Sweep Marauder Build

I am going to try this out my marauder. He is only lvl 14 right now and i am owning everything with sweep, anger, phase run, heavy strike for single target, and molten shell. I will post later as I LvL up if i choose other paths. I went straight for resolute now im working on a few life nodes before I head for blood magic making no unnecessary stops then straight for Iron Reflexes, and then fill in the rest. Let me know what you think as I have only played the game for a week, and thanks to Kripp for getting me into it from his streams.

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEBCygOPA6tD8wUIBiRGNsZLhtSIWAlJyftKLUpLimlMgk2ujpSO4w9_ECgQT9DnESeRLJQR1BQUeZTu1WpVgRXDVg9WGNdAF1JXz9giGFSZ5tul3KpdPF27ny4fNmBK4OxhmCIj4zPjvSUh5e0nrmexZ7NpmSnMKkarKqsurBztC-53b_VxtjJmNIh1I_ZYd-y37_stu8O707x9PIv8pz2SPcy974=
~Play On~
WWW.ELITEOBSIDIANGAMING.COM
Hi,

I had a lvl 58 Sweep/Heavy strike marauder and can tell you some things...

1. You need more life. Sweep is very bad if you are not surrounded by enemies. You have to hit as many enemys as possible to get max dmg and healing.
Perhaps it would work with Iron Reflexes and even more Armor Perks and armor flasks, but I dont know (I havent tried an max Armor/Ress low life build...and definately not as a maruader, I think duellist or ranger are better in this)
I doubt that it will work without a high blockrate shield...

2. As I said, I dont know about an max armor build, but I think it isnt the best deal to spend so many skillpoints and reserved mana just for grace + Iron Reflexes

Imho: save your points here for more life and regeneration

3. You took a lot of Mace stun and regular stun duration perks but not all "stun threshold reduction" perks. I think this is a big mistake. threshold reduction is far more important. If u really want to stun, then I recommend to take em all or let it go completely (and take other dmg perks without stun mods)

4. these +10 Life after kill Perks are pretty bad in lategame imho . If u really want the 1% leech and +2 life on hit - take em (I took it too) but if u have nice uniques with life leech and/or life per hit...

5. I highly recommend "Unwavering Stance" (next to the 15% IAS Perk in the south)
If you are sweeping in the middle of a mob and you get stunned or interrupted you can easily die (unable to attack = unable to heal => death without high regeneration)

I recommend this variation of your build:

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEBFCAYkRkuG1In7SkuMgk6Uj38QT9EslBHUFBR5lcNWD1YY2CIYVJyqXbufLiBK4zPlIeexZ7NpzCpGqyqtC-53cbYyZjSIdlh37LvDvIv9kj3Mve-jAakrKgYah582Q5y3pYFLWBLeu907cRYJ9Wfy8T2PQ8ki3y7379WBMWK8B-iABRNqWgEswJxXz_uFKCdnCcB5zbohmAote9OQKDG5yIb

=> more stun threshold reduction, but a little less duration
=> much more health and regeneration
=> less small dmg nodes, but 2 big new dmg nodes (less skills required for almost the same dmg)

=> you might need to put a skillpoint into one of the big Intelligence or Dex Perks because of skillgem/equipment requirement

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info