LS Marauder vanished?

Hi there,

I was off for quite a while but decided to return to PoE to just get into it again before the final OB wipe occurs.
However as i was playing regulary Lightning Strike Marauder was pretty common if not the most used build for a Marauder, but now neither here on the forums nor ingame anyone seems to be using this build anymore.

Did i miss some nerf of some kind or is it just not "mainstream" anymore?
Im trying to build LS marauder that use projectiles from LS as main damage source but with mediocre gear its pretty weak.I have 100-450 dmg 2hander and with 2 support gems,iron grip,LMP LS projectiles hits like weak noodles compared to ground slam or sweep.

I tried adding chain its a bit better but costs a lot of mana,is hard to use in small rooms or corridors and ground slam is so much better.

I dont want to play spellcaster or bow char and i feel like GS is the only way to go in high lvl maps for marauder.Tried sweep,dmaage is very similiar but why would i want to tank all those mobs when i can just hit them from range?

Any ideas for LS build that is viable in high lvl maps in HC?
IGN:Vraarz
Well as i said I'm about to get into the game again and don't havwe any real comparison right now, I've got a lvl ~70 Marauder (multiple accounts easy to loose overview over all cahracter levels) and since all may passives got reset i decided to create a LS build again since it was my favorite build before i quit.

Obviously LS suffers from some issues compared to ground slam/sweep especially against enemies with high resistances.
Still i think with nodes from the templar area combined with the shock capabilities of LS you should be able to end up with comparable DPS while having much more utility provided by LS.

However I personally don't know wich support gems should be used, at the moment i don't even have an overview of all the existing support gems and wich would synergize well.

I'm not playing HC thus don't need to focus on survivability THAT much but with the build i am playing at the moment I hardly die (even though my equipment is far from being good) it roughly looks like this:

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEBxthYY1BQjM_2SF8_VEnnUu8OPfx8uCkuud3yL6gYah7ZYVcN0iGezacw974UIFBHGJEUcQ48OlLfvzboZKMaVWEhhO907XrvYEsFLcRYJ9VAoO9OKLVgiGFSn8sZLift892sqlnzwBqQVaeEGjhaK-w4V-IyiXflBLMUTQJx8B-iAClPgpvVdcy38s7kIrUEXcZG1yyno_I=

It's a bit more focused on elemental damage nodes than usual builds i guess but I still feel like the amount of survivability suits the build pretty well. I am about to head towards the Iron Reflexes Keystone now.
Not sure how long you played PoE but yes there was nerf to LS.

Apparently LS, (this is before my time as well), projectile damage used to be a combination of physical and elemental with the physical component being 100% of your physical damage.

The current iteration of LS removes the physical dmg so the projectiles are now just your elemental damage.

It's still strong though....my LS Marauder in Legacy has around 8.5K DPS but thats with a top end 2H mace.
OB: BazzVone - 83 Dual Spork Totem Templar /w CI and minions
CB: BazzVfourteen - 80 Dual Spork Totem Templar /w CI
CB: BazzVtwo - 73 Dual Spork Totem/LS Templar
CB: BazzVseven - 76 Lightning Strike Mara
CB: BazzVfive - 78 Lightning Strike Mara

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info