Warlords of Draenor

I wont lie.

Since I quit WoW in Vanilla. Nothing has peaked my interest as much as the upcoming Expansion has. (and WoW was pretty damn magical when you first started playing in Vanilla)

I think it's because to me it sounds like Blizzard have said "hey, we get it. you don't have 4 hours 4 times a week to do raids and progression, you want to hop on for 40 minutes and have some fun"

It's the same reason why Heroes of the Storm has me interested, while I love DotA and last hits/lane control.

The idea of getting on for 20 minutes and wrapping up a game sound pretty good.

This whole thing actually makes me see that Blizzard is pretty cleverly keeping a finger on the Gaming communities Pulse.

The majority of gamers are in fact Adults with other things happening, they cant commit 10 hours a day to the grind. This is also why Portable Games are booming, Dave from accounting can crush enemy Clans in Clash of Clans on the Train to and from work, and on the toilet.

So anyway. Anyone else interested in Warlords of Draeonr?
I'm also keeping an eye on Wildstar and Everquest:Next. I really want a fun MMO I can play where I'm not forced into 2 hour dungeons.
You can be the ripest, juiciest peach in the world,
and there’s still going to be somebody who hates peaches.
Yes and No. Nobody forces you to grind for hours, but if you want to hit max level and have great items, you have to grind for hours... that's the nature of the Genre.

I can get to 70ish pretty easy in my 2 weeks off.
12 Days, 2 Hours per night, Tuesday and Wednesday I can get 2 hours in during the day. Roughly 30 Hours if I were to commit 100% of my time
But up that point it's sort of just laying the foundation.
I say this because you don't play PoE for the story, if you did. You'd be done after Normal is complete. You play to make a powerful character and do Maps/High end Farming. So you can get better loot and do harder content.

Which is fine, I'm happy with that, its what I want my Hack and Slash to be. And PoE lets me do that as a Single Player. I'm not forced to team up (which doesn't work most of the time unless you know Aussies that are on at the same time)

Once I hit 70, I get stuck. I don't have the Time needed to progress much beyond that and I certainly don't have the time to Farm/Trade for the Gear I need.

I'm hoping the Web Based trading system will solve that problem for me.

I honestly find that all my characters are held back by gear. Any time try to craft, I don't have anywhere near enough wealth for it to pan out.
IE: Regal's but no Exalts, or not enough Chaos to keeping hoping for a good Rare.
But I've had some lucky drops/trades which have let my 2 main characters progress to where they are.

Wow was the first computer game that I played for any length of time. The missus used to love playing as well. We were both healers in a medium raiding guild and enjoyed it for a good length of time. Neither of us still play, I think mainly because of the time that you need to grind for gear to be able to raid.

Looking back on my time in Wow. I miss the people from the guild the most, I don't miss the game at all. Having to jump through hoops (dailies, farming for mats) was what killed it for me in the end. Raiding was fun, learning the dance and then everyone doing their roles, it was like synchronized swimming. But the best part was having a captive audience on vent for my lame jokes and drunken ramblings.

I can't ever see myself going back though. POE fills my needs for a bit of a gaming fix.
"Withdrawing in disgust is not the same as apathy"

I decided a couple of years ago that MMORPGs simply aren't the place I need to be. I tried the whole "social gaming" thing and I really just can't stand it. I'm a solo gamer and MMORPGs invariably have a wall beyond which no meaningful progression can occur as a solo player. It's simply the nature of the genre. That's why I prefer ARPGs and why I get so frustrated when ARPG developers push too hard to get players to group.
It looks so incredibly bad, as does Wildstar.
If you think WoW or PoE has "toons", then check out Wildstar to see what a toon really looks like.

WoD will probably be at least decent, but for now, it just looks boring. Nothing particularly special or interesting at all.
(:
I like the Cartoony style.
It has a longer life.

Realistic graphics out date very quickly, 2 years max.
Where as stylized graphics tend to last longer.

I probably wont get into either.

I play DotA with my brother when we are both at home.
I play PoE because I have at least 2 builds I want to get to 100 and optimize with gear.
Then I play BF4 when I want a change.

There's no room in my life for an MMO I think.
Unless the wife could remember to buy a damn lotto ticket for once, then we could win that $22 million

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info