Time Warner Cable Throttling?

As of 2 weeks ago I got a new PC and tried to stream on it, and had some difficulty despite upgrading from a e6850. I'd be getting lots of dropped frames occasionally for seconds at a time on twitch, and even more ridiculously long periods of time on livestream. I thought I just had terrible net drivers by accident, but then I did some tests and I'm getting some rather significant packet loss. Tests range from 2%-15%(!) on a simple wired setup. Today I couldn't even maintain a stream at all, it would just drop me completely at some point after dropping some occasional keyframes. I even tried using xsplit and OBS with the exact same issues. I've ran pingtest on all the machines in my house with packet loss issues now. I'm hoping maybe its an issue with a damaged landline, but I have feeling TWC is starting to throttle consistent uploaders. Can anyone else hop on pingtest and tell me their packet loss percentages? I also live in a rather destitute part of town as well so this may be contributing to their service.
Last edited by maskedmartyr on Nov 12, 2013, 12:25:22 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info