ZiggyD's Etheral Knives Mana Shield Scion/Shadow Build Guide - Hardcore (Updated for 1.1)

my old traper did waaaay more dmg with almost the same skilltree. just change ek for traps and u will pwn everything even in groups. im trying ek myself atm but the dmg... well maybe it gets better when i reach lvl 19 or sumthing with it. my lvl 16 firetrap was more powerfull.
Hi ZiggyD,

not sure if you actually watch for replies on this post any more or not but I am having a bit of survivability issues with this build. Was wondering if you could take a look at my tree and gear and shoot some advice my way on how I can fix it.

Gear
Spoiler

Passive Tree
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgYADkgRlhUgFecZhhmKGo8c3B2qHpQkPCaVJ6ko-imlKk0s6S2DL286szyORZ1GcUlRSn1OKlBCVUtWLVfJWm1br2KsZ6Bte2-ecLtzs3qqf8aCHoLHgwmHdohCjDaTJ5cGmuCbtZ2qna6iLqcIp1ysP6xHrH-0DLiTu-PBxcM6xKLKStVP1p3ZE9sL3FfdDd534Yjquuss6-7wa_ba-ej7CfzF_ro=

I have max resist, 2075 life, and just 4501.9 EK dps

Currently not running MoM cause I just don't have the mana to run it until I get myself Alpha's Howl. I am running Discipline, Clarity, Hatred, Tempest Shield, Arctic Armor will run Grace when I get it instead of Tempest Shield. leaving me with a mana pool of 10.18% (2241 reserved, 244/2485 mana remaining) EK currently costs 118 mana with all my supports and I have 196.2 mana regen per second.
░█▀▀▀░█▀▀█░█░░█░█░░░░█▀▀▀░░░░░█▀▀█░█▀▀▀░░░░░█▀▀▀░█▀▀█░▀▀█▀▀░█▀▀█░█▄░░█░
░█▄▄▄░█░░█░█░░█░█░░░░█▄▄▄░░░░░█░░█░█▄▄▄░░░░░█▄▄▄░█▄▄█░░░█░░░█▄▄█░█░█░█░
░░░░█░█░░█░█░░█░█░░░░░░░█░░░░░█░░█░█░░░░░░░░░░░█░█░░█░░░█░░░█░░█░█░░██░
░▀▀▀▀░▀▀▀▀░▀▀▀▀░▀▀▀▀░▀▀▀▀░░░░░▀▀▀▀░▀░░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀░▀░░▀░░░▀░░░▀░░▀░▀░░░▀░
Last edited by S0S on Mar 19, 2014, 9:01:04 PM
"
Hi ZiggyD,

not sure if you actually watch for replies on this post any more or not but I am having a bit of survivability issues with this build. Was wondering if you could take a look at my tree and gear and shoot some advice my way on how I can fix it.

Gear
Spoiler

Passive Tree
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgYADkgRlhUgFecZhhmKGo8c3B2qHpQkPCaVJ6ko-imlKk0s6S2DL286szyORZ1GcUlRSn1OKlBCVUtWLVfJWm1br2KsZ6Bte2-ecLtzs3qqf8aCHoLHgwmHdohCjDaTJ5cGmuCbtZ2qna6iLqcIp1ysP6xHrH-0DLiTu-PBxcM6xKLKStVP1p3ZE9sL3FfdDd534Yjquuss6-7wa_ba-ej7CfzF_ro=

I have max resist, 2075 life, and just 4501.9 EK dps

Currently not running MoM cause I just don't have the mana to run it until I get myself Alpha's Howl. I am running Discipline, Clarity, Hatred, Tempest Shield, Arctic Armor will run Grace when I get it instead of Tempest Shield. leaving me with a mana pool of 10.18% (2241 reserved, 244/2485 mana remaining) EK currently costs 118 mana with all my supports and I have 196.2 mana regen per second.

Stack some life. Im 54lvl in invasion, 3.3k life, 1.3k EK dps (ek & other gems only 12-13lvl).
IGN: Wanderiin
What gives bigger DPS? For 3 points.

here is my tree:

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgAACGcRlhUgFy8YPBjbGYUZihpsGo8c3B0UIcMkPCSqJ6ko-imlKk0s6S2DLagvbzGeNZI26T8nRnFJUUp9SshN404qVcZV1lYtV-FaUlptW69k52egbqpvnnC7dPF_xoCkgh6Cx4MJhTKHdohCj0aQ1pMnkzqXBptdm7WmV6cIp1yomqx_sZC0DLXyt9a4k70nwcXDOsSiykrPZdDQ2RPbC9tZ3Q3jauvu8pfz3fba-WX56PrS-wn8xf6P

the 3 cast speed nodes by Charisma (aka nimbleness)

Proj nodes in ranger?

or Inner force? (for auras, maybe?)

or Doom cast and the aura effects by Soverntiy?

All are 3 points, I just want to have more dmg.

I think the inner force or aura effects would be good hybrid dps and defense.

What do you guys think?
If anyone needs a Karui Ward for this build, I have 4 of them for sale. Just PM me.

Im currently lvl 50 Shadow with this build in the invasion league and i have some question that i hope someone can answer.

While using Clarity (lvl 10) and Hatred (lvl 12) both linked with Reduce Mana i have 510 unreserved mana, i followed the new video Ziggy posted on youtube and he said that when i reached MoM i should have around 700 unreserved, yet ive reached that point and i only have 510 with 68.5 Mana Regen per Second. Should i take MoM now? Or focus on having more mana or more mana regen in my gear?

Also, ive stacked a lot of HP in my gear, need to take some more HP nodes but i currently have 2250 HP thats seems a little low, someone just posted that he had 3100 HP in Merciles lvl 54 thats only 4 levels above me and around 900 HP more! Should i stack MORE Hp in my gear?

Gear:
Spoiler

Passive:

Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgYADkgRlhUgFecZhhmKGo8c3B2qHpQkPCaVJ6kppSpNLOlGcUlRSn1OKlBCVUtWLVptW69noG17b55wu3Ozf8aCHoMJh3aIQow2kyebtaIup1ysP6xHrH-0DMHFwzrKStVP2wvcV90N3nfhiOss8Gv22vsJ_MU=

Finally would u recommend me to upgrade my gear? I do have the money to do it but i wanted to wait untill lvl 60 to spend most of my currency. If so, wath part of my gear should i change or what kind of mods should i be looking to have?

Thanks
Last edited by JerryVoy on Mar 21, 2014, 4:37:06 AM
Can someone explain progression order to run auras and arctic armor?

e.g.

1. Clarity
2. Discipline
3. Hatred
4. Grace
5. Arctic Armor

I am only running clarity now at lvl 31 but think i have room for one more.
Git R Dun!
"
Aim_Deep wrote:
Can someone explain progression order to run auras and arctic armor?

e.g.

1. Clarity
2. Discipline
3. Hatred
4. Grace
5. Arctic Armor

I am only running clarity now at lvl 31 but think i have room for one more.

At L31 be sure to pickup a 'Reduced Mana Cost' gem ASAP! Currently my mana reservation is down to 36% an aura due to this and nodes. Sadly 'Reduce Mana' doesn't affect AA, and gem quality doesn't affect Aura's mana costs.

Clarity and Hatred - first for the most effect early.
Arctic Armor - as your regen exceeds the costs use and level this. (I am current @L53 with +176 Mana regen and L7 AA) Currently AA makes me almost immune to Piety's minions fast but small attacks.

Socket Grace and Discipline to level them up, but they serve little purpose early, at low level Disc doesn't add enough ES to pay for its costs, Grace will eventually add a ton of armor, look to swapping that in once you have IR and know you are going after tough Exiles/Bosses.
Last edited by CyclopsSlayer on Mar 21, 2014, 6:24:26 PM
Hi guys I'm new to the forum but not really new to the game. Just curious is it possible to use different spells such as firestorm into this build? I can use the skill I know, but firestorm being an ele skill makes it less effective and also having it be a multi hit skill makes it harder to pull off dps on certain types of monsters/bosses. Also how well do you survive high end maps with those massive ele nukes? I'm having issues on my STer on maps with those mobs even while using saffells. Feedback would be nice. Currently trying this build out so far so good.
Okay, I have a question about this new focus on shadows.

My first real character was built off this guide some months ago. I put it away for a while at level 78 to try something new, but after 1.1 badly hurt my current main character (CI Facebreaker Witch), I decided to step back away and try something else.

I settled on my old scion again mostly because I had gotten a good AR/ES chest for my witch that would slot right in, and because I picked up a couple of other good items along the way:

Spoiler

The rest of my gear is average at best, but the results have been very good so far: 1870 unreserved mana even with all 4 auras on, 373 mana regen, 6.6k DPS (with a level 18 EK and without Path of the Savant yet). But my life is atrocious at 2.5k, and that worries me.

I'll be taking 8% life nodes in each of the next four levels, and eventually I'll be able to replace a couple pieces of gear with life pieces (only my belt has life on it right now). But I'm not sure that it'll be good enough as a scion, in particular because my chest is never going to help (it was for a CI character and has no life on it).

Replacing that chest would be hard and I don't want to do that. Is it worth the time to instead replace my character class by leveling up a shadow? Will I get that much out of it?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info