New to Marauder, Any feedback on my build would be great!

Hey guys, Just started playing PoE 3 weeks ago and I decided to roll a Marauder for the 1 week HC race, currently level 53 but I'm having some trouble with either killing or survivablity, maybe both. Can't really put my finger on which it is.

Passive tree:http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEAAnEEsxRNGS4aOBznIPAkiyftKS4yiTrhPC09Dz38ROdN41BQV-JYY18_ah5qO2z2cql343flerh8uHy7fNmC5Ijxiq-MBozPkBGQVaIApKymV6eEqBipaKlurKquk7Xytz653cT2xYrGrsbY2WHnY-w47w7wH_Iv8kX2SP4K

Auras: Vitality, Determination, Anger.

Gems: Decoy totem, LS, GS, Weapon Elemental Damage, Blood magic x3, Enduring Cry, Melee Physical damage, Phase run.

Weapon: Voll's Baptism

Total armor: 1750
Total health: 2705
Resists: 75% Fire, 50% Cold, 65% Lightening
Health regen: 112.5

Any feedback would be GREATLY appreciated seeing how this is my first HC character! Thanks in advance.
hey there!

You got a pretty similar build like my 59 mara.

The issue I find the most annoying is my DPS.
I need 2-4 hits per trashmob depending which area.

With similar defensive stats like 2.7k life, I would normally say you can take a few hits.

differences:

- I got maxed out resists at 80%
- using maxed endurance charges
- using heavy strike for single-target
- using Warlord´s for some sustain
- not using blood magic at all
- usually not running any auras becuz of small mana-pool

Cannot say whats really bothering you. The slow progression due to low DPS or the problem to facetank everything.
But both go hand-in-hand.
If you feel you can take a few hits, thats pretty much enough to forgive some mistakes,
then you can work on your DPS for faster leveling. And vice versa.

Some details on your Passive-Build:

Your resists are somewhat low, when you take in consideration, that you picked a few more (theoretically not needed) resist-nodes.
You mind looking for a gear-upgrade to fix that leek, so you can respecc some points for further build-progression.
Imho, light- & cold-resists help you more throughout the game, mostly because you face more mobs/bosses with those elemental attacks.

Also you took the flask-points in the beginning,
which I think are less worth then the minus-critdmg.
I read somewhere that crithits ignore some of your armour (dont know if thats right).
Nevertheless, those point are much better for defensive purposes.

The increased Armour-nodes are mostlikely not worth it too.
(Armour Mastery with the 2% MS-boost might be neat tho)

Comparison:

This is my passive-tree, so you can look it up yourself.

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEAAdwCcQSzEuEUTRkuGjgkiyftLdI62DrhPC09D03jUFBUSVcNWGNfP2
EhaHRqHmz2cql4DXq4fLt82YLkiPGKr4zPkFWRzpSgnz6iAKLqplenhKgYqW6sWayqrpO18rc-ud277b6KxBXE9sWKxq7G2NhN2WHaYuLq51LnY-w47w7vTvAf8i_yRfPd9kj-Cv6P

And some of my gear, so you can compare your DPS.

Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable

To sum it up:

My issue is mostly my low-DPS & therefor the slow progression. Few hits tanking is no big deal. I always pull 10-20 mobs together and spam GS while kiting them. Takes some time, but works good. If i get in trouble i got one instant-flask for life-recovery and my 6 endurance-charges for harder packs/bosses. Lets not forget Warlords for the sustain/leech.

Im no pro, so those things might be wrong aswell.
But since we got similar build, i can think that we got similar issues.
Maybe somebody can help you out more & give you some better tips on how to progress, but thats it on my part.

Hope that will help you out abit.
Good luck and dont die like I stupidly did hehe.

Hint: never ever rush through the pyramid, skipping rooms lol!

Last edited by ZoGGGyyyy on Dec 30, 2012, 12:40:26 AM
Some items in this post are currently unavailable.
Well, as you're lvl 53 I guess you're in merciless now - maybe it's time to change your weapon. Although Voll's Baptism is super OP midlevels, you can't expect to beat the whole game with a lvl 27 weapon, right? ;)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info