NOSTALGIA EFFECT

Bwell... for those die hard diablo 2 fans THERE IS STILL HOPE!
check out this new mod. ITS EXTREEEEEMMMMMEEE!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2AxUxJxSwYM
'An open mind is like a Fortress with it's gates unbarred and unguarded'.
Holy flying fuck?!

will play once full release!

do you know of any new D2 mods?

I played "median xl" a lot, also "back to hellfire"

oh and YOUR SOUL SHALL FUEL THE HELLFORGE YOUR SOUL SHALL FUEL THE HELLFORGE YOUR SOUL SHALL FUEL THE HELLFORGE
Last edited by Coal48 on Nov 12, 2013, 7:35:40 PM
"
Coal48 wrote:
Holy flying fuck?!

will play once full release!

do you know of any new D2 mods?

I played "median xl" a lot, also "back to hellfire"

oh and YOUR SOUL SHALL FUEL THE HELLFORGE YOUR SOUL SHALL FUEL THE HELLFORGE YOUR SOUL SHALL FUEL THE HELLFORGE
"POLICE, PUT YOU HANDS UP!" the only one I can think of atm is eastern sun and Zy El. other than those I have no clue. I actually found this mod trying to find a video demonstrating how to mod d2. I am interested in creating my own mod.

This reminds me of an old computer game that was like GTA but it was a high up view, cant remember what its called, but my bro always played it when I was little lol XD.
wat
Last edited by Nightmare90 on Nov 12, 2013, 8:09:33 PM
Median XL was nice, until you realize it's unplayable later on.
90% of the fun specs send out such extraordinary amounts of sprites that they crash the game.
(:
"
"POLICE, PUT YOU HANDS UP!" the only one I can think of atm is eastern sun and Zy El. other than those I have no clue. I actually found this mod trying to find a video demonstrating how to mod d2. I am interested in creating my own mod.

This reminds me of an old computer game that was like GTA but it was a high up view, cant remember what its called, but my bro always played it when I was little lol XD.

I Know how to mod D2 but only on a very basic level, I'll tell you what I know.

1.Get "MPQ View" http://d2mods.info/filecenter/dload.php?action=file&file_id=113

2.Get a "datafile" for D2 (I use the 1.13 version)

3.With MPQ View select "file" then "Open data file" and choose the one you downloaded

(If you are having problems with the MPQ viewer, run it in compatibility mode for windows xp and as administrator)

4.With MPQ View select "file" then "Open archive" and choose "Patch_D2.mpq" in your Diablo 2 installation folder

5.In the right bottom corner of mpq view, you can select with the filter, what you only want to see, select ".txt"

6.Get the text documents you will want to mess with, like weapons for example, save them somewhere

7.get "D2 excel" http://d2mods.info/filecenter/dload.php?action=file&file_id=145

8.With d2 excel select "file" then "load txt" and choose a text document you saved (like weapons)

8.Now you can edit anything you want about weapons! the problem is that you have to know what does what, some are kinda straightforward like "regstr" means "required strength", if you remove any number in the case, the weapon will no longer have any strength requirements for example.

9.You can check the "phrozen keep" knowledge base to learn what does what but it changes based on the game version. http://d2mods.info/index.php?ind=reviews

10.Once you modified your txt file, create in this order the following documents in your Diablo 2 installation folder: data > global > excel

11.Copy your modified txt documents into the excel folder

12.Now Select your diablo 2 shortcut, right click and select "properties" then in "target" write at the end "-direct -txt"

13.Open the game ENJOY YOUR MOD :D

14.you'll need to make lots of testing and changes if you are serious about it, so remember: If you want to change something, delete everything in the excel folder where you put your txt documents. Make backups of your txt documents so when you delete everything in the excel folder, you don't lose them

I know thats a lot of info and it is very confusing at first but read on the phrozen keeps and I can can post screenshots in this thread if you want to.
Last edited by Coal48 on Nov 12, 2013, 9:23:28 PM
hmmmm... ill have to look into this. Is there any way you could possibly create a new class or animate the way items look on your character?
lol'd
"
hmmmm... ill have to look into this. Is there any way you could possibly create a new class or animate the way items look on your character?

If you mean visually, I have no idea how but it's possible, it would require a ridiculous amount of work (editing every animation frame the character has).

hope it's okay to post this here, it's the only mod out there where someone actually changed the game's viduals without just ripping stuff from other games... [removed by admin]
Last edited by Michael_GGG on Nov 12, 2013, 10:36:46 PM
"
Coal48 wrote:
"

If you mean visually, I have no idea how but it's possible, it would require a ridiculous amount of work (editing every animation frame the character has).

hope it's okay to post this here, it's the only mod out there where someone actually changed the game's viduals without just ripping stuff from other games... [removed by admin]
wow... that's actually pretty damn neat.
Last edited by Michael_GGG on Nov 12, 2013, 10:37:07 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info