[1.0.2 - NERFED AS HELL] Nemesis: KaMa's Insane Degen Summoner! 4161 DPS on Poison Arrow Cloud.

Introduction

Hey everyone, lots of you were thinking of a CHEAP Degen (Life degeneration or Damage over Time) Build?

So here it comes, a degeneration double curse summoner witch with zombies as meatshield, 2 BM's (Burned Miscreation) as main source of degen and (Undying Evangelists) as secondary defensive spectre - optional, lots of skeletons, culling Arc with high Item Rarity (coz of Nemesis) and mainly POISON ARROW.

Yes Poision Arrow, after some calculations i've achieved to make this skill useful as SOLO until endgame content (72-74 maps, with almost any possible mod) as current lvl 79.

How it came into my mind to make such a build, so after nemesis started i made my first character, rushed to Hillock and after his death i got a Silverbranch Bow. My main goal was to be a Magic Find Summoner. So i decided to combine this Item with my Main Build.
Because i knew that summoners are not that strong in early game but get stronger after hitting lvl 50 or so, that was my ideal opportunity to test it out how it will work.

So here it comes, theory crafting, passive skill tree, skills, bandits, items, cons/pros, spectres snapshoting, mapping, boss/exiles tactics, and levelling guide,.

Poison Arrow and dmg scaling calculations.

Theory Crafting

Posion Arrow skill which makes a poison cloud.

The multiplier for poison arrow is 1.15 per lvl!
lvl 20 = 676.5
lvl 21 = 778
lvl 22 = 894.5
lvl 23 = 1028.5
lvl 24 = 1182.7
lvl 25 = 1360.2
lvl 26 = 1564.2

Yes, level 26 Poison Arrow, we can easy achieve that with only 4 link, Empower and one realy important item.

About skills in next part, here we calculate the maximum dmg of Poison Arrow dot.

With Vulnerability (40% dot dmg)

The dmg of Poison Arrow can go up to 2189.9, with triple shock stack (Shock causes the affected target to take 30% more damage, up to a total of 90%.) it can achieve 4160.8 dmg per Second only from Poison Cloud.

With Burned Miscreations i'm betting u'll be amazed when u'll have no time to CULL the Rares or Bosses, because they just disappear from your screen in no time.

Two versions of builds, current and final. In final version Eldritch Battery is optional, if u wanna play safe, i don't suggest it and stay as hybrid, if u feel safe, go for it.

Passive Skill Tree

So here is my Current 100 points passive skill tree, actualy i play a normal Hybrid Life/Es Summoner build with max Summoner nodes. Double curse, and some Mana reservation nodes.

Passive Atributes
+124 to Strength
+74 to Dexterity
+312 to Intelligence
+492 to maximum Mana
+686 to maximum Life

64% increased maximum Mana
120% increased Mana Regeneration Rate
198% increased maximum Life
1% of Life Regenerated per Second
+62.4% Energy Shield
30% increased effect of Flasks

Minions have 90% increased maximum Life
Minions deal 105% increased Damage
+5 to Maximum number of Zombies
+6 to Maximum number of Skeletons
+1 to Maximum number of Spectres
Minions explode when reduced to low life, dealing 33% of their maximum life as fire damage to surrounding enemies

12% increased Radius of Auras
38% increased effect of Auras you Cast
21% reduced Mana Reserved
3% increased Effect of Buffs on You

18% increased Cast Speed for Curses
Curses you Cast never expire
Enemies can have 1 additional Curse

+24% to Chaos Resistance

The Final version of engame build. 282% max life, Insane amount of mana regen due to Eldritch Battery (optional) to be able to run Arcic armor and 3 or even 4 auras.

Passive Atributes
+154 to Strength
+74 to Dexterity
+342 to Intelligence
+507 to maximum Mana
+701 to maximum Life

120% increased Mana Regeneration Rate
112% increased maximum Mana
282% increased maximum Life
1% of Life Regenerated per Second
+68.4% Energy Shield
Converts all Energy Shield to Mana (optional)
30% increased effect of Flasks

Minions have 90% increased maximum Life
Minions deal 90% increased Damage
+5 to Maximum number of Zombies
+6 to Maximum number of Skeletons
+1 to Maximum number of Spectres
Minions explode when reduced to low life, dealing 33% of their maximum life as fire damage to surrounding enemies

21% reduced Mana Reserved
+24% to Chaos Resistance
38% increased effect of Auras you Cast

Curses you Cast never expire
18% increased Cast Speed for Curses
Enemies can have 1 additional Curse

3% increased Effect of Buffs on You
12% increased Radius of Auras
36% increased maximum Energy Shield
15% increased Energy Shield Cooldown Recovery

The skills i use right now and the skills i sugest you to use

Skills

Skills that u need to get with Quallity or increase it by yourself as i am doing from important to last.

optional - Empower (good to level it fast)
1. Raise Zombie (More hp is a must)
2. Poison Arrow (More coverage)
3. Increased Radius (more coverage for PA and BM's)
4. Minion Life (More minion HP)
5. Increased Duration (More duration is good)

All rest are cassual.

Poison Arrow: Main source of dps:
4 Link (As i use) - Poison Arrow + Empower + Increased Area + GMP

5 Link - Poison Arrow + Empower + Increased Area + GMP + Increased Duration

6 Link (optional) - Poison Arrow + Empower + Increased Area + GMP + Increased Duration + (New Empowerlike Skill)

Raise Zombie: A good Meatshield and insane dps boost.
U need for zombies a +2 minion helm and the following gems:
Raise Zombie, Multistrike, Melee Splash, Faster Attacks or as i use Minion Life.

or

Zombies die quite alot, so be used to recast em all the time. They have insane amount of life, and will do good dmg on explosion when die (A good source of dps when they die)

Raise Spectre: with

Burned Miscreation (From Lunaris Temple 2) Using it with Tabula Rasa & snapshot system wich i'll explain later, but its not rly necesary because you don't focus on spectres at all, u can use any kind of spectres that u find during your farm session.

Raise Spectre + Minion Life + Increased Burning Damage + Increased Area + Minion Speed + Minion Resistances

You can use it only as 4 Link too, the most important gems are: Minion Life + Increased Area + Burning Damage. This links are important coz the only way to scale BM's dmg is Minion Life, and Burning Damage, increased area for more aoe :)

Undying Evnagelist - From Scepter of God, same way use em with Tabula Rasa & Snapshot System. This spectres are mostly for defensive play and not so offensive, they do good amount of damage, and their shield is as OP as Burning Miscreation damage.

Raise Spectre + Increased Area + Faster Casting + Culling Strike + Minion Damage + Increased Duration/Life Leach

As 4 link you can aim mostly on Increased Area + Minion Damage + Increased Duration/Life Leach. I chosed Increased Duration mostly because it gives you a big andvantage versus ranged bosses. It increases the time that shield of Evangelist will be on. On physical reflect maps you can use Lifeleach instead of Duration.

Auras: I use only 3 auras, but u can use w.e suits you better. The must auras are: Discipline (Insane amout of ES when Hybrid or insane amount of Mana when EB) + Clarity (Mana regen, u'll need it badly, the cost of poison arrow 4l is 150~).

4 Link - i use Purity (even if i'm overcaped on ressistances just for my minions) or Vitality (for some minion regeneration) + Clarity + Discipline + Reduced Mana.

Skeletons totem: this is flexible skill, i use totem when i need a swarm from distance, or i spam skeletons by myself to nuke some caster bosses.

4 Linked - Totem + Summon Skeletons + Faster Casting + Multistrike

or (Bombing skeletons)
4 Linked - Summon Skeletons + Minon Life + Burning Dmg + Multistrike

Why i pick Minion Life over Faster Casting? Its just for Dmg, u cast at already fast enough speed, the more life minions have the more explosion dmg will be from Minion Instability.

Curses: Most important curse is Vulnerability it scales Your Poison Arrow aswell your Burned Miscreations damage, plus not mentioning the zombies & skeletons melee attack. 2nd curse i use is Temoral Chains ( i find it pritty effective to keep my minions alive and kite mobs when they break through my wall, plus it increases the duration of burns and shocks.) or Enfeeble (For hard hitting bosses only)
I don't link curses to nothing, just use em in free slots (in chest mostly)

Arc: Now this is my culling MF and shocking skill (it shocks pritty good even at low lvl's)
I use it with:
4 Linked: Arc + Chain + Culling Strike + Item Rarity.

Arc is pritty good to aim your mindless zombies to attack enemies. You cast it when got time wile your Poison Arrow cloud is present.

Here i'm explaining which of the bandits i chosed to help during my lvling.

Bandits

Normal - I helped Oak for extra HP because it scales rly good with your %HP nodes in your tree
Cruel - Killed all, an extra skillpoint is a must for this build.
Merciless - Same as in cruel, i killed em all.

And now the items wich are must for this build and ones i'm using right now.

Items

I'm runing atm at full capped resistances w.o. Purity, descent amount of HP, good dex from gear (U need it for your bow and poison arrow skill) minimum dex u need is 151.

My Gear

Try to aim that all of your gear has HP + ES + Resistances, some pices must have Dex too.

Weapon: U need a Bow with +2 To bow Gems and +1 To skill Gems ( This item scales your dps as much as u can immagine. An extra dex and ressistance on bow is good but optional.

+2 to bow skills is good too (used it until lvl 70) because its easy to find

Quiver: Light Quiver is your friend, it gives an extra dex u lack also u can look for some life and ressistances on it.

Helm: +2 minion helm is a must, plus some life, es and ressistances.

Gloves: Dexterity on gloves is good as always, try to find one with dex + HP,es + some ressistances.

Boots: Movement speed is always good, but optional, i find it rly good to have MS on it because u can avoid so much stuff while running. HP, ES + Ressistances on boots is a must.

Chest: Try to find a hybrid Es Chest with ressistances. I got mine pritty cheap, around 7 chaoses. HP, ES + Ressitances.

Amulet: Go for gold amulet (It has good rarity implicit) with Dex + HP + ress

Rings: with rarity, hp and ressistances.

Belt: A good Leather Belt which have hp + ressistances, some es or strengh would be great too.

Flasks: Get one Granite or Jade with remove bleeds (its a must - because u have low physical reduction.)

HP Pots with Animation mod (% of hp to minions). I found that Sapping Sanctifed Flask is best one.

One insta Panic button heal with Animation on it too (Hallowed is best choise).

Quicksilver Flask with movespeed bonus.

and One Hybrid flask when u have some mana issues with Animation on it (so u recover hp of your mobs when u drink it for mana)

Recap:
So The must items in this build are +3 bow, +Animation flasks, Remove bleeds on granite/jade, +dex on some items, item rarity jewelery, +2 minions helm, Hybrid es items with life and good amount of es, resistances and movespeed.

About Pros/Cons of this build in few words:

Pros/Cons

Pros:
1. High HP (5k atm)
2. High ES (2k atm)
3. High aoe degen dmg ( u see things burn around you in just 1/2 seconds
4. Swarmed by spawns (Zombies, skeletons)
5. Medium Itemrarity with culling
6. Shocking ability
7. Two curses
8. 3 Auras
9. Mobs tanks everything for you, barley see taking damage from mobs.
10. Fun to play as solo.
11. Can do almost all map mods
12. Damage on go ( u attack and run, mobs die while u run/kite)

Cons:
1. Not friendly with party's (Might need to change some spectres for party use)
2. Almost 0 physical defence. Hight hp and es can save almost all hits (Map kole with 30% didn't kill me)
3. Not insane MF, there are alot better mf'ers than you.
4. Need some specific gear good is cheap :PP
5. Not that easy to lvl up, but still doable ( i did it alone )
6. Not friendly with caster bosses - Piety/Dominus (But still doable)
7. Dex hungry build.

As u see this build have more pros than cons, its cheap enough, high survability due your meatshield, good mf, insaneeee dmg, high mobility and dmg on go.

To achieve higher dps with your spectres u can use snapshot tactic. For that u need just two items wich i'll explain under:

Spectre Snapshoting

Spectre snapshoting is almost an exploit so be careful and use on your own risk. GGG can fix it anytime. What it does: You use a 6linked item f.e. (Tabula Rasa, Chober Chaber and Sidhebreath) to buff your minions at maximum.
As i mentioned above, make sure u make a chest with first two blue sockets (even linked inbetween) all rest sockets doesn't matter.
Use a 6linked Tabula with gems u want, equip your Chober, Sidhebreath, and summon your spectres with desired gems u want. They benefit from all items u use and all links.
Teleport to town, remove your gems and items, and make sure u put your Summon Spectre gem in your main armor in first blue socket.
The links and sockets in items have same ID, so in this immage u can check em
Here is a detailed video of DonaldF for you to explain how it works
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oD0QErZQr_o

Maps with this build are JOKE!.

Maps

U can run almost all map mods.
Some are realy hard -
No regen - This is your enemy =( u just have not enough mana to spam your skills. 1 flask is not enough. I sugest here to get one extra mana flask.
Blood Magic - Its not good mod for you too, because u lose all your auras, u have weak hp regen and skills cost alot of hp. Dangerous but doable.

Storm Herald Rares - PAIN for our build, some specific mobs kill all minions we have, sometimes heralds just die w.o even casting the lightning.

Mobs u must take care first:
Alchemists Chaos/Fire - nuke em asap or degen em with poision arrow. They kill your mobs pritty fast.

Boss fights are tough! U just do it as coward style.

Exiles and Boss tactics

All melee bosses are easy:
You just cast your totem, zombies and degen does the job. Don't forget to Enfeeble this kind of bosses. If zombies die, skeletons will take care of boss distracted.

Blacksmith: He can leap to you anytime he does it slowly with Enfeeble and Temp Chains, if he does that, i suggest you to run in panic with quicksilver flask until u get away from him. Come closer and closer with skeleton totem. Poison arrow the place [repeat].
Vaal: Use your minions as distraction, avoid lasers.
Merveil: Skeleton bombing (read above). stay in corner and Bomb her with skeletons with poison arrow degen.
Melee Exiles: Same tactic as with Blacksmith.

Ranged Bosses:
Skeletons, Puncture guy from maps, some of exiles: Hate them alot because they can wipe all your minions easy. Use poison arrow, defensive curses and skeleton totem. Stay in safe range, and let the poison arrow do the job. Takes around 1-2 minutes to kill puncture boss. Be ready to use bleed removal potion.

Caster Bosses:
Piety: She's realy pain, equip all your lightning resistance gear and bomb her with skeles and PA degen, use a topaz flask for safety.
Items i suggest you to use:

Dominus: Almost imposible to solo with this build. I never tried yet.
All rest of bosses are quite easy, no need explanation for each one, follow the caster boss tactic.

Now you wonder how to level up this build. Here is a small guide with some explanations for each 10 skillpoints.

Leveling Guide

Leveling Goes smooth if you have an important leveling item:

U can buy one realy cheap for 1 chaos maximum. Its realy good item to start with as level 1, you will have to kill some mobs and get to level 2 with fire trap.
When you start, make sure u have enough sockets to equip:

1. Posion Arrow (as u hit level 2)
2. Raise Zombie
3. Fire trap (ye i used it until level 50) helps to speed things out.
4. Empower (You must invest as much exp u can in this gem)

Use an ussual skill tree as all wiched do.
Level 1-10 Tree - by that you will have 11 points to spend.

When you hit level 10 equip following skills, and make sure you have enough Dexterity to level up your poison arrow.

1. Arctic Armor (realy optional, if u wanna play EB go for it, i chosed to not atm, but might change later on)
2. Summon Skeletons (realy usefull vs brutus)
3. Clarity (For some mana)
4. Minion Life (When you hit level 12)

Level 10-20 Tree - u'll have 22 points when u reach level 20.

Level 20 to 30 this will go realy smooth with your poison arrow and traps, now u have some mana rege, and some zombies with life to protect you, make sure u have enough sockets to level the gems atleast, use 2nd weapon slots.

When you hit level 19, equip all your curses and raise spectre (You will not use any of them at the moment, u just don't need to, but if u want u can go for vulnerability)

1. Vulnerability (use this if u need to)
2. Enfeeble
3. Temporal Chains
4. Raise Spectre (you can summon some minions in way to help you out)

Level 20-30 Tree - at this point you will probably will hit act 3, u have another 11 points to spend until level 30. Don't forget to help Oak in normal for some extra hp. Equip following gems, if you have enough slots ofc, otherwise keep some in mind that u'll have use of.

31 level skills:
1. Discipline
2. Reduced Mana
3. Purity
4. Increased Area
5. Summon Totem

This were most important ones to use, rest are for level 24 and 31, make a mix wich one u can equip.

6. Faster Casting
7. Burning Damage
8. Culling Strike

other gems are optional to level up

9. GMP
10. Increased Duration
11. Minion Speed
12. Increased Rarity

Continue your journey through act 3, make sure u find a party for Piety and Dominus as u can't solo em at this early stage.

Level 30-40 Tree

After killing piety and reaching level 40 you will have 46 points to use. continue leveling your gems, and adjusting DEX and STR requirements. Try to improve your gear since you came into cruel now.

Level 40-50 - After finishing act 2 cruel and finishing bandits, you will have 59 points (around level 50) now aim for heavy life because u need some. Continue with act 3, party for Vaal, Piety, Dominus - for safer reasons, make sure you have atleast 50 all resistances.

Level 50-60 - at this point you will be in merciless act 2. Improve your gear once again, buy some cheap items with hp and resistances, buy +2 thicket and a dex quiver to support it, ES is not that important yet. In this stage reaching level 60 you will have to do a small respec, you will have to use around 20 points, make sure you did all respec quests, and have some regrets stocked, i used 5 or maybe less.
Progress act 3, don't farm docks at all i suggest you to go straight to merciless catacombs, use spectres from act 3 cruel. By that time you should have 3 necesary items for snapshoting. And a +2 bow.

Summon some Burning Miscreations and let the farm begin until level 70 into catacombs. Make sure u pick Minion instability and follow this build up

Level 60-70 - in next stage u might pick an extra spectre, +1 curse and more mana. You have already reduction points to run 2 or even 3 auras. Progress act 3, kill Piety, do all side quests. Hold On on Dominus, i didn't killed him yet and scary to do it solo. Prepare your gear for some 66 - 68 maps

Level 70-80 - this is how you skill tree should look at level 80, if you can drop more dex, go for it. You are able now to run maps, your Gems are level 17 almost 18.

And final stage as u level. and the final build i planned is
Level 80-100

Hope you Enjoy it as i do. Feel free to leave your feedback, suggestions.
I would really love you to comment my build and tell me what you think.
Peace and Love, KaMa!
IGN: KaMaCyTpA
Buying Quallity gems - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/167349
Last edited by KaMaCyTpA on Nov 29, 2013, 6:00:18 AM
Changelog
23/11/14 - Added Undying Evangelist support gems
23/11/14 - Added lvl 26 Poison Arrow Damage scale (+1 +2 - from bow, Empower lvl 2 gets +1 from bow too, so its actually empower +3, in total of +6 to main Active Skill)
Last edited by KaMaCyTpA on Nov 23, 2013, 9:49:16 AM
This build looks incredibly fun. Any videos?
"
Merix wrote:
This build looks incredibly fun. Any videos?

Videos might be in further!
Debating trying this out in domination. Am curious how much the overall damage is hurt when in small groups though. My last build in anarchy was the Kripp support summoner and this looks like a more fun twist on it.
"
ragnarok911 wrote:
Debating trying this out in domination. Am curious how much the overall damage is hurt when in small groups though. My last build in anarchy was the Kripp support summoner and this looks like a more fun twist on it.

i can easy carry groups of 3 peoples including me, but when more there just not enough dmg to solo things!
bump
Gonna go ahead and try this on nemesis, seems fun enough :)
Does anyone have any idea what the DOT changes are gonna look like in the next patch? I want to make this build but I don't want to start it yet if the changes are gonna be too drastic.
i though this gear-swap-summon-exploit was fixed: once you move your summon gem to another armor summons stats are recalculated. or was it fixed only for auras?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info