Can't equip for stat requirement

So, the following happened to me: I have a chest armor with +X strength and a gem with a STR requirement. With the +X I have enough strength to use the gem, otherwise not. If I equip the armor first and then put the gem inside it in a socket everything works and I can use the item.
But if I pick up the armor (with the gem in it) with the mouse, then I cannot wear it anymore (it's displayed with red "requirements not fulfilled" background).

The annoying part is that this happened to me in town while my inventory was full of rares. So I was moving the armor around with my mouse, but I couldn't equip it, I couldn't drop it in the inventory, I couldn't leave it on the ground. In the end I exchanged it with another item in my inventory and left it on the ground destroying it. :(

I lost only a few alt shards, but this should be fixed. Please include the item's own bonuses when checking the stat requirements on wear.
Shower thought: no two rares are the same. So rares are unique, while uniques are not. On the other hand, uniques are rare, while rares are not.
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
there is a strength mod on the chest item, you can't equip it with the gem inside because of it
Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1
Yeah I know, that's exactly what I wrote, duh.

The problem is (1) it's unnecessarily complicated because I can equip the chest and the gem in two steps if I want (2) it's dangerous because you can lose items with that, as happened to me. I just had crappy yellows I was going to vendor in my inventory, but imagine the same happening with my inventory full of uniques actually worth something.
Shower thought: no two rares are the same. So rares are unique, while uniques are not. On the other hand, uniques are rare, while rares are not.
"
fph wrote:
...(2) it's dangerous because you can lose items with that, as happened to me. I just had crappy yellows I was going to vendor in my inventory, but imagine the same happening with my inventory full of uniques actually worth something.

Just FYI, there is a way around this. If you click on one of you skill icons bound to a keyboard key and set it to the Move Only skill, you can move around freely with that and then just move to your stash or click on an exit to leave the area with your item still on your cursor.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info