Problem with launching the game

Greetings.

As the topic says the problem is with launching the game. I know there's quite few of these problems with little differences, but in my case it's that the client process does show up in the task manager after opening the game, but it doesn't do anything. It shows a memory usage of 30 - 33 mb.

I first installed the game 13th of November and first launching it went fine after I updated my graphics drivers and I've played the game up to level 40 on my second character before I died. During the playthrough I experienced the problem a few times but somehow solved it just by doing packcheck before opening the game.

Now for three days of trying the game just won't open anymore. I've tried installing the game via steam, reinstalled the game 3 times without steam, used packcheck, ran the client as administrator, allowing the program through my firewall completely (PathOfExile.exe, PathOfExile.tmp and Client.exe) and checked that my antivirus doesn't interfere with the client.

System specs:
CPU: Intel i5-2500 @ 3.30GHz (4 CPUs)
Memory: 8192MB
GPU: GeForce GTX560 Ti 4049MB
DirectX version: DirectX 11

Here's my DxDiag.txt:
http://www.4shared.com/office/dkY4VWBo/DxDiag.html

I'm sure that it's not just a slow startup since I've had the process running for two and a half hours straight with memory usage around 33mb and processor usage at 0%.

Anyone have any idea what to do?

I hope the information provided helps and will gladly provide more requested information.

Update: Just tried unplugging my other screen from the computer (I use 2 screens)
and the game started perfectly, seems that there's something with running the game when there's two screens working at a time. Any idea what exactly causes this?
Last edited by Muona on Nov 18, 2013, 11:02:22 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info