(28) 1v1s

Capped 28 fights vs players with unique gear ... isnt really a good idea !

Every play ive fought who has some unique gear destroyed me in seconds. Today i level to 28 and got some decent gear and made a strong melee charater, but vs players with unique gear makes me look like im naked!

So the feedback is - level 28 will only give useful feedback when players are fighting with equal gear. Should be two different categories, players with or without unique. This is a beta after all and feedback is why we're here.

My toon has-
600hp, 40% armor 46% evade, 75% cold, 40% fire and lightning, 17.5 life per second.
Running with 2h using heavy strikes and cold aura with Ice Bite.
Heavy strike hitting on tool tip for 240 with overall 92% accuracy.

Played against casters and shadow toons who had a tough time applying dps. 70% of the fight is a kiting game, with myself using Phase run and Leap to close the distance. Take around 3-4 hits to drop them - but the tough part is when caster can get there shield back up and continue to apply pressure. In that way, the melee vs caster battle seems very fair. I do however know my friend who used flicker alot and killed casters very easily without them being able to get their shield back up. Either something should be balanced, or at these low levels casters are unable to get the required skills needed to defense against fast paced flicker players.

My matches against my friend who has a Duelist like myself, he's got above average dps using duel wield. My 2h burst was too much, and when using a health totem the dps was mitigated quiet easily. The flicker speed is very useful, but unless there more pvp level caps, will be hard to get more info.

I wouldnt say my toon is bad for level 28, but i would say vs players with unique gear it's not even close to being a battle.
Because of this, i think getting feedback on level 28 1v1s will be tougher then i thought.

You need at last 900 HP to take withstand hits.
Item balance is fine. PvP is there for people to min/max it, the rich will always be on top. It's an ARPG, accept that.
sry ive seen godly and godlys dont lose hp wich wuold pretty much be a smiter with life tap
IGN: danknugsblazedopeswag
You are naive if level 28 PVP heavily depends on items, if some gems are simply overpowered for PVP.

Viperstrike + High Block shield. It doesn't have to be Pendarus.

Beartraps with links are already powerful and the items to increase damage are low level uniques.

Volls Baptism is a really strong weapon so you haven't grind for a royal staff/brass maul forever.

The only thing you can do against 1 shot Bear traps is to destroy them but it's not possible if the enemy is next to you.

Also there is a huge difference between physical and elemental damage. It's far easier to push elemental damage than physical damage.

Especially since there is an overpowered gem named weapon elemental damage.
Total rubbish comments. Explain to me how someoene can one shot me with 600 health and your comment is, get 300 more? And gear ISNT a factor? Piiish.

Take a good look at some of the unique gear. ALL i repeat ALL of the unique gear is based around low level. So to say that a rare level 28 item can compete with 2-3 linked unique items is simply showing your ignorance.

Linking skills has nothing to do with other players having the ability to one shot you. When a player has unique items which allow more dps, more avoidance, faster attacks, vs other players who cannot match these items UNLESS they also have unique items is based off gear.

"
Barnabas wrote:
Total rubbish comments. Explain to me how someoene can one shot me with 600 health and your comment is, get 300 more? And gear ISNT a factor? Piiish.

Take a good look at some of the unique gear. ALL i repeat ALL of the unique gear is based around low level. So to say that a rare level 28 item can compete with 2-3 linked unique items is simply showing your ignorance.

Linking skills has nothing to do with other players having the ability to one shot you. When a player has unique items which allow more dps, more avoidance, faster attacks, vs other players who cannot match these items UNLESS they also have unique items is based off gear.

Man.. Just cause I 1 shot your 0% lightning resist shadow with a 2k dps dual striker, doesn't mean the gear is op. Brand for example can 5-0 me 100% of the time and the gear on his viper striker is ass. Go back to the drawing board, get some experience and learn what's actually going on before you pretend your opinions on balance matter.
sry ive seen godly and godlys dont lose hp wich wuold pretty much be a smiter with life tap
Lets look at some low level unique items which combined can provide a huge jump on dps for low charaters which other players will find it hard to match.

The Magnate +25% inc physical dmg
Blackheart +5% inc physical dmg
Wake of Destruction + 1-120 lighting dmg
Shiversting Physical: 29-48 & Cold: 35-70 base stats.

When added into a specific fast melee build which supporting burst auras and skills, such as traps - duel strike the dmg is unreal.

Unique items are items used for a specific purpose with a few draw backs. Most of these draw backs come from internal stats, such as removing evade. However, unique items do have very strong stats to boast the player towards a line which few players can match, unless they also have the specific gear.
Also the fact unique items have great stats, but are only useful for another 20+ levels, since after a while rare items will eventually provide better stats. The problem with low level stacks uniques, is that rare items cannot match the increase dmg or mitigation.

It's very well for cheap comments to cry out NOOB! It's totally different to study the different in player performance based off gear at level 28.

Linking skills can only get you so far when your opponent knows what they're doing!!!
Barry, your either a bad troll, or just just a troll.

Few facts about your comment which are wrong.

(Man.. Just cause I 1 shot your 0% lightning resist shadow)
-I'm a duelist not a shadow, and my lighting resist was at 40% at the time.

with a 2k dps dual striker, doesn't mean the gear is op.
-No facts = not OP?

Brand for example can 5-0 me 100% of the time and the gear on his viper striker is ass. Go back to the drawing board, get some experience and learn what's actually going on before you pretend your opinions on balance matter.

-I would suggest going back to the drawing board in terms of gear management if your toon has the ability to one-shot players because of your gear, yet you still cant overcome the fact you have zero defense to Chaos.

Your toon is a glass cannon, biased using certain gear. But the fact your toon is so powerful makes me question the type of feedback the devs are after.
It would seem the ELITE E-PEENS have come to town!!

Lock up your teen age girls, the hardcores are in town!

Check this out, this is BETA, which means people talk and provide feedback, yet you trolls dont provide FEEDBACK, you simply say STFU.

Ill enjoy talking to mature people in the future who link more then statements.

Unlike you Barry, im providing feedback on my experience for the sake of Beta. If you are only interested in flapping you e-peen bc you've got glass cannon gear on a glass cannon toon, go ahead, but your dont helping.

P.S mate, Remind me where the part someone has to go through your personal checks in order to have an opinion about game balance.
Last edited by Barnabas on Dec 30, 2012, 8:09:36 PM
Oh please you made your first level 28 char today and got rocked, don't act like your opinions matter here. The only unique from your list that is strong are Wake of Destruction boots, which are only important for melee dps builds. Wakes are useless to casters and 2h users.

I find it funny that you think the unique item selection is too strong yet you apparently have no clue what people are even using.

The Magnate, Blackheart and Shiversting are legitimately awful items for pvp.

Zero defense to chaos? Would you like me to go CI? Because that's the only defense to chaos that there is in this game apart from a level 53 unique helm that gives 15% resistance. Please continue pretending you understand this game.
Last edited by Barry on Dec 30, 2012, 8:18:18 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info