All Strength Maurauder

So I've only recently started playing around with the passive skill tree calculator and I decided to explore a build in which the Marauder picks up all the +Strength nodes he can. With few things but +Strength picked (only what's necessary to reach other +Strengths) I still have 38 points left. My base stats are now Dexterity: 14 Intelligence: 24 Strength: 750

My question to those who have played with the calculator and the game itself more than me is whether this buld can be made effective (or an *all* Int/Dex buld).

Does having so much of a base stat make a character uniquely effective or is it merely unnecessary? And what do the core stats do for a character anyway?

Thanks
It would be awful and useless. Those nodes are the worst nodes in the entire skill tree, you should pick them only when you need to advance to other nodes.
Haha, ok then.
My brother had the idea of getting all str nodes + iron grip +iron grip gem for like 300% increased damage. however turns out the gem and the keystone dont stack.. so it was abondoned.

the problem is that you only get 150% increased damage and like +375 HP but both those can be accoplished much easier by picking up a few life nodes and a couple damage nodes.

maybe some kinda caster variant?
Last edited by stickman on Jan 1, 2013, 1:12:20 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info