Scion needs some help at lvl 72

Hey. I created a Scion when the game was released, after playing quite alot in the beta. Decided not to make a specc beforehand, and just winged it.

I have reached end-game maps and i'm doing allright, but i lack some dps. This seems mainly because i have Mind over Matter and require a mana leech gem instead of more damage, but i also gotta take some mana points in order to survive.

I'm at around 2100 hp and 400something mana (with Anger activated), and 40% damage reduction. My spectral throw is at 1400 dps, wich seems a bit low to me. Running with 1hander and shield.

My specc:

Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgAAA5YVIBjbGYoZtBqPJJ0ppSpNKlss6S2DMZ4yCTWSOrM7KD8nSn1KyEyxTeNOKlM1Vi1aUls9W69gQ2JaZ6BsRm1sbXtuPW5pbqpybHTxeOuC5IMJg9uFMod2iPGKr5ARlciXBptdm7WhIqJApleomqlurFmsf7VItfK34r6nwzrEosS4ytPLgs2YzkjOcdIZ037V-NbR3ILdDd7G3uXfmOcK6mLvevKX9Pj22vqx-wn8S_zF_o8=

My gear:

I'm running Spectral Throw with lmp, mana leech, weapon elemental damage and added chaos damage.

What i'm wondering is, should i get some more mana regen and max mana nodes, going to Shaper, or should i just find some more damage nodes? Or should i drop Mind over Matter completely and focus more on damage?

Edit: Added gear
Last edited by Deadlocks on Nov 19, 2013, 10:21:00 AM
bump :(
probably a gear issue man. It would help to post that, as people can see all your links and where you're trying to head.
ign: who_dey, Akbaaah
Added gear
Is because you built and geared super tanky, resist nodes and life and mana and maybe 4 dps nodes total - your even using a 1h with shield for spectral throw.

chances are your resist are well over cap and those points are wasted. - idk much abt spec throw - but I would bet a 2 hander would do way more damage with it.
I might have taken some life and resist nodes yes, but without it im helpless. I'm currently at 40% phys dmage reduction, and 75 lightning, 71 cold and 19 fire resistance.

This hardly seems super-tanky, and i die pretty fast if i dont kill the mobs. I kinda like the safety of the 1hander and shield. A friend of mine is runing kind of the same setup, but he's not going Mind over Matter, thus not having mana leech as a gem. With a 6-linked he's at almost 3k dps and over 50% evade chance.

Question is should i now focus on getting alot of mana and continue with MoM, get alot of mana-regen and dropping MoM or just find more dps nodes as it is?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info