How the hell can EK EVER be more effective than Spectral Throw?

With my build I am working on it will be in my 70's before there is even a chance to out perform it. This is what I have right now

http://poebuilder.com/#character/AAAAAgAAA5YZiipbLYM1kjsoPC1Bh0ZxSshTNVpSW_RgQ21sbj1uqm-egwmI8ZcGm12btaiarFm0DLVItfK3PrvjwzrEosauykrSGdbR52Pyl_no_gr-ug==

I am using ST because as far as killing stuff it is probably 10+ times more effective overall between kill time, range, sustainability. I am working my way left trying to get My health regen and hp high enough so I don't kill myself casting it. I know using Volls Protector does not help but ST I can spam it forever Blood Magic. Here is what I hope to have when I am done. Well this is more like DONE DONE lol. Circling around to the witch area is where I will get my damage. Is there something drastically wrong with my build or when will things start looking up or at least even with ST?

http://poebuilder.com/#character/AAAAAgAAAnEC4wOWBLMHpQhnEZYUTRXnFvMZihzcIcMjGCSLJjwqWyycLR8tRy2DLdIvnTWSOtg64TsoPC09D0GHRKtGcUmySshN2E3jUEJTNVWuV-FaUlv0Xp9gQ2h0bRltbG49bqpvnnOzfEt8u3_GgW-CEIMJhW2I8Yw2jHaNHI-mkyeUoJcGm12btZ2jnjyfPqIAoqOmV6iarFm0DLVItfK3PrvjwfPDOsSixPbGrspK0hnVT9bR2mLed-dj7BnwH_Br8kXyl_ll-ej8q_4K_o_-ug==
What's your bloody question? :)

EK can be better if you have good gear, and you're not a crappy player. EK just needs to level up, whereas ST mostly cares about gear alone.

Besides, your build is... flawed, to say the least. Take a look in my sig, or other threads here, you'll see how it's done.
[3.22] 💀The Grim Reaper💀 - Hexblast Poison Mines Assassin
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3347191

[3.22] ❄️⚡CantripN's Hadoken! - Lightning Conduit / Crackling Lance / Arc Permafreeze⚡❄️
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3229590
Last edited by CantripN on Nov 19, 2013, 4:27:13 AM
"
CantripN wrote:
What's your bloody question? :)

EK can be better if you have good gear, and you're not a crappy player. EK just needs to level up, whereas ST mostly cares about gear alone.

Besides, your build is... flawed, to say the least. Take a look in my sig, or other threads here, you'll see how it's done.

How would getting spell damage and casting and projectile nodes be flawed? My question is how do I raise my damage I would need 300+ spell damage and god knows how much haste to do the same damage as my ST. Or 200+ exalteds to buy the stuff I would need. There some core mechanic I am missing here?
The answer is EK can never be better than ST
ST is better at low level (when you wear uniques), and
ST is better by a LOT if you have good gear
and ST does not have problem with reflect if you take Ondar's guile keystone

EK is at best if you link it with cast on critical gem on ST or Cyclone
but NEVER as your main attack, the slow casting speed kill it, even if you invest heavily into fast casting

it is easier to obtain dps via faster attack speed+critical+cast on critical
Last edited by laburnum on Nov 19, 2013, 4:48:15 AM
Well, Cast on Crit is just going to get nerfed badly. And it deserves it, frankly. ST needs to be nerfed, but not as badly, especially when it comes to shotgunning enemies (which it does, no matter what they say).

That said, with VERY good gear, ST is stronger, but not a LOT stronger. EK is cheaper to gear for than most builds, actually, and does enough DPS when it levels and you level/gear smart.

ST is the simple/stupid skill that works. EK is a very good spell, and it lets you play a much better build with it.

[3.22] ❄️⚡CantripN's Hadoken! - Lightning Conduit / Crackling Lance / Arc Permafreeze⚡❄️
Last edited by CantripN on Nov 19, 2013, 5:28:09 AM
"
CantripN wrote:
Well, Cast on Crit is just going to get nerfed badly. And it deserves it, frankly. ST needs to be nerfed, but not as badly, especially when it comes to shotgunning enemies (which it does, no matter what they say).

That said, with VERY good gear, ST is stronger, but not a LOT stronger. EK is cheaper to gear for than most builds, actually, and does enough DPS when it levels and you level/gear smart.

ST is the simple/stupid skill that works. EK is a very good spell, and it lets you play a much better build with it.

well, we dont know that yet
CWDT was nerfed 2x, but those discharge builds are still OP as shit

basically all the old builds are all underpowered right now, especially all the popular spellcaster builds in open beta

when you have a 300+ dps dagger, ST becomes ridiculously a lot stronger than EK
all the critical nodes from dagger passive and all the attack speed bonus
there is no way an EK spellcaster is going to compete with that shit
ST also gains benefit from life/mana leech from physical damage from item/passive

also using ST provides perfect synergy with single target attack such as double strike+multistrike, throw some CoC+something
then you have a boss-melting + AoE monster character

while bear trap sucks now if you don't invest heavily into trap nodes

"
CantripN wrote:

Why do you think cast on crit will get nerfed?
"
pabrt wrote:
"
CantripN wrote:

Why do you think cast on crit will get nerfed?

Have you seen it in play? Look at any of the guides with movies that use it.

Haha it's my main character's spec. I wonder why you think it's OP.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info