[SOLVED]Can't install game - ShaderCache.dat error during install

Whenever I try to install game i get this error:

It appears in first download/install (over 4gb) and later on during downloading/installing patches up to a file which has 121.94MB when it downloads/installs only 16MB out of this 121MB then transfer rate drops to 0 and it re-starts to download this file again - then stops again at 16MB and so on and so on for 4-6 times and afterwards above pictured monit shows up. It always something wrong with this "ShaderCache.dat" - i assume that it doesnt install at the first time and the next errors (during patching) are present as a result of it. The result is I can't finish installing game at all. I checked - i don't loose my internet connection at all (youtube was playing when it stopped downloading/installing game files). How to fix it or what is wrong? I really wanted to play at this game but after 2 days of trying to just install it - i got enough for now.
Last edited by Bart33k on Dec 17, 2012, 3:21:06 AM
Do you have any internet speed booster programs or proxies? I would call your ISP to ask them if you are using a caching proxy, they will know what that is.

If you have any personal firewalls or other intrusive security software, disable it for now, there is usually a way to disable it for 5 minutes in the tray or the menu options somewhere.

Works for me:
Spoiler
md5sum ShaderCache.dat
4cc572a5b1cfab95de34d1d4a3eb3984 ShaderCache.dat
122MB
Last edited by ionface on Dec 16, 2012, 12:14:42 AM
This is what a get during every try to install main game files (4GB pack)
[IMG]http://i48.tinypic.com/2exsy0n.jpg[/IMG]
As for firewall, I use Kaspersky;s software and during install i turn it off completely. Windows 7 firewall is turned off permanently as i use for this matter above noted software. As for proxy's and other stuff like this i don't know anything, i'm green in this kind of knowledge. As for boosting internet -i don't use such a programs, this game downloads and installs vie it's client as it may be seen on uploaded pictures. Strange thing is that it always currupts at this ShaderCache.dat file. Maybe anyone for developers could say a word about this issue. Help, i truly would like to play this game.
Last edited by Bart33k on Dec 16, 2012, 6:34:10 AM
I started this pack check program, it reported a LOT of files as a "hash is out of sync - repaired" monit. Afterwards i start client again and again a stuck at 16MB of this 121MB file. I CAN"T INSTALL THIS GAME AT ALL! Isn't there anyone who may help me with this issue???
Why do I always get Shadercahce.dat partial download? It seems that's not an issue related to my ISP connection at all - whenever I try to download/install this game i have no problems with connection in background. It looks like i can't fully download one game file without which I can't finish install it.
Last edited by Bart33k on Dec 16, 2012, 10:36:32 AM
Did you ask your ISP? This could easily be their fault.
As in most of my computer related issues and problems - this one resolved by itself somehow. I didn't do anything just tried to install game for 6 or 7th time and it finished without any problems.
Thanks for replies and tries to help.
This is happening to me as well. I've removed the entire 5GB file, restarted the download dozens of times over the weekend, and am about to just give up. The odd thing is I can't do it anywhere, be it my place, my parents house, my brothers house (he downloaded it while I was and it worked, wtf?), or anywhere. It just recursively starts over and over and eventually just crashes out with timeout error on this exact file.

It makes no sense at all, why this one file?

Digitaldak
How is this solved?

I still have the same issue, firewalls and antivirus programs are there for a reason, I should not have to desactivate anything to download the patch, tried to uninstall / reinstall the game completly and its not working.

I will give it a few more go but I won't download again the 4gb for a 10th time.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info