POE not using Nvidia 630m Graphics Card

Hi,

I just bought a new laptop and POE is using the integrated HD graphics card not the nvidia 630m. I have set POE to use the Nvidia in the control panel but it is still using the integrated card.

I have also looked in the BIOS but can not see an option to disable the integrated card.

Any help would be great.
RIP Bolto
Can you disable it via control panel?
I have tried that but it does not use the 630 it uses the very basic family GPU (also integrated)
RIP Bolto
I assume it is not your problem, but I will tell you what happened to me.

I got a pc, with 2 monitors.
When I play in one, ok, Nvidia 670. When I play in the other, intel graphics.
The problem was I was using the cable inserting it in the wrong plug. I disconnected the cable and connected again in the other one (my pc got 2 HDMI).

Not sure if you got the same problem, just check if your pc got 2 connections for the same cable, and change it.

Sorry for my bad English ;)
IGN: Gonorreitor
bumb. want to get devs attention for this proplem as i have same proplem, but another videocard.
Some laptops automatically force switching to integrated graphics depending on your battery settings. Check your power settings and see if switching to "High Performance" allows you to use the Nvidia graphics card.

Also, to disable your integrated graphics you'll need to boot in safe mode and then go to your device manager and choose disable(If you're using Windows at least).
"
Elynole wrote:
Some laptops automatically force switching to integrated graphics depending on your battery settings. Check your power settings and see if switching to "High Performance" allows you to use the Nvidia graphics card.

Also, to disable your integrated graphics you'll need to boot in safe mode and then go to your device manager and choose disable(If you're using Windows at least).

i am running my laptop with custom plan which dont let any component save power/sleep while connected to charger. guess i try disabling intel one and see what happens, but even if it works thats just temporary workaround since i7+540m drains battery really fast even if only idle on desktop.
i found workaround which actually did the job for me and shows im using nvidia one on game now, also got ~20fps increace.

go to nvidia settings -> physx tab -> choose there your nvidia card instead of automatical choose press apply and start POE, now u should see your nvidia one in the game options if u see it close POE and change that physx setting back to automatical and apply, now when u run POE again its still using your nvidia card.

sry for bumb, maybe devs can now address proplem if this works for others too?

ps. that setting being on automatical means it either uses your cpu or nvidia graphic card for physics, which made me wonder how it can cause bug, game using intel card instead of nvidia when u cant even choose your intel card for physichs card......
Go through the nvidia control panel and there should be an option to have your nvidia card used to everything...

The issue with lab tops is that to conserve battery life they will pick the weakest card to use so that you don't overheat the CPU ... It was easy to do and definitely increased my performance... I had to tinker with lots of other things but start there
I have a similar poblem; in my case I can't get the game to show up in the nVidia control panel. The panel keeps thinking the game is 'Phantasy Star Online 2', because it thinks it recognizes the 'client.exe'.

Could it be helpful (for the graphics control panels) to change the name of the 'exe'?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info