Ice Marauder build <Ice Nova> OB thoughts

Hi everyone just trying to see if this is a capable build. Been having a lot of fun with Ice Nova in act 2, and thought it would be an interesting build for a marauder. Just wanted to get your ideas on this.

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEAAdwEsxLZFE0UUhkuGekaOBo-G_ohAiE0JIsl3yftKS4wGTboOtg7Oz0PPfxHfk3YUFBRYFRJVbVYY1ivXz9gxGVNZp5wPndieA17jHy4fLuBb4TZjM-QVZB0njygtKIApBmnhKmVq8W53b6KwBrBBMT2xYrG2NSP3sHkUedS567qGOw47w7wH_Gs8i_z3fZI9ys=

I am thinking using this as a shield build as well, with mace just looking at the tree I think this is a good idea. Not really wanting to go full ice, as I like this with Elemental hit, and Glacial Hammer. Using shield charge, on frozen mobs is fun, and I must say that gathering up mobs and freezing them and then shield charge is fun.

What do you guys think of this build, or build idea?

CipBiarus
According to wiki
Elemental hit requires 110 dex points for a level 18 gem
Ice nova requires 113 int points for a level 19 gem.

Your build is mostly all str nodes. I will assume you are covering the lack of dex/int to use these 2 skills with high stat gear?

If possible try to revise it so you can maybe get more of the nodes you need.
Well Ice Nova itself isn't a viable main attack in end game content you just don't get the DPS you need it's a nice AoE to get trash mobs down but you definitely rely on something else for the harder targets.

Both Elemental Hit and Glacial Hammer would be suited for this, I'd personally prefer elemental hit but this comes down to preference.
What the guy above me already addressed is the lack of Dex, in conjunction with your lack of Accuracy nodes this will resolut in a serious problem later on, usually you would pick up Resolute Technique for a build wich is meant to use primary Ice damage and wants to get the frozen effect on crit this is however not really a viable choice.

And since all the gems you've mentioned are quite mana intense to use and you haven't really taken anything that would help with that you should really consider taking blood magic.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info