normally.

I killed Alira with Power Siphon and had the exact same issues as Kraityn, no amulet and minimal items. I killed her again with my minions which resulted in a normal drop with the amulet.

I killed Vaal with Power Siphon and he only dropped two items.

I know Kripparrian mentioned that he thought the skill may be bugged, and I think this proves it.
Shameless bump.

Migrating over from a spell Templar to a physical wand Templar and thus from fireball to power siphon I noticed drops reduced dramatically, enough to hit google.

Saw this post and wasn't at all surprised.

Doing a few comparison tests of Fellshrine full clears, comparing;

Power Siphon - Lesser MP - Chain

with

Fireball - Lesser MP - Chain

...as the sole skills used, the latter always produced between 2 and 6 times the amount of rare drops as well as more drops of other categories. Not once in several runs did any PS run achieve equal to or more than any of the FB runs.
Casually casual.

Last edited by TheAnuhart on Jan 11, 2013, 6:50:42 AM
Been using PS for a little while now.

Have not noticed this. Everything seems the same.

RNG gonna RNG
"
SL4Y3R wrote:
Been using PS for a little while now.

Have not noticed this. Everything seems the same.

RNG gonna RNG

Quest drops don't do the RNG thang, duder. ;)
Casually casual.

This issue has been coming up since Culling Strike was first introduced. I never had a chance to test the mechanic before the skill gem was added.

I'm sure they have checked, doubled check, and tripled checked over and over now, but I too feel like it just seems to nerf loot. Perhaps there's something they just are not accounting for.

There is no other mechanic/skill in this game that this issue happens with. It's not RNG, if it were, these types of posts wouldn't be made.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info