ETA on Dueling and Public pvp parties?

Dueling was going to be added when PoE released but was pushed back. Since then there have been mentions of other additions and a new patch but no update on where were at with dueling.

I would like to say that GGG can kill two birds with one stone, add dueling and revitalize PvP in one fellow swoop.

We need an open PvP zone with safe area that is easy to enter/exit (no Loading). In this safe area there should be:

Stash - To equip different weapons/armor/rings to counter opponents or change up the loadout

Vendor - To sell wares and do orb transactions

Waypoint

DUELING would simply be added to the drop down player menu and take you to this zone with your opponent to fight, while the safe area is blocked off.

Players already in a party doing quests and slaying monsters can quickly head to the open-pvp Waypoint and fight each other to see who's the alpha dog!

You would obviously be able to make a public party labeled something like: PoE pvp JOIN!!
Players would be able to join and head right to this "zone", click on whoever's picture they want to hostile (better than "default" hostile)

THIS would make PvP thrive and therefore improve matchmaking PvP, PK guilds will pop up and PoE will double in popularity overnight!

A response would be great GGG, thanks for molding an awesome game in the meantime!
Yup. Totally agreed. I have a few friends who will return when this, not the grief circus cutthroat, happens.
Want to Fix the Economy, Bad Loot, Trade and Legacy PvP? pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/548056
Open Letter to Qarl on Crafting Value pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/805434
Biggest Problem with Mapping: Inconsistent Risk to Reward pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/612507
Last edited by Veta321 on Nov 9, 2013, 3:24:57 PM
Dueling and public pvp parties need to be a front burner issue.
"
Shunyata000 wrote:

ya and no lvl cap please, I wanna dominate some lvl 50s with my 28 ; )
I Stream PvP Twitch.tv/GrindcoreTHRALL
THE STORY OF MY Descent into the Abysmal Afterlife( HC to SC, too Stronk!)
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/346754
PK massacre, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ldz09uBZ-ug
"
"
Shunyata000 wrote:

ya and no lvl cap please, I wanna dominate some lvl 50s with my 28 ; )

I, actually, think this is a good idea. If guys want to play with hard level caps let them do it in custom PvP. Match making should have a MMR/Trueskill/ELO that makes matches balanced, regardless of level.
Want to Fix the Economy, Bad Loot, Trade and Legacy PvP? pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/548056
Open Letter to Qarl on Crafting Value pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/805434
Biggest Problem with Mapping: Inconsistent Risk to Reward pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/612507

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info