Stuck at "checking resources" :(

Hi all,

I just "bought" PoE and was really looking forward to playing it tonight but I'm now getting this error.

It's been sitting on this for almost an hour now and the directory size has not changed more than about 2MB... let's just be clear that I have no issues with internet speeds nor am I downloading anything else.

I really would like to know what's actually going on, ya know for a game that has so many stats, a detailed progress log would be boss haha :D

I saw in a few other threads that there was something about Disk space.... yeah, I don't see how that makes any sense unless it's critically low, I have a brand new (2 week old) 80GB SSD with a fresh copy of Win7 64bit which has downloaded Planetside 2 with no issue and runs it perfectly.

Let's see, troubleshooting I've done has been..

-Tested on another machine 2TB HDD also Win7 64bit
-Tested on my own 1TB HDD to no avail
-Re-downloaded the .MSI, also no joy. (EDIT: By that I mean I also deleted the PoE directory that was created for the original install)

UPDATE: Restarted just after I made this thread and it's just started downloading now.
Last edited by Psyclosarin on Jan 3, 2013, 4:49:45 AM
Good to hear, that's a very unusual situation. Usually Checking Resources will only take a long time if the HDD is very badly fragmented, or if there is only just enough space left. If you're able to find out what let it work in the end, please let us know!
Balance & Design
Same problem here, was stuck at "checking resources" the first time around for ~ 2 hrs, then it started downloading. Since I had to shutdown the pc, now it's taking more than ~1.5 hrs and still counting in that screen.

specs:
Win 7 x64
80 GB free of 220 GB ,NTFS partition

Troubleshooting,
1.Tried reinstall
2.Tried defragmenting
3.Deactivated anti-virus

still stuck at that screen :(

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info