Unofficial Public Profiles and Stash Tabs - by zfire

Hello people!

I have been developing a website for public profiles and stash tabs and it is finally ready for the public!

What is it
*Display your class, level, skill tree and gear in a public profile
*Optionally you can also display your inventory
*Display your stash tabs in a public stash tab

How to use the site
*Go to my website: Here
*Follow the instructions for uploading either a character or a stash tab
*Enjoy!

Examples
*Character: Link
*Stash tab: Link

FAQ

Did you check with the devs before releasing?
Yes i did, and they said it was okay!

Won't the stash tab part of this website conflict with the monetization of the game?
Yes it will, and when the devs release their version of public stash tabs i will take down that part of the website, as i like this game and want it to live on!

Is this safe? are you trying to hack me?
A crx file is just a renamed zip file, if you want to check the source code of the extension, then just unzip the crx file and check it out!

I closed the extension view before i had time to copy the link, what now?
Unfortunately right now there is no way other then me manually getting the link, so just upload it again and don't lose the link! :)

Is there a Greasemonkey version available?
Not right now, maybe later

Why is it so slow to upload a character?
There is a great deal of information to get from the poe website and especially getting the passive skill tree is a little slow

Known Bugs
None yet!

Change Log
v0.10 - 26 December 2012

*Initial Release

"
Won't the stash tab part of this website conflict with the monetization of the game?
Yes it will, and when the devs release their version of public stash tabs i will take down that part of the website, as i like this game and want it to live on!

So.. whats the point of releasing this feature atm?

Whats the point of releasing this overall?

You give this to community and then just take it back? My advice - its better to realease without public stash now instead.
Last edited by Kabraxis on Dec 26, 2012, 6:31:56 AM
"
Kabraxis wrote:
"

Sorry but i didnt see one (without public stash). Aprreciate the efforts but i will not use this.

The point is that GGG hasn't developed their version yet, and probably wont until after open beta. This is meant as something people can use until such a time. I'm sorry that you don't see a use for this, but i do hope others do.
Shutting this down when they realease they own version is idiotic but whatever... im preety sure that someone will make something like this for free even after they release monetized trade system.
GL with this anyway.

PS. Its my personal opinion and i thinks that because i refuse to pay for anything that is not cosmetic (it was one of the biggest 'selling points" of PoE for me - COSMETIC ONLY CASH SHOP. Sad t hing is that is no longer the case.). Thats why at the beggining it was "great! free trade tool!" and after reading your FAQ it was like "meh".
Last edited by Kabraxis on Dec 26, 2012, 6:45:53 AM
Looks really nice, but in my browser the support gems looks the same as normal skill gems. Also binding ALT to view sockets like on the PoE site would be nice.
"
Kabraxis wrote:

PS. Its my personal opinion and i thinks that because i refuse to pay for anything that is not cosmetic (it was one of the biggest 'selling points" of PoE for me - COSMETIC ONLY CASH SHOP. Sad t hing is that is no longer the case.). Thats why at the beggining it was "great! free trade tool!" and after reading your FAQ it was like "meh".

Unfortunately that is just how it is right now.

"
Kemichal wrote:

Looks really nice, but in my browser the support gems looks the same as normal skill gems. Also binding ALT to view sockets like on the PoE site would be nice.

I fixed it so gems looks right, had totally forgotten to add that.
Didn't know about ALT on the PoE site, I'll see if i can add that.

Edit: Added ALT binding
Last edited by zfire911 on Dec 26, 2012, 7:22:16 AM
"
Kabraxis wrote:
"

You give this to community and then just take it back? My advice - its better to realease without public stash now instead.

There's a difference. GGG's public stash tabs is not just public, it mean item put there is available for trade, and doesnt necessarily need buyer to seek out the owner.

Not every stash tab will be public. Every player should have 1 public stash tabs for free. Any additional tabs will come with a purchase.
Unviable build tester.
Fuse mechanics:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/21503
95% Crit Build Without Charges [0.10.1c]:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/172438
"
zfire911 wrote:
"
Kemichal wrote:

I fixed it so gems looks right, had totally forgotten to add that.
Didn't know about ALT on the PoE site, I'll see if i can add that.

Edit: Added ALT binding

Better, but the ALT binding only works every other time you press it, atleast in chrome and it doesn't work at all in Opera (alt in opera opens the browser menu, so on the official PoE site ALT is bound to toggle sockets).

Nonetheless, great work!
this is pretty cool and going to be very useful later on in Public. Thnx for the share.
Kinda awkward that people think shutting it down at the appropriate time is a mistake... Still, good that you've done this, now to wait for someone rich to sign up so I can be jealous.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info