? about skill gems and support gems.

Hi all.
I'd like to ask about something which i couldn't find answear to so far. Does it matter in what order we place gems in connected sockets or not so the main skill & support skill will work properly? To make it clear, if there are 2 sockets linked horizontally should i place skill gem into left sided socket and support gem into following socket which is on the right side, or it doesn't matter in which socket i place them? Of course above gems should go into same colour sockets as they are - that i know, that's not what i'd like to ask about here, which in generall is In what order gems should be placed in linked sockets, and does the "link chain" of sockets starts from the left side if first two sockets are linked horizontally?
Last edited by Bart33k on Dec 21, 2012, 7:02:34 AM
Position and order do not matter as long as the sockets are linked together. Where it could matter is when you link a skill both to a totem and a trap support gem (so it creates a trap that (when triggered) makes a totem that spams the skill or makes a totem that spams traps that are made of the skill), but that'd require more knowledge than mine :)
What I have recognized is, that some people did not seem to understand the relation between support gems and links. I've seen here in this forum a lot of posted items where a support gem was put on a not-linked socket (or in an item with a single socket)!
But what surprised me is, that even this gems get a level update - I think there should be a better warning when socketing an item with a support gem.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info