2H HC Marauder GS, seeking advice

Hello everyone,
i have been trying to find and make a good build for my first HC character which is going to be a GS marauder, i have been looking for builds and advices and have done 2 builds. And im in need of some advice.
- First, i have been hesitating to take or nor Blood magic and unwaving stance. So here are the 2 Builds.

- Passive Skilltree build 1 :

- Main stats build 1 :
Spoiler

life % : 203
armour % : 43
life regen % : 5.2
max life : 60
all res (fire, cold, light) : 35 (30, 0, 0)
endurance charges / life regen bonus : 2
STR,DEX,INT : 330, 174, 44

- Passive Skilltree build 2 :

- Main stats build 2 :
Spoiler

life % : 147
armour : 93
life regen % : 5.2
max life : 60
all res (fire, cold, lighe) : 30 (0,0,0)
endurance charges / life regen bonus : 2
STR, DEX, INT : 320, 134, 44

Thanks you for reading and please give me some good advices, Have a nice day.
Last edited by foufa on Dec 21, 2012, 8:22:26 AM
I'm no expert, but here are my ideas:

I can't comment on build number 1. I'm not sure about taking Iron Reflexes and not Unwavering Stance. I just don't know where those abilities lie, and taking IR but not US seems weird to me. I'm not saying it's bad, I just don't know.

For build number 2, if you're going to take both of them, I cleaned it up a bit. I rerouted to get to some stuff, and dropped a few things. Overall changes: 10 more strength, 30 less dexterity (you don't really need the agility node north of your position, you get plenty later on).

Moving north from your start, I got you bit more health (185% vs 147%) and +20% weapon elemental damage.

Moving south, I picked up an endurance charge (which will undoubtedly be useful) and rerouted allowing you to maybe pick up life leech or more stun duration.

Over by the Duelist, I dropped the +30% life regen from flasks (you can get that right at the start if you decide you really need it) and two +.4% regen nodes to pay for the other stuff I got you. I picked up a savant node to compensate for the one I took away earlier.

Hopefully that gives you some ideas on how to tweak it.
Last edited by lordkrike on Dec 21, 2012, 9:25:48 AM
Hi lordkrike,

Thanks you for your advices and your help (I have seen your fail with elem dmg before you edit =p) the build you gave looks more balanced and clearer. About the endurance charges aren't 5 charges enough ? because if it is, the southets route would make me gain some points.

Awaiting for more advice =).
Fail happens on occasion. I was looking at four builds at once. Got confused.

It's your character, so it's your call. That sixth charge gets you 30% physical and elemental damage reduction vs 25%. I have not been to endgame, but I feel like that could be huge.

Here's a GS build that picks up both US/IR and a bunch of stun duration. This should stun for around .623s with every hit, and with a fast maul comes perilously close to stunlock if you stun with every hit. I'm contemplating this build vs. one that doesn't have Iron Reflexes for open beta. Use it to tweak yours to what you really want.

Of course, every build can benefit from tons of tweaking, and ultimately it's up to you to build the character you want.

Edit: actually, I forgot to include the bonus 20% to stun duration from a 2H maul. This build will definitely stunlock. Probably overkill.
Last edited by lordkrike on Dec 21, 2012, 10:07:07 AM
Build 1: Mana Issues.
Build 2: I liked lordlike build, i modified it according to my taste: No IR nor US. Less, life, much more Life Regen (+2%, with 6 Endurance Charges), +2% Life Leech, Increased AoE Radios (it helps GS), more resistance.

Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEBAecCcQSzBS0S4RQgFE0YkRkuGjghYCfVJ-0otSkuLdIyCTKJNug6UjrYPfxAoFBHUFBUSVWpVgRXDVfiWGNZ810AXz9gS2CIYVJqHnKpdO108Xfleu98uHzZgziGYIzPkFWRzpe0nrmezZ8-ogCi6qcwp4SoGKlorKqsurndu-3AGsRYxtjJmNIh2WHewd-_5K3nUuw47w7vTu988i_z3fZI974=
"The harder the game, the better."
Last edited by Vold316 on Dec 21, 2012, 11:22:35 AM
I tweaked mine again after posting it. It was better to get the health near the Templar than near the Duelist. Always tweaking.

Is life regeneration really that important? I kind of think the +.4% regeneration nodes are a little underwhelming.

I could easily drop 8% health (151% to 143%) to gain 1% life regeneration. Worthwhile trade?
Last edited by lordkrike on Dec 21, 2012, 11:59:35 AM
Having 2k of life, 1% regen is 20health per second. Life 11-level of Loh. Hell yea

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info