[1.1.1]-[The Auramancer] Multi-aura Shadow Summoner & Support - Updated 03/17

------------------------------------THE AURAMANCER - [1.1.1]-------------------------------

Multi-aura Shadow Summoner & Support based on Remote Mine & Low Life

Hello everyone, i want to introduce you the Auramancer, a high end summoner&support build.
Why to do this ? because i've found many people that hates/ignores/QQ the power of a true summoner combined with the new nodes in 1.0.

Constructive criticism is appreciated, on the other hand, shit-talking will be ignored.
**Please remember i am not an English native speaker, so my grammar/vocabulary sucks.**
I'll continue to update this guide with more content if needed and future patches

STREAMING:http://www.twitch.tv/asmodeo89

INDEX:
1.Pros & Cons
2.Gems & Support Gems
3.Explanation of current gems
4.Recommended Gear
5.Explanation of current gear
6.Passive tree and level progression
7.Explanation of passive tree & other interesting nodes
8.Current Stats
9.Spectres
10.Snapshots
11.Bandits
12.Tips
13.Changelog

First of all pros&cons of this build:

PROS
Spoiler

-Capable of soloing (or group) all content, if right spectres are chosen*
-Great support class (3-6 auras running helps a LOT)
-Can be adapted to be a mf pretty easy
-Low life + ES is awesome!
-Changing pots/lowering the amount of auras lets you do Blood Magic Maps
-Can do any other map mods without problems
*:see spectres

CONS
Spoiler

-Some high end gear required, although u can play without it and still be viable !
-Passive tree is hard to change, but a bit customization is possible.
-Crappy build at low levels

Gems & Support Gems
Spoiler

Raise zombie 4L

Raise spectre 5L/6L (The other support gems depend on the spectre you choose)

Auras (3 or more) linked with reduced mana if possible

Shock Nova

Curses (from 1 to 3)

Support Skills

Explanation on current gems & support
-Raise zombie is going to be our meatwall-supertanky defense, for us and for our spectres, so try to 4L it in a +2 minion gems so their hp skyrocket. For really end game, use BoR for snapshotting em.
-Raise spectre is our main dmg skill, so we want to increase the output damage of these guys as much as we can, but also guarantee their survival. Thus I personally choose life leech (a must for reflect maps), and faster casting - remote mine because those two act as multiplicative damage bonus.
-The Shock Nova spell is used for shock stacking so it improves the dmg output, is not a source of damage itself. Arc is another option for this role. Increased Critical Strikes adds another 4% chance to shock. Shocking and trigger EE is the only role for this skill.
-The auras i personally choose are: Purity, Discipline and Vitality (on hp) as support/defence for me and my zombies/army; Hatred and Haste for cc and overall buff; and Clarity as needed for low regen maps and spamming arc.
-For the Upcoming 1.0.1 version i suggest to keep this setup of auras, or go to a more defensive version, removing Hatred, Haste and Purity, and going 3Purity auras + Vitality + Discipline
-For curses, i think temp chains is a MUST, because it reduces the dps of the enemy and also increases frozen/shock stack duration by 50%!
Vulnerability is really good increasing our minion physical damage and also Burning Miscreations Damage over Time (Unrighteous Fire)

-Testing animate guardian, but its useless atm.
-I do not recommend to use Determination/Grace auras
-Other dmg auras are "ok" but the main reason to choose Hatred is for cc (chilled and hopefully frozen sometimes) and the damage of zombies is 100% phys, so we are adding some damage with this aura also. Physical damage spectres also benefit from this aura.
-Other curses that are usefull: enfeeble (combined with chains is amazing), vulnerability and ofc any elemental curse that could benefit your spectres damage.

Recommended Gear
Spoiler
Main Gear
Spoiler

Flasks
Spoiler
Your really need 3 of these, they are really OP with our low life build.

Snapshot Gear
Spoiler

Explanation on current gear:
-Ephemeral edge: insane Es buff ( It gives me near to 1k ES, reaching 6.3k ES)
-Prism Guardian: this shield has a built-in blood magic+reduced mana cost support gems, wich means i can run purity, discipline and vitality all in hp with this single item. Also it is a great shield for Necromantic Aegis because it grants +49% all resistances to our minions.
-Shavronne's: for low life gear is a must, otherwise chaos damage will kill you
-Bones of Ullr: that extra spectre is so sexy
-3 pots of HP (instant and non instant) + minion recovery mod
-1 pot of mana ( for non regen maps) with remove bleeding
-1 pot of adrenaline with dispell frozen
-The other gear needs: ES/intelligence, few resist and +all attributes(MUST)

Why Midnight Bargain is not recommended:
reserves 30% of hp, wich means you have to remove one aura running on your health, and u wont get the benefits of Ephemeral Edge. More damage Vs More survival/support, its your choice.

Another recommended item for a more deffensive setup is Springleaf. You will be able to run 3-4 auras only but you will gain an insane 6% life rengen (thus great ES regen).
The 3-must have auras are Vitality, Purity and Discipline.

Now The passive tree that i'm currently using: (LVL 90)

Explanations on current passive tree:
-Picking as much minion hp/dmg as you want, this is the core of our build
-ES nodes, because we are focusing in a pure ES build, and we need as much as we can get
-Perma-curses helps you in low regen maps
-Zealots oath let us make chaos per sec dmg maps and its great combined with vitality
-Some reduced mana reserved nodes so we can run 6 auras or more at a time
-Dual Curses for temporal chains + enfeeble/vulnerability/flammability combo.
-Chaos resistance nodes and gear are always good, we are not CI.
-Necromantic Aegis for all resistances to our minions with Prism Guardian. Only pick it if you have really high elemental resistances.
-Elemental Equilibrium with shock nova for more fire/cold damage. It is really important to use shock nova because our minions do fire and cold damage and we want to maximize that damage with EE
-Iron Reflexes + Grace + Determination = 50% physical damage reduction

Current Stats
Spoiler

These are my current stats in Merciless difficulty with the 6 auras running
(Discipline, Vitality, Purity of Elements, Grace, Determination and Hatred),
and Necromantic Aegis keystone.

List of my favourite Spectres
Spoiler

Undying Incinerator: This guy is simply amazing, epic fire damage, but low life.
Gems:

Role: pure DAMAGE

Undying Alchemist: Greeny brother of the Incinerator, does chaos damage instead, but still a low life spectre.
Gems:

Undying Evangelist: Good phys damage and proyectile inmunity for you and your zombies if u stay inside the bubble, making fights against some bosses a complete JOKE.
Gems:

Role: Damage/support - best for playing in groups IMO.
*TIP: dont use Concentrated effect with this guy, or the bubble will be tiny, use instead Increased area of effect, or a combination of concentrated effect/increased area of effect.
*TIP: Hatred aura will increase the damage of these spectres.

Tentacle Miscreation, AKA Titty Bitches: great fire damage, specially combined with faster casting and fire penetration. Cant get benefits of concentrated effect.
Gems:

Avian Retch, AKA Bloodspitters:these monsters eat corpses and do damage spitting the blood of their dead buddies, really good against necromancers, but u can run out of corpses pretty fast.
Gems:

Role: pure DAMAGE and corpse cleaner

Burning Miscreation: insane dot dps. Burning miscreation uses "Unrighteus Fire" and in 1.0.2 this dot can be improved in several ways:
-minion damage nodes from tree
-increased burning dmg gem & minion dmg gem
The result is a fucking insane dps area dot, and your new best friend in 1.0.2
check this post for more info about BMs support gems

Gems:

Role: Dot (insane) Damage

Plummed Chimeral: High phys dps, simmilar to the tentacle misc. but with pure phys dmg, why is this good, because can get +damage from your Hatred aura(not sure, have to check).
Gems:

Role: pure Phys Damage
*TIP: Hatred aura will increase the damage of these spectres.

I personally hate flame sentinel, this is one of the main reasons ppl hates necromancers in their groups.
The spectre has good damage, good base ES, but combined with chain/GMP lags like hell and converts your screen into a firework castle.

Snapshots
Spoiler

This is a really important part that lots of necro users often ingore/missunderstand. What is snapshot? its quite easy. Each (instance of a) minion recieves its benefits from the gear/support gems that are active when you use the skill. That means either you wanna swap the gear or change it when you are going to summon the spectres/zombies.

Good items for snapshot(only):
-Sidebreath amulet - zombies and spectres
-Matua Tupua shield - zombies and spectres
-Montregul Grasp: summon half zombies with this item, swap and cast the rest - zombies
-Chober Chaber (insane hp tank zombies) - zombies
-Midnight Bargain - zombies and spectres

You also can snapshot auras using Alphas Howl.

How do I snapshot:
For Zombies:
-Equip Bringer of Rain, attach raise zombie skill gem to a slot in BoR
-Equip Montreguls and Matua Tupuna -> raise 4 zombies.
-Unequip Montreguls -> raise another 4 zombies.
-Go town
-Unsocket Raise Zombie skill gem and attach it to the same position in another helmet and equip that helmet

For Spectres:
-Equip Sunblast Belt and Matua Tupuna.
-Clear the area of undesired corpses raising zombies
-Throw a mine on top of your target corpse, detonate it and wait for trap to detonate.
The result is MORE damage due Remote Mine skill gem and MORE damage due Trap skill gem. Completely OP.

Bandits
Spoiler
Kill All

Pro Tips (in case you didn't know)
Spoiler
U can make this build with a Witch instead of a Shadow, and save few points.
-Influence >> Inner Force for this build
-minions inherit all IIR/IIQ of your gear
-spell totem gem behaves like your character casting the skill attached from that location, with all its consecuences (positive and negative) and infinite mana. For example, spell totem can activate elemental equilibrium.
-"more damage" means multiplicative, while "increased" means additive
(Base damage + Additive bonus) * (Multiplicative bonus)

Example with minion damage: 1 minion damage node and remote mine lvl 20
((100% + 15%) * 1.49)

Changelog
Spoiler

19/11: Added speciffic flasks for the build.
20/11: Added Streaming profile (to see previous vids)
27/11: Upgraded Chest (6L Legacy Shav AT LAST!!) and the 3 flasks
29/11: Added new spot for burning miscreation (1.0.2 its totally OP)
01/12: Added gems in gear/spectres, updated some of them to 6L
07/12: Added Stats in Merc with my 6 auras
11/12: Reworked build, remove redbeak and mine nodes, changed a bit gear/gems/tree. Reached level 89 YAY ! Rework Still in Progress !!!! Added Passive tree Progression
31/12: Updated build, added Elemental Equilibrium and Necromantic Aegis nodes. Changed support gems for raise zombies.
-----HAPPY 2014!!-----
08/01: Added 2 new snapshot items, only for RICH people and high lvl characters/skill gems

Thanks for watching!
Last edited by Ricael on Mar 17, 2014, 7:02:01 AM
Hey, interesting ideas especially with the low life using prism guardian.

One tip for you: titty bitches "attack" and do not "cast", so they will benefit only from faster attacks and not from faster casting gem.
"
DerDave wrote:
Hey, interesting ideas especially with the low life using prism guardian.

One tip for you: titty bitches "attack" and do not "cast", so they will benefit only from faster attacks and not from faster casting gem.

Thanks for the tip, you were right, fixed !

EDIT: going to test on 1.0.1 the 3 purity auras combined and see how they work instead of the old purity.
I'm experimenting with a very similar build on a lvl72 witch right now to see if I should respec my former lvl92 sporker to it or not. The main thing I've noticed is that my ES with Shav's and Prism Guardian is ridiculously low (something like 4k), since I previously got most of the ES from my shield.

What's your ES with the gear you linked? How much is good enough for an endgame MF-focused summoner?

With CI, I'd get about 8k ES using a regular ES chest and an ES shield, but low life seems attractive to me for at least one or two more auras.

Perhaps I should use the ES shield as a compromise (and run only 4 auras but get 6k ES)?
"
exit_zero wrote:
I'm experimenting with a very similar build on a lvl72 witch right now to see if I should respec my former lvl92 sporker to it or not. The main thing I've noticed is that my ES with Shav's and Prism Guardian is ridiculously low (something like 4k), since I previously got most of the ES from my shield.

What's your ES with the gear you linked? How much is good enough for an endgame MF-focused summoner?

With CI, I'd get about 8k ES using a regular ES chest and an ES shield, but low life seems attractive to me for at least one or two more auras.

Perhaps I should use the ES shield as a compromise (and run only 4 auras but get 6k ES)?

Well, as you can see, my gear is not top-end. With my current gear + passive tree i only have 5k ES, but i've never had any troubles with that, let me explain:
8 Zombies with "capped" resistances (minion and totem resistances sup gem + purity) and 8k+ hp can tank everything and serve me as the perfect meatwall for incoming proyectiles and magic. I tend to abuse on this so much i dont even care i have 5k ES.
This combined with enfeeble/temp chains = afk and take a coffee.

On top of that, if you check my gloves/helmet/rings u'll see they have crappy ES, so i plan on upgrading em soon and get at least 6k total ES, which is far enough to play this build. Remember this is a necro build and you have to be "protected" by your minions :)

So if you are running a sporker build, going low life will improve your dmg output (if using redbeak for example) plus can run at least 2 auras on your life. So i see 3 potential ways to play sporker:

-High ES chest + high ES shield = 8k+ ES char, high survival. Standard build.
-Shav + high ES shield = low life, 6k+ ES char, high dmg, good survival, and a bit of utility. I recommend this for you.
-Shav + Prism Guardian = low life, 5k+ ES char, high dmg, "enough" survival, lots of utility. Maybe not worth to run 5 auras with a sporker ? do you really need those auras ? my minions do.

If you plan to run a Low life MF sporker, i do not recommend you to use prism, because u'll have very low ES, shav is necessary to go low life tho.

The main thing is, if u plan to use shav or shav+prism u'll need to spend currency on getting good items to counter that ES loss. In the other hand u'll get more damage and utility. The choice is yours, and you should run the specific build according with your playstile.

If you want you can pm me your passive tree and maybe its possible to enhance your ES in another way

I think this is the only recent shadow summoner build I've seen lately, and it looks good, too! I wanted to give this a little bump. :)
"
Mivo wrote:
I think this is the only recent shadow summoner build I've seen lately, and it looks good, too! I wanted to give this a little bump. :)

Hey!

thanks for your response, I really appreciate these comments about my build

I'm still working on possible tweaks and upgrades for this build, not only in the current skill tree, also searching for possible gear upgrades !

Will inform, and update the main post, as soon as I get new stuff,

see ya !
Streamin for a while, low lvl maps :P

Last edited by Ricael on Nov 20, 2013, 8:26:51 AM
I am pretty noobish at this game but i am playing hardcore and wanted to be a shadow summoner so I am going to give this a try , I already need to redeem some passive points , just wondering how proven this build is so far ? I noticed you are level 88 so must be working , lastly any advice on gear and such i should be using around level 25 ? Should i already be getting the majority of the gems you suggest and start to level them up ?
Last edited by NoGoodNinja on Nov 26, 2013, 6:25:26 PM
"
NoGoodNinja wrote:
I am pretty noobish at this game but i am playing hardcore and wanted to be a shadow summoner so I am going to give this a try , I already need to redeem some passive points , just wondering how proven this build is so far ? I noticed you are level 88 so must be working , lastly any advice on gear and such i should be using around level 25 ? Should i already be getting the majority of the gems you suggest and start to level them up ?

Hi, first of all thx for your reply !

The main problem with any summoner build is the first 30-40 levels. Why ?
1.Your minions (zombies/spectres) will have very low life, and probably non-linked to other support gems. Very few passive points in minion hp/damage
2.Your flasks will be crappy as well, so u wont be able to sustain their hp
3.No multy aura for supporting
4.Complete lack of gear
5.etc...

These are the main problems of building any necromancer in low levels, its a pain.

Thus I recommend the following:

1.Get the "main" gems as soon as u can, and begin leveling em (even if u dont use them). Main gems such as raise zombie, raise spectre, minion life, faster casting, vitality, discipline, purity of elements, and few more.

2.For leveling I recommend to choose one of these, depending on gear/level u have:
-Play as a full necro and use life regeneration totem, it will help a LOT specially at low levels, cuz at those levels vitality sucks.
-Play as a necro but use freezing pulse as main attack skill.
-Play as a fire-caster, spec into minion instability and a bit of fire damage. Use as main attack skill [spell totem + summon skeletons], although you picking the rest of the passive points as the guide shows.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info